Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

double post

Edited by ms.sss

double post

Edited by ms.sss

** P.S. sorry for all those empty posts up there...no idea how that happened...?? **

Yesterday Tuesday, Feb 11
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 116.0 lbs
----------------------------------------

8+. Hours. Uninterrupted. sleep. *drops mic*
Oh, what a difference sleep makes. I honestly feel better this morning than I have been in about 2 weeks.
I think the fact that I only had 1 coffee/caffeine product for the entire day helped. But also maybe the fact that I was pretty tipsy when we got home from dinner was also a factor. Not ideal, given my self-diagnosed increasing fondness of alcohol, but I'll take it...this time.

And, as if the universe were giving me a symbolic high five, its a clear-skied, sun-shiny day today with a balmy temp of 1°C ☀️

(Yeah, yeah, I know 1°C is c-c-c-c-old for many of you, but its a FEBRUARY morning in Toronto, people. This is WARM! Almost t-shirt weather, lol)

9:00am - coffee w/ stevia

6:00pm to 9:30pm -

• 2 tbsp foie gras
  • 6 oysters + 1 tbsp seafood sauce + 1 tbsp horseradish
  • 1 tbsp beef tartare + 1 toast cracker
  • 1.5 oz smoked black cod + 1/4 cup sauteed spinach (w/ capers and smoked bacon)
  • 3 glasses red wine
  • 2oz calvados (apple brandy)

---------------------------------------

Totals: 872 cals - 31g Protein 34g NET carbs - 36g fat

Edited by ms.sss

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Yeah, really, in the grand scheme of things, my weight didn't really move up so very much, given the surgery and all. I mean, only about 2-3 lbs on average.

BUT I have changed how I eat/ate since PS (I eat waaay more sugar, and much more late night eating) AND my activity level went waaaay down (and remains this way). So I guess I should be happy I didn't gain much, much more. But still.

Truly, what is bothering me is the way my pants fit and how my stomach looks from the side. I had a nice flat stomach before! And now not so much. And while at least now I can wear my pre-op pants again, I can feel the snugness above my pelvis and in the thighs *cue pity party music*.

I'm just grumpy and feeling impotent so I feel like I need to do something and take control, you know? (However irrational I may seem to myself)

At the same time, to @Apple1 & @FluffyChix point, i agree its a good thing to be vigilant/aware to stay on top of things. I'm just having difficulty employing both vigilance and patience with my recovery at the same time.

As you know, I get the frustration over belly swelling. I'll totally attend your pity party.

But, we both know it is swelling, not fat causing the snugness. So losing weight doesn't seem like the solution to me. You even had Lipo, so what fat cells are even left in those areas to shrink?

I think the fact you are eating more sugar and exercising less, but still have had no real gain, speaks to the resiliency of your metabolism. I would REJOICE in the fact that at least for now, you can have some diet flexibility and still keep the weight off.

I get feeling blah, and wanting to take some control. But wonder why your diet is the area you're choosing to focus?

19 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Yes I think it will be a challenge for me and I’m sure for others. But I agree with y’all....you can’t become complacent and must stay on top of fluctuations.
It’s def a mind game in my head. Fear of gain.

23 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I believe this is part of what skinny people do naturally. They see they are up a couple, and they immediately cut back to correct it. Right?

23 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I don’t think so. I am definitely planning to be more vigilant moving forward. I think being aware and therefore able to act is much better.

I think there is a distinction between fluctuations and true gains. IMO, if the scales goes up and stays there more than a few days (without extenuating circumstances like swelling), then that's reason to cut back, exercise more and get back to your weight comfort zone. But reacting to every scale fluctuation and constantly going back into the WLM would be maddening for me. It reminds me of Don Quixote fighting windmills.

I have been maintaining for pretty much a year now. That doesn't mean my weight has been steady, or that I haven't gone over my red line of 130 lbs. But without any deliberate diet changes, I have never stayed outside of my comfort zone for more than a few days.

I don't know if at some point this will change, and I don't recover from a bounce without diet intervention. But I'm willing to test the boundaries of my metabolism.

