Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date



Recommended Posts

Let's make this the official January surgery date thread. I will be having my surgery on 1/31/2020. I was certain that I was going to have the vsg, but I'm learning more and leaning towards the rouxny (rny) gastric bypass. Whatever you decide, let's get this thread started and support one another. I'm just starting it, but anyone can feel free to jump in and keep it going 💜.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to add, where I'm having my surgery and who. My pre-op requirements.

Kaiser- Dr. Um - Chief of Surgery

One day liquid diet, may change at my pre-op appt.

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I forgot to add, where I'm having my surgery and who. My pre-op requirements.

Kaiser- Dr. Um - Chief of Surgery

One day liquid diet, may change at my pre-op appt.

I had VSG at that same Kaiser in March 2018. Dr Kim was my surgeon (moved to Kaiser Harbor City), and I saw Dr Um at my one year. He was very nice. Good luck on your surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your surgery date and welcome. Due to my severe anemia, my surgeon is strongly against me getting the bypass. Vsg is the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jan. 28th but im wondering If i should Ask for A Sooner date like the end of this month Due To Deductibles and OOP resetting In jan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, BecomingAnna said:

Jan. 28th but im wondering If i should Ask for A Sooner date like the end of this month Due To Deductibles and OOP resetting In jan.

Welcome Anna, are you ready sooner than your date? If so, go for it. Either way you are in motion. I'm so excited for all of us. New decade, new beginnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my date! January 27, 2020. I was hoping to be able to do sooner, but due to work obligations, the 27th is what works. So excited/nervous. I'll be having surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC. I'm a revision from Sleeve (2011) to RNY/Bypass due to severe GERD and 70lb regain. The primary reason is the GERD, but I won't lie, I'm excited to be able to lose weight again!

I am pretty active on Instagram, if anyone else is there, we could start a January2020 hastag! My IG name is gastricbypassloser_mj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2019 at 7:16 AM, gastricbypassloser said:

Just got my date! January 27, 2020. I was hoping to be able to do sooner, but due to work obligations, the 27th is what works. So excited/nervous. I'll be having surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC. I'm a revision from Sleeve (2011) to RNY/Bypass due to severe GERD and 70lb regain. The primary reason is the GERD, but I won't lie, I'm excited to be able to lose weight again!

I am pretty active on Instagram, if anyone else is there, we could start a January2020 hastag! My IG name is gastricbypassloser_mj

Welcome to your January surgery siblings group...You will be starting our week off with surgery that Monday. I'm excited for all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2019 at 8:26 AM, nenes78 said:

I had VSG at that same Kaiser in March 2018. Dr Kim was my surgeon (moved to Kaiser Harbor City), and I saw Dr Um at my one year. He was very nice. Good luck on your surgery.

Please share your details of the Kaiser Bariatric Surgery process at that location, if you don't mind. You can message me or post here. I'm curious and would like an idea of what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Duke483 said:

My gastric sleeve surgery is scheduled for 20 Jan.

My pre-op appointment is scheduled for 27 Dec.

💜💜💜💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2019 at 9:55 AM, Corokel said:

Hey! I am scheduled for January 24th!

I am having my RNY surgery done at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center with Dr. Billmeier.

Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you as well and welcome aboard.💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ms.sss

      I think i just spent the entire morning plus a couple more hours on here.
      My name is ms.sss and I am a BP forums-aholic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      My life is WONDERFUL
      JUST PLAIN WONDERFUL
      I am 10 weeks post op today. I have lost 43 pounds!
      I walk 3-5 miles daily and I have picked up Hoola Hooping! I am on a dang roll and I love it.
      SO HAPPY I GOT THE SLEEVE!
      Sorry I have been absent on here but I really have made it a point to take care of ME. My exercise time is precious so I have to get it in before working or anything else.
      I wish there was MORE than WORDS to express to you just how wonderful I feel!
      I even created a new blog post today! https://sabrinagoddess.com/create-a-life-that-you-love

      · 2 replies
      1. Michaeljex

        http://herbalgeek.com/products/weight_loss/hoodia

      2. Michaeljex

        http://herbalgeek.com/products/weight_loss/hoodia

    • BayougirlMrsS

      WOW..... 50,005 people have viewed my profile..... Hope i was able to inspire at least one....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Vicki Lindsey

      Ok I had surgery on Jan 27 2020 so I am 3 weeks out and have lost 32 lbs  I wish I had this done sooner. Now just trying to figure out different things to eat so I am not eating the same thing over and over. I did order some stuff today from the Bariatric Store and that stuff should be here in time for my next phase. I have a goal of 50 lbs by the first of June hope that is attainable. Good luck to every one on this journey 
      · 1 reply
      1. MAUREEN2U

        That wonderful. That's a lot of weight for such a short time.Hooray.

    • GinaFigz

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×