Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Thursday Feb 6
29 months PO/5'2" / CW 173
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: coffee + almond milk/ protien bar

Lunch: salad + tuna + spicy mayo

Snack: broccoli puree

Dinner: homemade healthy cheesecake
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Totals- 702 cals/ 58g protien/ 35g net carbs/ 31g fat

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thursday 2/6

33 months PO/ CW 163

7 am- coffee/ cream

9 am- coffee/cream

12 pm- 4 turkey sticks/ 5 squares of pepper jack cheese

3 pm- activia light vanilla yogurt/ handful of walnuts

4:45 pm- 2 cheese sticks

7 pm- 3 oz grilled pollock fillet with lemon pepper seasoning, yellow squash with onions and butter

9 pm- Power Crunch Protein Bar

Calories 1143 Net Carbs- 37g Fiber- 9.1g Protein- 68g Fat- 69g GL- 3.0

Friday 2/7

33 months PO/ CW 163

I am frustrated with my body this week and I need to vent. I lost 5 lbs from 1/12 - 2/3. I rounded the number, and it is just shy of 1 month since I started tracking. I was happy with that progress. I stepped on the scale this morning and I gained half of that loss back in the past 4 days. In the last week I have burned more calories than the previous 3 months, with 2 running days and 2 elliptical workouts, and my usual walking. Intellectually, I know it is probably inflammation from the increased exercise, but it is still discouraging as I see myself losing at a snails pace. I put myself in this position with complacency, so I am to blame. Some may say I am over-reacting to a 15 lb gain, but the honeymoon period ended quickly for me and this could just as easily become 20 lbs. I feel like my metabolism has reverted back to super slow and I am going to have to accept this as my new normal and figure out how to work with it. I am going to try eating less cheese this week and more salad greens for lunch.< /em>

Calories- 1175 Net Carbs- 28 Fiber- 8.7g Protein- 80.5g Fat- 69.7g GL- 3.1

7 day averages 2/1 thru 2/7

avg. daily

Total Calories- 1048

Calories burned- 349

Net Calories- 705

Net Carbs- 29.7

@Apple1-really messes w your mind huh?! Work our hard and see the scale go up is disheartening. I’ve been back to the gym now for 3 weeks and the scale hasn’t went down. My hub says it’s bc I’m building muscle. Maybe so. When I had my sleeve I lost a lot of muscle. So maybe I’m slowly building it back. Wish looking back that I had lost slower w keeping my muscle up as oppose to losing really fast and losing a lot of muscle.
Anyways working at building it back but it sure is depressing to work hard at the gym and not see the reflection on the scale (I weigh every day). Helps me be accountable and catch fluctuations like I have now. Still in my window but at the top of window.

Fri February 7
29 months PO/ 5'2" / CW 173
I'm really trying to stay positive and hopefully the scale will move down soon. 1 thing that really messes with my mind is never being out of obese category since surgery. My starting weight wasn't even that high.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: homemade cheesecake/ coffee + almond milk

Lunch: tuna + mayo / broccoli puree

Dinner: 1.5 oz salmon + salsa / 3 oz beef + mayo

Snack: peanut butter/ healthy habits popsicle
Totals- 942 cals / 76g protien/ 23g net carbs/ 6g sugar / 57g fat

@apple1 we are both about the same point PO and weigh 10lbs apart so I'm curious what was your starting weight? How tall are you? Which surgery?

13 hours ago, Kris77 said:

@Apple1-really messes w your mind huh?! Work our hard and see the scale go up is disheartening. I’ve been back to the gym now for 3 weeks and the scale hasn’t went down. My hub says it’s bc I’m building muscle. Maybe so. When I had my sleeve I lost a lot of muscle. So maybe I’m slowly building it back. Wish looking back that I had lost slower w keeping my muscle up as oppose to losing really fast and losing a lot of muscle.
Anyways working at building it back but it sure is depressing to work hard at the gym and not see the reflection on the scale (I weigh every day). Helps me be accountable and catch fluctuations like I have now. Still in my window but at the top of window.