IMG_9484.jpg.376cac49c9f2bfc07de4f17feafa7c0b.jpg

55 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

As you know, I get the frustration over belly swelling. I'll totally attend your pity party.

But, we both know it is swelling, not fat causing the snugness. So losing weight doesn't seem like the solution to me. You even had Lipo, so what fat cells are even left in those areas to shrink?

I think the fact you are eating more sugar and exercising less, but still have had no real gain, speaks to the resiliency of your metabolism. I would REJOICE in the fact that at least for now, you can have some diet flexibility and still keep the weight off.

I get feeling blah, and wanting to take some control. But wonder why your diet is the area you're choosing to focus?

Leave it to a Silly Kitty for a much needed slap upside the head.

(With an honourable mention to a good nights sleep AND a nice sunny day to put me in a better position/mood to receive said slap upside the head)

You are right about the swelling. Deep down inside I knew this already. It's amazing that I didn't even think about the Lipo until you brought it up in your post. Too busy being sucky, I suppose. 🙄

If I were to Pych-101 myself, my answer to this question would be this:

I know that I am really good about being militant about my diet when I decide to be. Getting in exercise, having patience, and self-care, etc., not so much. So I do what I know I can do and excel at, and this gives me a sense of accomplishment and control.

Probably not the best response to stress, and as I type this, it actually sounds a little like anorexic-type behaviors and thought processes, doesn't it???? Whoa. That was a little thought-provoking.

...I need to go think now.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Leave it to a Silly Kitty for a much needed slap upside the head.

(With an honourable mention to a good nights sleep AND a nice sunny day to put me in a better position/mood to receive said slap upside the head)

You are right about the swelling. Deep down inside I knew this already. It's amazing that I didn't even think about the Lipo until you brought it up in your post. Too busy being sucky, I suppose. 🙄

If I were to Pych-101 myself, my answer to this question would be this:

I know that I am really good about being militant about my diet when I decide to be. Getting in exercise, having patience, and self-care, etc., not so much. So I do what I know I can do and excel at, and this gives me a sense of accomplishment and control.

Probably not the best response to stress, and as I type this, it actually sounds a little like anorexic-type behaviors and thought processes, doesn't it???? Whoa. That was a little thought-provoking.

...I need to go think now.

Glad I sat on this response for a day until the sun is shining and you're well rested :)

Your psych 101-ing is pretty similar to my thoughts when I read your post. You're spinning right now and looking for something you can control. Since you know you can be hyper disciplined with food, that's easier than figuring out what is really driving your sense of being out of control.

I think everyone gets into the same places as you are right now. But being able to step back and acknowledge that it might not be healthy, and being willing to make changes if needed is the important difference.

Edited by sillykitty

23 hours ago, AngieBear said:

I think our trick is going to be finding the balance between complacency and hyper vigilance.

This is what some people would call "moderation" or "balance". Unfortunately I've seen more than one time that quite a few people on here show negative reactions towards these words.

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

Your psych 101-ing is pretty similar to my thoughts when I read your post. You're spinning right now and looking for something you can control. Since you know you can be hyper disciplined with food, that's easier than figuring out what is really driving your sense of being out of control.

Let's face it. We're a crowd of eating disordered subjects and WLS caused that eating disorder to change gear in many cases.

I'm not really sure why so many WLS patients deny having an eating disorder. Can one really get to a morbidly obese BMI without having seriously disordered eating?

2 minutes ago, summerset said:

I'm not really sure why so many WLS patients deny having an eating disorder. Can one really get to a morbidly obese BMI without having seriously disordered eating?

Yep. Precisely.

23 hours ago, ms.sss said:

** P.S. sorry for all those empty posts up there...no idea how that happened...?? **

Yesterday Tuesday, Feb 11

8+. Hours. Uninterrupted. sleep. *drops mic*
Oh, what a difference sleep makes. I honestly feel better this morning than I have been in about 2 weeks.
I think the fact that I only had 1 coffee/caffeine product for the entire day helped. But also maybe the fact that I was pretty tipsy when we got home from dinner was also a factor. Not ideal, given my self-diagnosed increasing fondness of alcohol, but I'll take it...this time.

