Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

Sorry, slow posting. I can’t imagine what she must be going through. Remembering her in my prayers.

On 01/28/2020 at 07:53, rene50 said:

Sorry, slow posting. I can’t imagine what she must be going through. Remembering her in my prayers.

I can’t even imagine. :(

1 hour ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

Just found out I have to do 30 laps around the unit. 2 down, 28 to go before I can go home!

yikes ! 30 laps around my unit ( 500 ft ) was 2.5 miles. Did mine in sets of 8. :)

2 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I've been up and walking as much as I can. But I can't pass gas yet and they and they won't let me go until then ugh

Good luck at home !

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The old pressure test ( verry important ) :) YOU GOT THIS !

Yes I can barely see my phone too! Or read or work. Kinda sucks. But it's from the scopalamine patch.. it dilates your pupils like they do at the eye doctor and makes things blurry. I can see the tv fine and if I take my glasses off I can read up close. But I'm so bored ! Haha

I was so board only news I could get was CNN I was constantly walking laps , cleaning the room, talking on the phone, ( good drugs. lol ) by the time I started rearranging the furniture they threw me out. :)

I've been up and walking as much as I can. But I can't pass gas yet and they and they won't let me go until then ugh

Good luck at home !

Don't worry, that too shall pass, lol. Luckily I didn't have that requirement to go home. They just listened to make sure my bowels were making noise. I have been pretty gassy since about day 4 Post-OP with my first BM on day 10. Ask your doctor about adding Fiber to your liquid diet like Miralax or benefiber. That should help as well.

Edited by Uomograsso

3 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Where is Krimsonbutterflies? The original poster? Just wondering if your still scheduled how everything is going???

I was wondering the same thing.

Finally had the last leak test, all is good. I had to drink some contrasting Fluid, then x-rayed with some type of weird imaging instrument. I was told 2 other leak tests were done after surgery yesterday.

I still haven’t had a drop of liquids, not even ice yet, but they are supposed to be bringing me some. This doctor allows no liquids until after the test. Grrrr!!!

Finally had the last leak test, all is good. I had to drink some contrasting Fluid, then x-rayed with some type of weird imaging instrument. I was told 2 other leak tests were done after surgery yesterday.
I still haven’t had a drop of liquids, not even ice yet, but they are supposed to be bringing me some. This doctor allows no liquids until after the test. Grrrr!!!

It's so crazy to me how different the surgeons do things. I was sipping as soon as I was awake, and walking. And didn't need a leak test and they let me go home a couple hours

On 01/28/2020 at 14:13, BadWolfGirl said:

It's so crazy to me how different the surgeons do things. I was sipping as soon as I was awake, and walking. And didn't need a leak test and they let me go home a couple hours

It really is crazy how different surgeons do things differently and all insist that their procedure absolutely must be followed for proper healing!! Same for me with no leak test, fluids and walking immediately. Overnight stay but discharged exactly 24 hours after surgery.

On 01/28/2020 at 13:59, rene50 said:

Where did you have your surgery?

16 minutes ago, Taj said:

Where did you have your surgery?

In Puerto Vallarta, MX. The nutritionist just came in and brought ice chips. She’ll will be back in an hour with something else.

In Puerto Vallarta, MX. The nutritionist just came in and brought ice chips. She’ll will be back in an hour with something else.
And they said I couldn't have cold drinks or ice, ha.. all so different! I envy your ice chips !

1 hour ago, BadWolfGirl said:

And they said I couldn't have cold drinks or ice, ha.. all so different! I envy your ice chips !

Yes, they are all so different with their protocols. I can’t have anything warm for several days. I am enjoying tiny sips of room temp Decaf tea now, and finally some Water.

How is everyone doing?

RNY yesterday. I'm home in my own bed tonight with no nurses (albeit wonderful ones) waking me up every 4 minutes.

My pain level is very low and hoping the uncomfortable gas dissipates by tomorrow! So far so good !

One more day of Clear Liquids and then I can start on my purees!