It is definitely frustrating, but I am determined to get back to 150-155 and maintain there. I sure hope you are able to reach your goal as well. We just have to stick with it and try to be patient.

3 hours ago, chayarg said:

@apple1 we are both about the same point PO and weigh 10lbs apart so I'm curious what was your starting weight? How tall are you? Which surgery?

I had the gastric sleeve. My high weight was 255, but I got down to 230 before my pre-op and was 208 the day of surgery . I am just a hair under 5' 9". I made goal about 7-8 months post-op at 150. I was able to maintain 150-160 until about 6 months ago when I started gaining and got to 165. I injured my knee and went from running 12-15 miles weekly to 0. I was just recently cleared to start running again, but it will be a while before I get up to those numbers again. I am taking it really slow as I am afraid to injure my knee again.

You had quite a bit more to lose and I think you are doing well. If you started at 275 you have lost over 100 lbs!!

Saturday feb 8
29 months PO/ 5'2" / CW 172.8
Breakfast: coffee + almond milk/ 2 oz salmon + mayo

Lunch: lavish roll + 2 oz pastrami + salsa

Snack: peanut chews/ vanilla pound cake (took a nap after this and when I woke up I was like WTH did I do!!! )

Dinner: broccoli puree + cheese

Snack: coffee + milk
Totals- 862 cals/ 56g protien/ 49g net carbs ( phew even with some cake)/ 46g fat

On 02/08/2020 at 21:43, Apple1 said:

It is definitely frustrating, but I am determined to get back to 150-155 and maintain there. I sure hope you are able to reach your goal as well. We just have to stick with it and try to be patient.

@apple1-yes I think we can too! Let’s keep on keeping on!
I’m 19 mos PO sleeve. 5’4 1/2 SW 238 CW 139. Window 130-140.
How far PO are you?

Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 116.9 lbs
----------------------------------------
Oops, missed posting Friday's food, so here is both Friday & Sat menus. I changed up my efforts a bit in terms of getting myself out of my rut. Focusing on physical & mental vs food intake. Exercise always makes me feel good, so am making sure to get some in (did two 1.5 hour walks each day), and going back to stepping outside to sit on the porch and do some deep breathing when I start to feel annoyed. I remember this did wonders for me when I went through my re-Quitting of cigarettes back in October. And yep, it still totally works. It's funny how I forget this every single time.

Also, I need to make efforts to get more sleep in. I seem to not have not recovered from my week of not sleeping watching the Australian Open. I am continue to watch TV late into the night/morning, resulting in getting maybe 3-4 hours of sleep. This has to stop.

#Move #Breathe #Sleep #andMaybeCutDownOnAllTheTeaLattes

Friday Feb 7

9:00am - 12:00pm - black coffee w/ stevia + 1 skinny tea latte + 1 pineapple tea

12:30pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + red onions + 5 oz pan-fried chicken + 2tbsp avocado cream

2:30pm - 1 skinny tea latte + 1 Atkins coconut chocolate bar + 2 oz chicharron + 2 squares dark chocolate

5:00pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + 2.5 oz pan-fried chicken + 2tbsp avocado cream + 1/4 cup vinegar coleslaw + 3/4 cup pineapple (btw the pineapple was a big mistake, I had made some pineapple tea with the rinds, so we had all this pineapple, so I figured, why not. This was the first time i've had fresh pineapple in over a year. I got really sick: first I got the racing heart and the nausea, then I barfed (like 3-4 times), then got really bad cramps, then I pooped, the cramps continued and I laid down in bed with a cold towel and passed out for 2 hours. #oopsies)

9:00pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + 1/4 cup vinegar coleslaw + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1/2 oz cheddar cheese + 1 oz BBQ pork loin + 2.5 oz pan-fried chicken + 2tbsp avocado cream

12:00am to 4:00am -

• 2 skinny tea lattes
  • 1/2 cup Good North chocolate fudge brownie Protein ice cream + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds
  • 1/2 pecan butter tart
  • 4 squares dark chocolate
  • 2 oz chicharron
  • At around 3am, I had a bout of foamies/slimies & diarrhea & overall bad feelings, likely due to the butter tart, but could have been leftover effects from the pineapple earlier...