And, as if the universe were giving me a symbolic high five, its a clear-skied, sun-shiny day today with a balmy temp of 1°C ☀️

(Yeah, yeah, I know 1°C is c-c-c-c-old for many of you, but its a FEBRUARY morning in Toronto, people. This is WARM! Almost t-shirt weather, lol)

9:00am - coffee w/ stevia

6:00pm to 9:30pm -

• 2 tbsp foie gras
  • 6 oysters + 1 tbsp seafood sauce + 1 tbsp horseradish
  • 1 tbsp beef tartare + 1 toast cracker
  • 1.5 oz smoked black cod + 1/4 cup sauteed spinach (w/ capers and smoked bacon)
  • 3 glasses red wine
  • 2oz calvados (apple brandy)

Totals: 872 cals - 31g Protein 34g NET carbs - 36g fat

If you just hit "report" post and then when they ask why, say "duplicate", the admins will delete the dup posts.

Yesterday Wednesday, Feb 12
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 116.8 lbs

I heart SLEEP...

10:00am - coffee w/ stevia

3:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + red onions + tomatoes + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1oz feta cheese + 1 slice prosciutto + 1.5 oz pork loin tossed in 1/2 tbsp cream cheese + 3 oz pan fried brussel sprouts in bacon fat

6:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + 2 oz seafood salad (2 oz imitation crab + celery + 1/4 tbsp mayonnaise)

9:00pm - 3/4 cup greek yogurt + 1fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz blueberries + 3 squares dark chocolate

Totals: 982 cals - 60g Protein 37g NET carbs - 56g fat

Yesterday Thursday, Feb 13

The Kid commented that I eat Soup "funny": I have my fill of broth, THEN I eat the "good stuff". Though I don't just do this because I don't want to "drink" and eat at same time, but also because it takes me a while to eat the solids, and then the soup will get cold!

8:30am - black coffee w/ stevia

2:30pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + yellow bell peppers + 3oz pan fried brussel sprouts in bacon fat + 1 slice proscicutto + 1 slice roast beef deli meat + 1 oz feta cheese + 4 fl oz pineapple salsa + 1 tsp crunchy garlic chili oil ** ate almost 2/3 of this **

4:30pm - Starbucks Grande Blonde Americano Misto w/ 1 pump sugar-free vanilla Syrup + 1/2 cup greek yogurt + 1 oz blueberries

6:00pm -

• ** the rest of the 2:30pm meal **
  • Seafood Shiratake Soup (1/3 package of shiratake noodles + 2 shitake mushrooms + 3 shrimp balls + 1 oz imitation crab meat + 1/3 cup Chinese broccoli + 1.5 cup bonito broth + green onions) ** ate more than 3/4 of the soup **

8:30pm - ** the rest of the 6:00pm soup ** + 1 scoop Isopure Dutch chocolate Protein Powder + 1 tbsp Decaf instant coffee + 2 cups unsweetened cashew milk

Totals: 908 cals - 81g Protein 50g NET carbs - 33g fat

Edited by ms.sss

Not been feeling well past 2 days default_sad.png&key=eede538cefacefd5b09bc3209f264a659ab0a07f9d0c9c28b43ddf136bc5059a here is a summary of what I ate past few days. I'm am honestly surprised from yesterday's totals, I ate close to nothing. My calories are mostly from whole milk and cheese.< a href="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2020_02/20200214_085827.jpeg.05408c6ea6a01f642503bc46c9d8dba3.jpeg" data-fileid="99575" rel="">20200214_085827.thumb.jpeg.294095bfc2049c737c3539e91097a466.jpeg 20200214_085840.thumb.jpeg.b5e0bee353196186eb32215f4e0faa55.jpeg 20200214_085858.thumb.jpeg.872c7ecc2059be3e7156b715a13612cf.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Just remembered I puked 2 times yesterday so maybe some of the calories dont count ; )

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

The Kid commented that I eat Soup "funny": I have my fill of broth, THEN I eat the "good stuff". Though I don't just do this because I don't want to "drink" and eat at same time, but also because it takes me a while to eat the solids, and then the Soup will get cold!

I love your kid! LOL. (On another note, this is the way I eat soup too. :D )