Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

116.6 lbs

Congrats on everything, not least of which is your weight falling in your happy window!!! You're down what? 3-4lbs?!!! That's fabulous!! WTG!!

20 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Congrats on everything, not least of which is your weight falling in your happy window!!! You're down what? 3-4lbs?!!! That's fabulous!! WTG!!

Lol, more like 2 lbs (from almost 119 a week and a bit ago). Though my weight fluctuates normally anyway...I'm really looking to get my 14 day moving average down. As of today its around 117-118 (and prior to this it was around 115).

Sometimes I feel like I'm being a little over the top for just a 2-3 lbs change in my moving average.

20 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm being a little over the top for just a 2-3 lbs change in my moving average.

I don’t think so. I am definitely planning to be more vigilant moving forward. I think being aware and therefore able to act is much better.

15 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

So this is just my opinion and I realize I'm an outlier...but see? I think if we DO allow this to bother us, that's a good thing. It keeps us from becoming complacent. And a "MOVING" average is important cuz it really identifies a bigger picture than just an isolated up and down daily zig zag. So it has more weight to it. And I think you are right to want to correct the course now to get your 14 day average down again.

I believe this is part of what skinny people do naturally. They see they are up a couple, and they immediately cut back to correct it. Right?

Oh and here's a couple pics for ya. :D

Big Ass Asian Slaw:

IMG_6734.thumb.JPG.53f12495ac380dd7430f8077392d66c8.JPG IMG_6742.thumb.JPG.9b1922527b61cc77b6414ea4d71537ee.JPG IMG_6752.thumb.JPG.1f2d65bbc30302d93bd0726e9f3d8732.JPG

Orange Bitters Blueberry Almond Yogurt with vanilla liquid Stevia

IMG_6711.thumb.JPG.87de4017a8cd4059babfbf62ecd05912.JPG

Orange Bitters Mocha Procaccino with Cinnamon and Cayenne

IMG_6720.thumb.JPG.3f85569e622be7316ba9ae4869902a40.JPG IMG_6723.thumb.JPG.b95c9059321574b52a7cc79e057c9af3.JPG IMG_6727.thumb.JPG.85d6ff72090b929a498df1308bf156dc.JPG

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Considering you're so close post op from major surgery, and have visible swelling, I think that you may be a little over the top.

My weight spiked for a little bit. I wasn't visibly anymore swollen then I was pre-spike. I was a little concerned and considered, you know, watching what I eat 😨. But then the scale started coming down again with no change whatsoever to calories, macros, exercise etc..

IMG_9481.jpg.67a9e521473c6e5235964945a3eae0b3.jpg

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

So this is just my opinion and I realize I'm an outlier...but see? I think if we DO allow this to bother us, that's a good thing. It keeps us from becoming complacent. And a "MOVING" average is important cuz it really identifies a bigger picture than just an isolated up and down daily zig zag. So it has more weight to it. And I think you are right to want to correct the course now to get your 14 day average down again.

I believe this is part of what skinny people do naturally. They see they are up a couple, and they immediately cut back to correct it. Right?

Oh and here's a couple pics for ya. :D

Big Ass Asian Slaw:

IMG_6734.thumb.JPG.53f12495ac380dd7430f8077392d66c8.JPG IMG_6742.thumb.JPG.9b1922527b61cc77b6414ea4d71537ee.JPG IMG_6752.thumb.JPG.1f2d65bbc30302d93bd0726e9f3d8732.JPG

Orange Bitters Blueberry Almond Yogurt with vanilla liquid Stevia

IMG_6711.thumb.JPG.87de4017a8cd4059babfbf62ecd05912.JPG

Orange Bitters Mocha Procaccino with Cinnamon and Cayenne

IMG_6720.thumb.JPG.3f85569e622be7316ba9ae4869902a40.JPG IMG_6723.thumb.JPG.b95c9059321574b52a7cc79e057c9af3.JPG IMG_6727.thumb.JPG.85d6ff72090b929a498df1308bf156dc.JPG

Dang, that salad looks AMAZING.

I haven't started taking a 14 day average look at my weight. It's a good idea. I was up less than a pound today, and though I know it wasn't "real" weight, it's messing with my head.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

13 minutes ago, AngieBear said:

Dang, that salad looks AMAZING.

I haven't started taking a 14 day average look at my weight. It's a good idea. I was up less than a pound today, and though I know it wasn't "real" weight, it's messing with my head.