Totals: 2465 cals - 158g Protein 115g NET carbs - 153g fat

Saturday Feb 8

9:00am - 1 skinny tea latte + 1 square dark chocolate

12:30pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + cucumber + red onions + 1 oz bartlett pear + 2.5 oz pan-fried chicken + 3 oz roasted brussel sprouts

3:30pm - 1 skinny tea latte + 3 Sicilian marzipan pistachio Cookies

6:30pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + cucumber + red onions + 1/2 cup vinegar coleslaw + 1 asparagus spear + 3oz grilled shrimp + 1.5 oz pan-fried chicken + 2 tbsp avocado cream

10:00pm - 1.5 oz dark chocolate covered strawberries + 2 oz chicharron

Totals: 1468 cals - 89g Protein 82g NET carbs - 87g fat

Yesterday Sunday, Feb 9
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 117.5 lbs
My insomnia issues continue, as is the late night eating (due to the insomnia). Its a wonder I am not falling asleep where I stand during the day as I am getting so little sleep these days.

Am contemplating taking a sleeping aid tonite...we'll see.

9:30am - 1 skinny tea latte + 1 pineapple tea

12:30pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + cucumber red onions + 3 oz roasted brussel sprouts + 1.5 oz grilled shrimp w/ 1 tsp crunchy garlic chili oil

4:30pm - 1.5 oz chicharron + 2oz gin

7:30pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + cucumber red onions + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz roasted brussel sprouts + 1 oz grilled shrimp + 3.5 oz Korean short ribs + 1 slice prosciutto

11:00pm to 5:30am -

• 1/2 bag low-fat microwave popcorn w/ 1 tbsp butter w/ 1/2 packet white cheddar popcorn flavouring
  • 1 oz chicharron
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds
  • 1 sugar free lime ice bar
  • 1 pineapple tea
  • 1 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

Totals: 2139 cals - 140g Protein 90g NET carbs - 120g fat

Edited by ms.sss

51 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Yesterday Sunday, Feb 9
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 117.5 lbs
My insomnia issues continue, as is the late night eating (due to the insomnia). Its a wonder I am not falling asleep where I stand during the day as I am getting so little sleep these days.

Am contemplating taking a sleeping aid tonite...we'll see.

9:30am - 1 skinny tea latte + 1 pineapple tea

12:30pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + cucumber red onions + 3 oz roasted brussel sprouts + 1.5 oz grilled shrimp w/ 1 tsp crunchy garlic chili oil

4:30pm - 1.5 oz chicharron + 2oz gin

7:30pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + cucumber red onions + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz roasted brussel sprouts + 1 oz grilled shrimp + 3.5 oz Korean short ribs + 1 slice prosciutto

7:00pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 1.5 oz avocado + 5 oz steak

11:00pm to 5:30am -

Totals: 2139 cals - 140g Protein 90g NET carbs - 120g fat

Ok, girlfriend...please call your doctor (s) and RD. I'm really concerned for you. You need a plan to focus on and get you working towards. The lack of sleep causes high insulin, high cortisol, and greater food consumption of the poor choice, high reward kinds which you already recognize. But surely they have something that could help you short term, pull-up short and be able to get back into your groove. Maybe try saxenda until you can press the reboot button?

16 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

7:00pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 1.5 oz avocado + 5 oz steak

That seems like a ton of food to me. I can’t eat more then 3 oz of meat with my veggies. If I have a salad I can eat it with 2 oz of chicken or tuna.

I am truly amazed at how much you can eat in a day. You aren’t gaining any weight? I am jealous for sure.