Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

OMG...I'm sitting here blubbering just from reading the posts from @KarenLR75 and @MIZ60...your moms have awesome daughters ❤️.

I need to go call my mom.

29 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question: Anyone/thing pushes your buttons too easily?

Lately? Almost EVERYTHING.

Normally? Open cupboard doors, and those who leave them that way. I mean, REALLY. It takes all of a micro-second to close it.

Day 5: What item in my home and I most grateful for?

Well, since the law treats animals as property, I will say my cats. EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FURRY PEOPLES.
Material item.... superficially, my TV because I am lazy and it keeps me entertained. On a deeper level, I cherish having my baby blanket stored in my closet. I also have ashes from my first kitty in a locket, and imprinted paw prints from a pet rat I loved.

Day 5 - Frustrated with myself for yesterday as I INTENTIONALLY ate some of Amy's Olive & mushroom pizza. Waged mental war in my head as I was cooking it. I had just bought it from the store to try & THEN I joined this challenge BEFORE I cooked it yet I STILL cooked it! I wanted to buy one with a cauliflower crust but it was so EXPENSIVE. To be fair to myself when I bought the pizza, I had not joined this challenge but am a big believer in not eating things w/processed flour, etc. It ended up sitting in my pouch feeling like I had just eaten raw bread dough so I'm GRATEFUL I derived no pleasant feelings from the pizza and for today (am One Day at a Time girl - beliefs earned from decades spent in NA and AA meetings) I have no plans to repeat this.

I also bought Atkins Peanut Butter cups & pecan caramel thingies. I have now moved boxes in pantry (husband doing low carb so makes no sense to throw them out) because I KNOW me and while I'm 90-95% very compliant with 'program' from dr (I'm more strict on what I eat than he is)...these are items that I call 'trigger foods' which means I should not have them anywhere in house. I will ask husband to relocate them again.

BUT, instead of staying down on myself about multiple purchase decisions I regret and the food I intentionally ate despite what I knew to be 'right for me', I am so GRATEFUL for this challenge as it helped me straighten out priorities once again and realize that the above things, for me...need to go for now. (NOTE: Husband ate rest of pizza so no lingering temptation there..plus literally..ugh...imagine feeling like you ate 2 lbs of raw bread dough..BLECH!

Day 5: Things I am most grateful for in my house - from a living perspective - my fur babies. They've helped keep me sane & feeling loved as I've lost the 3 most important ppl (best friend of 20 yrs, my Dad, my Mom) in my life within past 6 yrs (ok, outside of my kids!). When I feel the ache of not having a best friend or parents anymore..they seem to know. My eldest kitty comes to me whenever she hears me cry. My fur babies are such a blessing!!

Material possessions: It's a tie between my Keurig and my Roomba..LOL

B-Side Question: Anyone/thing pushes your buttons too easily?

1) Yes, at work..we have ppl in exec mgmt making decisions about a system that is truly wonderful & used by many but they want to get rid of it to save money. It will mean an incredible ton of work on top of our crazy schedules...to move to something else just to satisfy someone who doesn't work with the system & doesn't understand the value but we will be given NO CHOICE.

2) At home - my husband..have been VERY irritated with him..more than usual. I think sometimes am jealous as he does semi low-carb but then drinks beer 3-4 x's a wk & does not gain. Also..ashamed to say I'm jealous his Mom is still alive and AM angry that he doesn't make time to see her each wk. I love my MIL and would not want her to 'not be alive'..I would grieve her loss too...but I am judging him based on what I would do & that is TREASURE EVERY MOMENT. Is it fair of me to measure him against what I would do? I don't know...:(

Edited by KarenLR75

Day 5: Had a great time watching my Cowboys win last night and did pretty good at the party except for a few homemade potato chips (I know) and trying some Deep Eddy orange vodka which is made right up the road from us in Austin. Had my therapy appt. this morning and getting ready for our walk.

What item in my home and I most grateful for?

Of course it would have to be our sweet miniature schnauzer Bella who just turned 10 on Friday. She is such a good girl and I love her very much. In terms of material possessions there are many I am grateful for but I am most grateful for all my favorite framed pictures I have in every room. Always makes me happy to look back on family, friends, vacations, etc. when I look at them. Conservatively, there are at least 40 of them.

B-Side Question: Anyone/thing pushes your buttons too easily

I have zero patience and get very irritated with bad/distracted driving and it is only getting worse. Such stupidity and lack of responsibility. We have lost several friends from our motorcycle community to stupid driving and it really pushes my buttons when we are on the bike and I see some idiot unable to maintain lane position or use signals because they are talking/texting. Grrrrr.... Plus since central Texas is such a hotspot for people to want to move here the traffic seems to get worse weekly. I know I need to chill out a bit about this....

