Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

6 hours ago, ms.sss said:

(i heart you.)

I heart all you wenches! ;) :D :691_balloon:

34 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Update: it was pretty (very) good. Not something I will have often but definitely decent fried chicken.

I scratched that itch.

Parallel Update: Ended up using regular flour for the batter, so I decided not to have any. Instead, I added mayo, curry powder, celery & jalepeno to a few pan fried cubes and made myself some curry chicken salad to go on top of my greens.

Itch definitely NOT scratched.

35 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

So...you're good for how long? Now that the itch is scratched? LOL. Was it worth the swallow and MASA? (morning after scale angst) It's my rating system for how "worthy" is the choice? LOL. Can it withstand the dysphoria I will experience the next morning standing on the scale and seeing it potentially 1-4lbs higher. :D :(

I’m good almost everyday as boring as that sounds. I rarely weigh myself on a day I feel “heavy”. I stick to 1300 calories and track everything so I don’t get anxiety about food or the scale. I don’t have any off limit foods except, alcohol, popcorn and fries.

I actually should probably gain a few pounds, my 18 month check up is soon and my Dr. didn’t want me to lose more weight. I’m hovering around 121 .

Yesterday Tuesday, Jan 28
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 113.8 lbs
----------------------------------------
It's after midnight, and I'm posting yesterdays menu now. We are up to watch more tennis tonite, and I figure if I post my menu now, I won't eat any Snacks? ? #yeahRight #wishfulThinking.

Though I'm not sure I am going to last till the 3am EST Nadal match since I am still running on empty from the night before AND I just downed 2 shots of amaretto...

On another note, we successfully gave away most of my bakery booty from the other day to friends and family. And whatever we kept for ourselves is officially no more as we ATE. IT. ALL. See my contribution to its elimination below. HINT: 4pm #yikes.

3:00am - 3.5 oz sirloin steak << I stayed up all night to watch the Australian Open matches and this was my snack, LOL

10:00am - 1 skinny tea latte

1:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + jalapeno peppers + green onions + 1.5 oz meatball + ½ tsp Tomato sauce + 3.5 oz pan fried chicken

4:00pm - 1 oz raspberry cream cheese strudel + 4 mini marzipan Cookies + ½ egg tart + ½ chocolate pistachio biscotti + ½ nutella sugar cookie + 1 fl oz whipped cream + 2 black coffees

7:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + ⅓ cup curried chicken salad (pan fried chicken, mayo, jalepeno, celery, red onion) + ⅓ slice provolone + 1 fl oz blue cheese

10:00pm - ½ shrimp ceviche (shrimp, jalepeno, red onion, cilantro, lemon/lime/orange juice) + ½ cup greek yogurt + ½ fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz blueberries

12:00am - 2 shots of amaretto

Totals: 1738 cals - 122g Protein - 119g NET carbs - 90g fat

Tues jan 28
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Feeling quite bloated so I skipped the scale to avoid disappointment. Really tried to limit carbs and up fats somewhat while pushing protien. I had to work really hard to resist popcorn as the house smelled so good.
Breakfast: coffee with almond milk/ nugo slim protien bar

Lunch: 2 eggs with creamed spinach

Snack: 2 eggs

Dinner: broccoli and 4 oz beef + lavish roll

Snack: dark chocolate + peanut butter/ coffee with almond milk
Totals- 1040 cals / 92g protien / 36g net carbs / 55g fat

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yesterday Wednesday, Jan 29
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 113.8 lbs
i am sick. I am sleepy. I can't sleep. My boob hurts. It's after midnight. Here is what I ate "yesterday".

10:00am - 1 skinny tea latte + 1 black coffee w/ stevia

2:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + green bell pepper + 6 green grapes + 4.4 oz brussel sprouts + 2 sliced bacon + 3.5 oz pan fried chicken + 1 Russel Stover sugar free Truffle chocolate

4:00pm - 1.5 oz dried mango + 2 oz pan fried chicken + 1/2 tsp crunchy garlic chili oil + 1 Atkins coconut chocolate bar

9:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + green bell pepper + 5 green grapes + 1 fl oz blue cheese + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1/4 cup garlic peanuts + 4 oz pan fried chicken + 1/4 slice lemon chiffon cake + 1/2 caramel dacquoise petit fours

11:00pm - 4 seed crackers + 1 tbsp crunchy Peanut Butter + 1 skinny tea latte

Totals: 1887 cals - 92g Protein - 128g NET carbs - 91g fat

This thread is awesome. I am always amazed at the differences in number of calories and the types of foods that others eat and are able to maintain. I tried to introduce a higher carb level and eat mostly plant based about 7 months post op. After eating this way for about 3-4 months I felt my blood sugar levels were not as good so I decided to go back to what has always worked for me low carb, higher fat, and moderate Protein levels. I stay away from processed foods and sugar as much as possible. I have learned that I need to track and weigh daily if I want to stay within my bounce range. I got down to 150 about 8-9 months post-op but I am currently at 161 working my way back down. My goal for this year is to hit 150 and maintain it with a 5 pound bounce.

When you post your calories for the day do you subtract exercise? My tracker app links with my Apple watch and subtracts calories burned from my total.

