Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, AlisaOz said:

I'm scheduled for RNY next week, and I'm paying cash (18K). When you say "got it back", what do you mean?

I was wondering the same thing 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, G8trgrl said:

I’m Platinum on Carnival, but I’ve sailed RC and NCL.

We sailed on Carnival in the past for a Canada cruise (nearly froze my rear end off LOL), but just got end up with the other two. I hope we are on "go" for the fall, I am ready for a vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AlwaysCruising said:

We sailed on Carnival in the past for a Canada cruise (nearly froze my rear end off LOL), but just got end up with the other two. I hope we are on "go" for the fall, I am ready for a vacation.

Me too! I rarely take time off in the fall because that’s when school starts. But, my twin and I will be celebrating our 50th on the cruise in September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, G8trgrl said:

Me too! I rarely take time off in the fall because that’s when school starts. But, my twin and I will be celebrating our 50th on the cruise in September.

We will cross our fingers and hope that we are on "go"! We booked three total through spring 2021 and so tired of dealing with FCC's etc that I hope these are a go (it's been a bit of a mess, gotta feel sorry for them having to deal with all these when none of it was there doing). and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AlwaysCruising said:

We will cross our fingers and hope that we are on "go"! We booked three total through spring 2021 and so tired of dealing with FCC's etc that I hope these are a go (it's been a bit of a mess, gotta feel sorry for them having to deal with all these when none of it was there doing). and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thank you! You’re absolutely right. We pre-pay tips, but will be giving more throughout the cruise because this is the crews livelihood. They are doing this to provide for their families. It’s a shame they’re missing out during the busiest times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, G8trgrl said:

Thank you! You’re absolutely right. We pre-pay tips, but will be giving more throughout the cruise because this is the crews livelihood. They are doing this to provide for their families. It’s a shame they’re missing out during the busiest times.

I agree - we never pull back tips (I thought I would tackle this woman standing in front of me on an expensive cruise complaining about how this was 5 people she had to pay this on and couldn't afford it! Yikes, if she can pay for 5 people to cruise don't steal a few cents a day from each person who served them during each day). I was mumbling and trying to be loud enough she could hear me. I gave her a stink eye the rest of the day LOL

I can't imagine what they have done during this, so many were laid off. But I think many of those of us who are clearly obsessed cruisers will be very generous on our upcoming voyages - doesn't make up for it, but at least they will know we understand their situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid 20,000 Canadian dollars for my surgery. This did not include flights or accommodations. Luckily I work for an airline and my flights were next to nothing. I expect to get back aprox $8000 through our government medical plan but that’s probably it, private insurance doesn’t cover it. So it will be 14,000 out of pocket. I’m sad/ disappointed I had to spend that money on WLS BUT if it helps me get my life back then it’s worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in food costs, eating out, bar fees, and more energy to work and make more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, AlwaysCruising said:

That is your opinion, and it's a negative judgment, that is my point. You are indeed saying it's invalid or wrong. I just asked a question, your judgement isn't helpful to anyone. What if someone said to you it's just my opinion but you got your size because you are X, Y, and Z? Does that person have a right to have that judgmental opinion. My guess is you would say no, since they know nothing about you and are making a lot of assumptions based on their view of life if you were being honest. Just because you have an opinion on everything doesn't mean you need to voice it every time. Just saying.

I know a lot of psych providers who do these assessments and they are many months behind due to covid-19. So if it's a matter of waiting for an in-network provider to be back in the office in 4 months or doing it with a provider by telehealth cash out of pocket rather than be delayed with your surgery another 6-8 months, some might choose the latter. it wouldn't be crazy or indicate their lack of patience and maturity (the we didn't get here overnight thing). Maybe you haven't noticed, but there has been quite a delay in some people's appointments and procedures with this nasty virus going around.

I'm not going to keep on with this, there was no negativity here until you brought it. You created a problem where there wasn't one - maybe it's what you like to do but I don't find it a lot of fun. I'm not into drama. Have a nice day.

I am fully aware of the delays people are having. I should have had my surgery April 7th. It of course was canceled. I started this process in December 2019 I probably wont have it till June or July now. But you know what that is OK I have the patience to wait. I feel that this waiting is giving me an opportunity to better prepare myself for this life changing event that is getting ready to take place. I am not sure why you keep bringing up maturity,negativity, and drama. If you cant handle a persons response then do not post anything asking questions.

Edited by Thenewguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WInston223322 said:

Just in food costs, eating out, bar fees, and more energy to work and make more!

That was my guess. Do I get a prize??? ;-) Glad things are going well for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2020 at 4:20 PM, AlwaysCruising said:
  • How much would you pay out of pocket for the psychological assessment if it could be done soon and without you having to drive to get there?
  • How much would you pay to get a doctor's clearance letter for surgery?

$0 for both the questions above.

I have an own personal issue with paying out of pocket for something that can be covered legitimately under other means...even if it means delaying/waiting for it a bit (but that's just me!).

Everyone will have their own reasons for paying/not paying to fast-track their surgery...so if one has the means, and wants to fast-track, then go for it. It's your money, you can spend whatever and how ever much of it as you want!

Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 24 years I’ve been at my job, wls has never been covered. So, if I want to be healthy after trying 5 other programs I have no choice but to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2020 at 3:07 PM, ms.sss said:

$0 for both the questions above.

I have an own personal issue with paying out of pocket for something that can be covered legitimately under other means...even if it means delaying/waiting for it a bit (but that's just me!).

Everyone will have their own reasons for paying/not paying to fast-track their surgery...so if one has the means, and wants to fast-track, then go for it. It's your money, you can spend whatever and how ever much of it as you want!

Good Luck!

Was just curious what those who would be willing to pay would pay 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how much money people make but I personally saved up over 6 months to pay for my surgery gaps.

For a new life I don't think there can be a monetary value if you want it bad enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, Superman84 said:

Medicare covered everything prior and the $4000 covered everything surgery related and 7 days in private hospital private room; multiple tests in Hospital; television, food.

no motel just petrol and had to buy my own Vitamins and medication after I left hospital all surgeon consultation now covered as well it was an all inclusive package for the $4000-

No actual psych clearance needed just a referral and a good discussion with the surgeon and of course all my labs and medical history sent to him it was a very simple process here in Australia...

Oh I've had to buy my own Protein Shakes I know some hospitals give out protein...

$4000 is a small price to pay for a new life 😛 & a fast track program!

It's 8.5 months since I started my own pre-op diet and I've lost a total of 152lbs and been maintaining now a few weeks at 170lbs...

I think it’s a good idea to require psych evals, it’s a huge life change and there are psychological contradictions as there are physical ones. I don’t know any surgeon’s here who don’t require one although I am sure there are, most insurers def do,

glad everything has gone well for you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×