My husband also gets on my last nerve sometimes due to general laziness and lack of motivation to do anything other than TV and YouTube. Yes, I know he is 67 and retired but dammit he needs to get off his a$$ and do something more productive. Our 35 year anniversary is next month assuming we make it until then😂🤣😂

Day 5: The challenge has been going good. Its super easy to avoid pastries and candy at work since I don't care for sweets but there was something I did do, which was take a sip of coke. It was a small sip, extremely small, not a big deal, but I'm still disappointed I gave in. I'm not even a soda drinker, barely drank soda before surgery but I something in me just wanted to try it again lol.

The item I'm most grateful for in my house is my bed and my alpaca wall decoration.

Bed: Who doesn't like to sleep? ?? I'm getting tired at this very moment just thinking about taking a nap 😏

Alpaca wall decoration: It looks something like the picture below. Its hugeee and made out of real alpaca fur! Its the softest thing Ive ever felt. PETA don't come for me, the alpacas are not harmed or killed to make this. They're actually very sacred to Peruvians, especially to the people who live in the Andes. I got it the first time I went to Peru and its a daily reminder of my time spent there and my family. It just gives me peace every time I look at it.

s-l300.jpg.aa7b28396a910b3a6b66ab4b4318d142.jpg

Day 5 gratitude: I'm grateful for my refrigerator, which allows me to keep all manner of healthy products around without spoiling (usually, as long as I eat it in time! 😉)

Day 5 and I'm still going strong in the challenge. I did have a bag of chips today because of a bit of confusing planning today, but I did limit it to a single serving bag and paired it with a Protein (beef Jerky, yum!) so I feel like I'm still doing fine. It was much better than the alternative of raiding the goody table! 😄

Hope you all are doing well - I'm really enjoying reading the responses here!

Day 5:

So far so good. Though, I seriously suck at drinking water! It isn't a taste thing.

Water is the only thing I do drink, with the exception of a morning cup of herbal tea, but I am just NEVER thirsty. Like, never, ever ever. Even when I should, by all rights, be really, really thirsty. I can actually forget to drink any liquid all day long at all (and have) if I am not really being mindful. I have to approach drinking like I treat taking Vitamins almost. So weird... Not like I am eating Soups or anything with liquids either- (maybe the yogurt 1x per day counts Fluid wise some though?) Otherwise, it is lean protein/veg.

Perhaps I am part camel. 🐪 😉

I do force myself to drink, because, well, death. 💀 lol! I have gone back to a timer like early on, just to space it out better and get it in more as a part of my challenge here. I don't want to grow that back hump, even a little.

Item in my home I am most grateful for:

Like most people, my dog is the best! He is funny, loyal, and a huge part of our family. The house would not be the same without his sweet, sweet little face. 💙

Forgot my B side response! (Must be the dehydration. 😜)

Person/ thing that pushes my buttons too easily...

Politics.

Living in a rural area, I sure don't fit the norm here, at all...

Well I failed the no ice cream proviso. There is an ice cream stand on the way home from work, I swear before God and everybody taking the challenge that I will take a different route home from now on. Luckily the ice cream stand closes soon for the winter.

The question for today is what are you most grateful for in nature.

I am grateful for the beautiful soft light that falls in fall and winter afternoons here in the Pennsylvania. It seems to have a different quality than spring and winter

In nature, I am most grateful for water! Besides the whole necessary to sustain life part, I love oceans, waterfalls, ponds, thunderstorms, misty drizzle, you name it!

Day 5.
I almost made it through the day without cheating. By 7pm I was celebrating being home free [emoji126][emoji126] .....until my husband came back home from CVS with Lindt white chocolate with coconut 🤨🤨🤨.
I broke off 3 squares and stuffed my mouth before I gave myself the opportunity to think[emoji57].
Other than that lapse in judgment, it was a "perfect" (very tongue in cheek [emoji6]) day of sticking to plan with Water and macros!

I'm sincerely trying to be introspective about how this challenge is highlighting a part of my personality that probably lays dormant somewhere [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]. I have basically stuck to plan for the most part since my surgery. I would go off plan like 2x a month but it was planned and deliberate. Since signing up for the challenge, I've not quite made it through a day![emoji28]
It's a reckoning I'm very happy to pin down because I will be working on it head wise but it's just very interesting..

Item in my home I'm grateful for: uhmm [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] . I'll have to say my bed! At the end of the day when I get in bed, it's purely for sleep and my bed feels like a sanctuary.

Who/what irritates me the most? Impolite kids!! Honestly, entitled kids IRK me to no end!!!! I work with kids so when I come across rude, disrespectful and ill-mannered kids.... gets me ALL the time, consider buttons pushed!![emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app