Yesterdays menu:

7 am- coffee with half-half and splenda

10 am- Coffee with half-half and splenda

1 pm- Power Crunch Protein Bar

6 pm- Keto alfredo chicken bake, riced cauliflower

7 pm- Coffee with half-half and splenda

Calories: 930 , Net Carbs: 17g, Protein: 42g, Fat: 58g

I was low on protein but I wasn't hungry and couldn't get anything else in. I prefer to get at least 60g per day.

Yesterday Thursday, Jan 30
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 114.2 lbs
Don't judge me: My first meal of the day yesterday was ICE CREAM. Followed by a date with the toilet.

...and I really need to start PVR-ing these tennis matches. I can't NOT sleep anymore!!!

2:00pm - 1 black coffee w/ stevia + 1 scoop pistachio almond ice cream in a cup

5:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 4 oz roasted chicken breast + 1 tsp horseradish mustard

7:00pm - 2.5 oz dried mango + 2.5 oz crispy orange beef

10:30pm - 1 Venti Starbucks Blonde Soy Americano Misto w/ a shot of sugar-free vanilla

1:30am - salad w/ vinaigrette + 3.5 oz roasted chicken breast +2 o crispy orange beef + 1 skinny tea latte

Totals: 1259 cals - 81g Protein - 87g NET carbs - 55g fat

@Apple1, welcome to the thread!

Way to stay under 1000 cals to work you way back down to your happy place :)

Wow you basically had just 1 meal and bunch of drinks yesterday! Is this your typical weight-loss menu?

P.S. I don't subtract any exercise calories from my daily calorie counting (i figure any exercise is just bonus, lol). However when I do start doing some strength training in earnest (I only do about 15 mins a day right now) I probably might have to...?

11 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@Apple1, welcome to the thread!

Way to stay under 1000 cals to work you way back down to your happy place :)

Wow you basically had just 1 meal and bunch of drinks yesterday! Is this your typical weight-loss menu?

P.S. I don't subtract any exercise calories from my daily calorie counting (i figure any exercise is just bonus, lol). However when I do start doing some strength training in earnest (I only do about 15 mins a day right now) I probably might have to...?

Thank you for the welcome.

I usually eat more for lunch and will sometimes have a cheese stick or two as a snack on the drive home from work. I wasn’t hungry for some reason yesterday and I have learned to just listen to my body because the days I eat more will tend to balance it all out ( at least I hope ) lol. I am a big coffee drinker. I have tried to cut back some, but that doesn’t usually last long.

I eat in an 8 hour window between 12ish - 8 pm most days.

Ridiculously stressful past few days. New daycare kid at work poor kid was nonstop crying. My sister had surgery to remove colorectal carcinoma Yesterday and so I have her 2 kids age 3 and 18 months. 2 little boys are adorable but a handful. My stress levels are at max. I am trying my best to remain calm and positive and stay on track.

29 months PO sleeve / 5'2" / CW 172
Here are my summaries for what I ate past 2 daysScreenshot_20200131-130255_Baritastic.jpeg Screenshot_20200131-130646_Baritastic.jpeg

Yesterday Thursday, Jan 30
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 114.2 lbs
Don't judge me: My first meal of the day yesterday was ICE CREAM. Followed by a date with the toilet.
...and I really need to start PVR-ing these tennis matches. I can't NOT sleep anymore!!!
2:00pm - 1 black coffee w/ stevia + 1 scoop pistachio almond ice cream in a cup
5:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 4 oz roasted chicken breast + 1 tsp horseradish mustard
7:00pm - 2.5 oz dried mango + 2.5 oz crispy orange beef
10:30pm - 1 Venti Starbucks Blonde Soy Americano Misto w/ a shot of sugar-free vanilla
1:30am - salad w/ vinaigrette + 3.5 oz roasted chicken breast +2 o crispy orange beef + 1 skinny tea latte
Totals: 1259 cals - 81g Protein - 87g NET carbs - 55g fat
Pistachio ice cream MMMM my favorite [emoji39]

53 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Pistachio ice cream MMMM my favorite emoji39.png

Me Too! It's my number one ice cream (and gelato) flavour.

I'm on an ice cream binge right now...just now I had some ginger ice cream, and there is a 100 cal Good North Protein ice cream bar in the freezer I'm saving for after dinner tonite, LOL.

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, chayarg said:

Ridiculously stressful past few days. New daycare kid at work poor kid was nonstop crying. My sister had surgery to remove colorectal carcinoma Yesterday and so I have her 2 kids age 3 and 18 months. 2 little boys are adorable but a handful. My stress levels are at max. I am trying my best to remain calm and positive and stay on track.

Nothing raises my blood pressure like agitated kids. YIkes.

Wishing you good luck today!!

On 01/31/2020 at 13:51, ms.sss said:

Me Too! It's my number one ice cream (and gelato) flavour.

I'm on an ice cream binge right now...just now I had some ginger ice cream, and there is a 100 cal Good North Protein ice cream bar in the freezer I'm saving for after dinner tonite, LOL.

Pistachio used to be my fav along w Mint chocolate chip but since my sleeve I can’t eat ice cream. I tried to a couple times and was so sick after only a couple bites. So that’s a good thing for me since my sweet tooth is crazy! Also struggling in my bounce area. It’s 130-140 and I’m currently rocking the boat at 139!!😳😱