I hear ya on messing with your head!!! I love @ms.sss 14 day average! It definitely takes more pressure off of the up-ticks. But I also think that moving average has more "weight" to it. Right? Better accuracy to see the overall trend line. Cuz during WLM and into MM, that's what I always have looked for. I wanted to either see a downward trend line in WLM or a flat trend line in MM-despite the stairstep jaggies. :)

And the salad was amazeballs! It's power slaw from HEB, but think there are name brands doing it: shaved brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, baby kale, arugula, broccoli slaw, and so much more. I'm gonna have it again today since it was so good and open a pack of tuna with it. And don't laugh, but I love the Sesame Ginger Walden Farms and add a drop of sesame oil and a hit of rice wine vinegar for more kick, and extra garlic powder and ginger powder. For practically zero cals. :)

Monday feb 10
29 months PO/5'2"/ CW 169.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: coffee + almond milk

Lunch: big salad+ 2 oz tuna + mayo

Snack: salad + almonds / coffee + almond milk

Dinner: lavish roll + 4 oz beef pastrami

Snack: 4 oz greek yogurt + SF jello
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Totals- 918 cals/64g protien/ 47g net carbs/ 51g fat

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

Considering you're so close post op from major surgery, and have visible swelling, I think that you may be a little over the top.

My weight spiked for a little bit. I wasn't visibly anymore swollen then I was pre-spike. I was a little concerned and considered, you know, watching what I eat 😨. But then the scale started coming down again with no change whatsoever to calories, macros, exercise etc..

IMG_9481.jpg.67a9e521473c6e5235964945a3eae0b3.jpg

Yeah, really, in the grand scheme of things, my weight didn't really move up so very much, given the surgery and all. I mean, only about 2-3 lbs on average.

BUT I have changed how I eat/ate since PS (I eat waaay more sugar, and much more late night eating) AND my activity level went waaaay down (and remains this way). So I guess I should be happy I didn't gain much, much more. But still.

Truly, what is bothering me is the way my pants fit and how my stomach looks from the side. I had a nice flat stomach before! And now not so much. And while at least now I can wear my pre-op pants again, I can feel the snugness above my pelvis and in the thighs *cue pity party music*.

I'm just grumpy and feeling impotent so I feel like I need to do something and take control, you know? (However irrational I may seem to myself)

At the same time, to @Apple1 & @FluffyChix point, i agree its a good thing to be vigilant/aware to stay on top of things. I'm just having difficulty employing both vigilance and patience with my recovery at the same time.

I have been seriously digging the chia seed pudding thing. I am loving eating Snacks again!

64E5230D-F3F0-44E8-8AA2-56B668EC8D5B.thumb.jpeg.6499a4455f8eef79c557397d0da348c4.jpeg

55 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Yeah, really, in the grand scheme of things, my weight didn't really move up so very much, given the surgery and all. I mean, only about 2-3 lbs on average.

BUT I have changed how I eat/ate since PS (I eat waaay more sugar, and much more late night eating) AND my activity level went waaaay down (and remains this way). So I guess I should be happy I didn't gain much, much more. But still.

Truly, what is bothering me is the way my pants fit and how my stomach looks from the side. I had a nice flat stomach before! And now not so much. And while at least now I can wear my pre-op pants again, I can feel the snugness above my pelvis and in the thighs *cue pity party music*.

I'm just grumpy and feeling impotent so I feel like I need to do something and take control, you know? (However irrational I may seem to myself)

At the same time, to @Apple1 & @FluffyChix point, i agree its a good thing to be vigilant/aware to stay on top of things. I'm just having difficulty employing both vigilance and patience with my recovery at the same time.

This may be one of the things that we end up struggling with forever. Most of us have lost and regained weight many many times through the years. We are used to regaining the second we become complacent.

The idea of regaining makes me VERY nervous, as I'm sure it does everyone. Because it does happen to some people. And it's happened to us in the past. I think our trick is going to be finding the balance between complacency and hyper vigilance. I don't have a clue about what that will look like for me. I feel like my real challenge, maintenance, has just started.

Yes I think it will be a challenge for me and I’m sure for others. But I agree with y’all....you can’t become complacent and must stay on top of fluctuations.
It’s def a mind game in my head. Fear of gain.

I agree with what everyone has said on this subject of slight weight gain. It messes with our mental health at times, and finding the correct balance is not easy. I think it is aLao a moving target depending on our current health, ability to exercise, ect... .

double post

Edited by ms.sss