Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Date

So happy all the 27th gals are doing good!
I’ve been walking all over the floor I’m on and husband and I sat on a balcony and watched the sun set. Still no pain, but they put some pain meds in my IV, so that may be why
Are there 2 types of leak tests? They did one after surgery, but I can't have anything to drink until after the test in the morning. I didn’t understand the 2 leak test explanation. The doctor speaks very good English, but fast and my mind was a little foggy.
8AECB8A2-5951-4471-BECA-078C671A26DC.thumb.jpeg.36b794c14b39d006c33919f877e70e3d.jpeg
04828387-810A-4775-8D89-948F572FF691.thumb.jpeg.d8eb206a9a1edf2dcdc0bf8eaa149f25.jpeg
EF9C20C4-6694-4B5A-955C-0E7245802B90.thumb.jpeg.16de876db2917afa221e1c3209c5fb7c.jpeg
Thank you! Glad to hear you're doing well too!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 01/27/2020 at 17:24, TattooedSeaStar said:

Doing great!! I had visitors today that helped me walk the halls. She was afraid she would hurt me- I said baby, on the good drugs!!

What hurts isn’t even the bypass!! I am scar tissue from my c/secttuo

7C42534C-90AE-435D-837F-312E644F099D.jpeg

How cute

On 01/27/2020 at 19:17, rene50 said:

I’ve been walking all over the floor I’m on and husband and I sat on a balcony and watched the sun set. Still no pain, but they put some pain meds in my IV, so that may be why

Are there 2 types of leak tests? They did one after surgery, but I can't have anything to drink until after the test in the morning. I didn’t understand the 2 leak test explanation. The doctor speaks very good English, but fast and my mind was a little foggy.

8AECB8A2-5951-4471-BECA-078C671A26DC.jpeg

04828387-810A-4775-8D89-948F572FF691.jpeg

EF9C20C4-6694-4B5A-955C-0E7245802B90.jpeg

Omg so beautiful. Get released and go enjoy that beauty!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Slownstedy said:

Sky looked like Santa Barbara tonight . Great success to you. :)

I was hoping to be released early tomorrow, but doc said it would be early evening because after the leak test they have to monitor how I tolerate liquids.

They are so sweet here. The nurse ordered a sandwich for my hubby without us even asking after he decided to spend the night and brought him a nice fluffy blanket and pillows.

I mentioned I had a slight headache, After checking my BP, which was normal, the nurse called an on duty doctor who came in asked me a few questions, and prescribed something for my headache to be added to IV. This all happened in 10-15 mins, unbelievable I was a little nervous about surgery in PVR, but all is good

3 hours ago, rene50 said:

8AECB8A2-5951-4471-BECA-078C671A26DC.jpeg

04828387-810A-4775-8D89-948F572FF691.jpeg

EF9C20C4-6694-4B5A-955C-0E7245802B90.jpeg

I have to drink something in the morning then X-ray.

Just found out I have to do 30 laps around the unit. 2 down, 28 to go before I can go home!

Just found out I have to do 30 laps around the unit. 2 down, 28 to go before I can go home!

I've been up and walking as much as I can. But I can't pass gas yet and they and they won't let me go until then ugh

Good luck at home !

I did, they gave me one when I got to the hospital and sent me home with a few more. I get bad motion sickness, so I guess when this patch wears off I’ll see what happens. Thank you very much.
Yes I can barely see my phone too! Or read or work. Kinda sucks. But it's from the scopalamine patch.. it dilates your pupils like they do at the eye doctor and makes things blurry. I can see the tv fine and if I take my glasses off I can read up close. But I'm so bored ! Haha

Where is Krimsonbutterflies? The original poster? Just wondering if your still scheduled how everything is going???

29 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Yes I can barely see my phone too! Or read or work. Kinda sucks. But it's from the scopalamine patch.. it dilates your pupils like they do at the eye doctor and makes things blurry. I can see the tv fine and if I take my glasses off I can read up close. But I'm so bored ! Haha

29 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I’m walking laps too, feeling good. I’m waiting for the next leak test. From what I’m gathering I won’t be released until my doctor’s pm rounds and that was about 7 last night. Not complaining, so thankful all is well and all is well with my surgery twins !❤️💜🧡

On 01/27/2020 at 21:14, rene50 said:

I was hoping to be released early tomorrow, but doc said it would be early evening because after the leak test they have to monitor how I tolerate liquids.

They are so sweet here. The nurse ordered a sandwich for my hubby without us even asking after he decided to spend the night and brought him a nice fluffy blanket and pillows.

I mentioned I had a slight headache, After checking my BP, which was normal, the nurse called an on duty doctor who came in asked me a few questions, and prescribed something for my headache to be added to IV. This all happened in 10-15 mins, unbelievable I was a little nervous about surgery in PVR, but all is good

Omg that is so great!!! Yea a lot of facilities try to go above and beyond and it’s so nice to know the brides and doctors love there jobs and truly care.

On 01/28/2020 at 06:07, shampton03 said:

I had vsg 1/7/20. Started @284 today 1/28/20 I am at 255.

Omg!!!! Heck yea girl I started at 289 after holidays lol (my original was 275 yikes holidays) and now I am at 264. I had VSG Jan 14!!! Yayyy

Omg!!! I clicked don original poster name to see if she has posted and she posted I think the 23 of my memory is right and her son was murdered!!!! She is postponing her surgery. Omg I’m so sad for her!! I felt like some thing was wrong and for some reason she was on my mind a lot!!! Prayer for her

10 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Where is Krimsonbutterflies? The original poster? Just wondering if your still scheduled how everything is going???

Look for her post. She had a tragic death in her family...her son. 😪