Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, G8trgrl said:

Yes, consult, tests, hotel room, surgery, meds, post op IV, support group.

Cool. But for those of us using insurance, I was wondering what those who are opting to pay out of pocket for a few of the prerequisites in order to get it all done faster are paying for those requirements 🙂

If you have insurance their prices start at $6799. I have insurance, it just doesn’t cover wls.

By the way, I’m always cruising too. I’m bummed my cruise that was supposed to 20 days from now was cancelled. I still have my September one to look forward to.

I would not pay because my insurance is covering my procedure. I feel that taking all the steps required by my insurance and my doctor is setting me up for success. My doctor even for cash patients still require 3 visits to make sure you are ready for this life changing surgery. We did not put this weight on overnight we cant expect a solution overnight either.

This solution is definitely not overnight. I’ve done 4 medically supervised weight loss plans. I’ve researched the gastric sleeve for over a year. I have other health issues that need to get better. For my health , I’ve decided that this is the best choice for me. I don’t get paid for extended time off. I already have the Summers off unpaid. So, this is the best time for me to do it since I’m already off.

1 hour ago, G8trgrl said:

If you have insurance their prices start at $6799. I have insurance, it just doesn’t cover wls.

By the way, I’m always cruising too. I’m bummed my cruise that was supposed to 20 days from now was cancelled. I still have my September one to look forward to.

We love, love, love cruising! We just lost two (March and June) but rescheduled for oct 2020 and april 2021. I told them we needed to make sure we got my surgery between or before dates LOL

2 hours ago, Thenewguy said:

I would not pay because my insurance is covering my procedure. I feel that taking all the steps required by my insurance and my doctor is setting me up for success. My doctor even for cash patients still require 3 visits to make sure you are ready for this life changing surgery. We did not put this weight on overnight we cant expect a solution overnight either.

Hi 🙂 I would not pay for surgery since insurance covers it, but sometimes people make a decision to pay for some things out of pocket if it will take too long to get an insurance based session (insurance authorizations can take a while, etc etc). So some of us choose to pay for certain things vs. waiting for insurance (or dealing with it). It is a matter of someone not being patient enough. Even though some people responded about paying for their entire surgery, but if you will read my original post the question was what would someone pay for those small expenses. That original post wasn't about getting around requirements or anything even close to it. This topic wasn't about people trying to get something overnight, most of us are mature adults and understand things as well as the next person.

Edited by AlwaysCruising

1 hour ago, AlwaysCruising said:

We love, love, love cruising! We just lost two (March and June) but rescheduled for oct 2020 and april 2021. I told them we needed to make sure we got my surgery between or before dates LOL

I’ve been an addict for years. I can only cruise during expensive times, but I always try to get one in every year. This year it’ll be 14 months between cruises since my last one was in July last year. I’ve been on 27 cruises. 🛳

5 minutes ago, AlwaysCruising said:

Hi 🙂 I would not pay for surgery since insurance covers it, but sometimes people make a decision to pay for some things out of pocket if it will take too long to get an insurance based session (insurance authorizations can take a while, etc etc). So some of us choose to pay for certain things vs. waiting for insurance (or dealing with it). It is a matter of someone not being patient enough. Even though some people responded about paying for their entire surgery, but if you will read my original post the question was what would someone pay for those small expenses. That original post wasn't about getting around requirements or anything even close to it. This topic wasn't about people trying to get something overnight, most of us are mature adults and understand things as well as the next person.

with my doctor making you wait 3 months there is plenty of time to complete all steps with insurance. I just don't understand why anyone would pay for something out of pocket if insurance will cover it. This is a process and people need to have patience.

23 hours ago, AlwaysCruising said:

I've been going through the pre-surgical process and have everything now done except the release for surgery. As I have scheduled the various appointments required before surgery, I have found myself wondering how much people would be willing pay to just get these done faster with less hassle! It's my mini survey of the day (I guess I have more time on my hands than I thought 😁)]. These are my most recent, so...

• How much would you pay out of pocket for the psychological assessment if it could be done soon and without you having to drive to get there?
  • How much would you pay to get a doctor's clearance letter for surgery?

Happy Mother's Day to you and yours and stay safe!

Maybe $300 out of pocket for both but only if both were favorable otherwise i would save that money for the after expenses

28 minutes ago, Thenewguy said:

with my doctor making you wait 3 months there is plenty of time to complete all steps with insurance. I just don't understand why anyone would pay for something out of pocket if insurance will cover it. This is a process and people need to have patience.

Just way better not to judge people I think, you can't know their reasons 🙂 And sometimes surgeons aren't clear with people that there are things they have to get on with booking and then when they do it's months beyond what is workable. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it an invalid or wrong choice. The question had zero to do with patience or people not being willing to wait, it was just a question. Please don't read things into it that weren't there and create unnecessary negativity where there was none.

Edited by AlwaysCruising

23 hours ago, AlwaysCruising said:

I've been going through the pre-surgical process and have everything now done except the release for surgery. As I have scheduled the various appointments required before surgery, I have found myself wondering how much people would be willing pay to just get these done faster with less hassle! It's my mini survey of the day (I guess I have more time on my hands than I thought 😁)]. These are my most recent, so...

• How much would you pay out of pocket for the psychological assessment if it could be done soon and without you having to drive to get there?
  • How much would you pay to get a doctor's clearance letter for surgery?

Happy Mother's Day to you and yours and stay safe!

You said "I have found myself wondering how much people would be willing pay to just get these done faster with less hassle" To me that says you have a lack of patience. I never said it was invalid or a wrong choice. I am not being negative I am just being honest.

17 minutes ago, Thenewguy said:

You said "I have found myself wondering how much people would be willing pay to just get these done faster with less hassle" To me that says you have a lack of patience. I never said it was invalid or a wrong choice. I am not being negative I am just being honest.

That is your opinion, and it's a negative judgment, that is my point. You are indeed saying it's invalid or wrong. I just asked a question, your judgement isn't helpful to anyone. What if someone said to you it's just my opinion but you got your size because you are X, Y, and Z? Does that person have a right to have that judgmental opinion. My guess is you would say no, since they know nothing about you and are making a lot of assumptions based on their view of life if you were being honest. Just because you have an opinion on everything doesn't mean you need to voice it every time. Just saying.

I know a lot of psych providers who do these assessments and they are many months behind due to covid-19. So if it's a matter of waiting for an in-network provider to be back in the office in 4 months or doing it with a provider by telehealth cash out of pocket rather than be delayed with your surgery another 6-8 months, some might choose the latter. it wouldn't be crazy or indicate their lack of patience and maturity (the we didn't get here overnight thing). Maybe you haven't noticed, but there has been quite a delay in some people's appointments and procedures with this nasty virus going around.

I'm not going to keep on with this, there was no negativity here until you brought it. You created a problem where there wasn't one - maybe it's what you like to do but I don't find it a lot of fun. I'm not into drama. Have a nice day.

Edited by AlwaysCruising

1 hour ago, G8trgrl said:

I’ve been an addict for years. I can only cruise during expensive times, but I always try to get one in every year. This year it’ll be 14 months between cruises since my last one was in July last year. I’ve been on 27 cruises. 🛳

You are as bad as me 🤣🤣🤣 We would've been diamond on our next RCL cruise (now defunct). My parents cruised when we were children, wasn't fun back then like it is now for kids though. We are doing a side 2 side (Miami and Fort Lauderdale in late October, we haven't done one before). We sail on RCL and NCL, what about you?

Edited by AlwaysCruising

21 hours ago, WInston223322 said:

I was right there is it ok that the head doc made me get naked? JK i paid 15000 cash but i live in a expensive areaa got it back already in less then a year

I'm scheduled for RNY next week, and I'm paying cash (18K). When you say "got it back", what do you mean?