Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

44 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

Pistachio used to be my fav along w Mint chocolate chip but since my sleeve I can’t eat ice cream. I tried to a couple times and was so sick after only a couple bites. So that’s a good thing for me since my sweet tooth is crazy! Also struggling in my bounce area. It’s 130-140 and I’m currently rocking the boat at 139!!😳😱

Oh, I get sick from ice cream too...I still have it though. Its the price I am willing to pay sometimes! So long as I keep it in small amounts, I can handle a little bit of stomach gurgling and loose poop. But there are times I go a liiiiiittle too far....

P.S. I'm the same way when I inch closer to my upper limit. I start to say "HEY!" and buckle down a bit (like just last week!).

My weight is back to bouncing around. I think I am just going to weigh once per week on Monday mornings because it is so frustrating to me when I am 161 and then the next day I am 164. I know this is just how my body is. I can lose 4 pounds but sometimes it takes 7-10 days for it to hold there and stop going back up and then rinse and repeat for every loss I have.

Yesterday 1/31/20

7:30 Am- Coffee/ half-half

12 pm- Italian Sausage with onions, green pepper/ spaghetti with cabbage for noodles

1 pm- coffee/ half-half

4 pm- 2 cheese sticks

7 pm- 1/2 Chic-Fil-A spicy southwest salad with avocado ranch dressing

8 pm- Coffee/ half-half

Calories- 1112 Net Carbs- 21.5 Protein- 55g Fat- 76.5g Fiber-8.4g Glycemic Load- 2.8

7 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

My weight is back to bouncing around. I think I am just going to weigh once per week on Monday mornings because it is so frustrating to me when I am 161 and then the next day I am 164. I know this is just how my body is. I can lose 4 pounds but sometimes it takes 7-10 days for it to hold there and stop going back up and then rinse and repeat for every loss I have.

Yeah, it is annoying seeing the number go up and down, especially when we are trying to lose!

I am a daily weigher (I can't NOT know for a week, so this is what works for me, LOL). Anyway, maybe looking at your daily moving average may be easier on the nerves than your actual daily weight? Moving averages smooth out that line so it's not so spiky and annoying...

17 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Pistachio used to be my fav along w Mint chocolate chip but since my sleeve I can’t eat ice cream. I tried to a couple times and was so sick after only a couple bites. So that’s a good thing for me since my sweet tooth is crazy! Also struggling in my bounce area. It’s 130-140 and I’m currently rocking the boat at 139!!😳😱

Those were my favorite too!! I don't eat Ice cream anymore on a regular basis either. I might have a spoonful once or twice a year.

My downfall is pies and breads. I keep those out of my house because they are much too tempting. I am determined to keep my type 2 diabetes under control without meds so I must keep my net carbs under 40g per day or my numbers start creeping up.

Yesterday Friday, Jan 31
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 115.8 lbs
----------------------------------------
For the first time in a looooooong time, I chose to eat before noon at home. I've had the occasional special occasion brunch around 11am, but only because I was out with others. I have not eaten before noon AT HOME in months. I continue to blame all this abnormal behaviour on the Australian Open, as I was up again watching a match and I couldn't sleep afterwards (again) and I felt HUNGRY at 7am! ...though I guess, since I didn't sleep yet, technically this was not a before noon-meal...??? I dunno.

Also, I was having a very HUNGRY day w/ serious sugar cravings all day, and I just gave in to them as I was way too tired to keep talking myself out of it. Plus I think my body was asking for sugar cuz I'm just so run down from both being sick and the serious lack of sleep. One more match left...

7:00am - salad w/ vinaigrette + 1 oz roasted chicken breast + 2 oz crisp orange beef + 1 oz garlic peanuts + 3 oz dried mangoes + 1 Milk chocolate Praline

11:30am - 1 skinny tea latte + salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 2 oz roasted chicken breast + 1.5 oz crisp orange beef + 1 cup roasted brussell sprouts w/ bacon

2:00pm - 1/4 cup ginger ice cream + 1/2 oz cheddar cheese + 1 slice salami + 5 green grapes + 1 After Eight chocolate mint + 2 gin & sodas

3:30pm - 1/4 of a Pilsbury Grands! Cinnamon Roll + 1 green tea

7:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 3 oz pan fried Basa fillet + 1/2 oz anchovies + 2 tbsp seafood sauce + 1 Good North Cookies & Cream Dessert Bar + 1 Dark Chocolate Praline << ate about 1/3 of the salad >>

2:00am - << was up waiting to watch the 3am Women's AO Final and got hungry so ate the rest of my 7:30pm salad >>

Totals: 2612 cals - 93g Protein -242g NET carbs - 110g fat

Edited by ms.sss

Saturday 2/1/20

It was a hungry day for me. I actually ate Breakfast before 12 which is something I almost never do. I ended up over my 30g net carb goal, but I have been under it all week so it is what it is. I couldn't resist the slice of toast with dinner.

6:30 am- coffee/ half-half

9 am- 1 cup unsweetned vanilla almond milk, Power Crunch Protein Bar

10 am- coffee/half-half

1 pm- 1/2 chic-fila Spicey Southwest salad with avocado lime ranch

7 pm- 2 scrambled eggs, onions, tomatoes, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 slice Sara Lee Delightful Multigrain bread toasted with a pat of butter.

9 pm- coffee/ half-half

Calories- 1243 Net Carbs- 36.9 Fiber 10.3g Protein- 58.9g Fat- 81.7g Glycemic Load-3.3

Yesterday Saturday, Feb 1
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 116.9 lbs
Was a total lump on a log yesterday. I was so completely exhausted, I was literally falling into 20 minute naps. Spent most of the day either sleeping on the couch or on my laptop on the couch listening to the TV.

Was doing ok food wise until about 2am when we raided the kitchen. Wasn't even hungry. Just bored and impatient for tennis to come on. Paid for it with a serious case of stomach cramps, pooping and death feelings. I knew it was going to happen WHILE I was eating my ice cream, but honestly, I didn't even care...

9:00am - 1 skinny tea latte

1:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + celery + 1.5 oz roasted brussel sprouts + 2 tbsp tuna salad (tuna, mayo, celery, spices)

2:30pm - 1 Atkins coconut chocolate bar + 1 skinny tea latte

4:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + celery + 2 oz avocado + 4 tbsp tuna salad + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds

7:30pm - shiratake noodles + 1/3 cup Pasta Sauce + anchovies + capers + 1/2 tsp grated parm cheese

10:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + 2.5 oz roasted brussel sprouts + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds

12:30am - 1 skinny tea latte

2:00am to 4:00 am -

• 2 mini almond biscottis
  • 3 mini chocolate crinkle cookie
  • 1 mini marzipan cookie
  • 1 After Eight chocolate mint
  • 1 cup ginger ice cream + 2 oz candied ginger
  • 2 skinny tea lattes

Totals: 1942 cals - 60g Protein 164g NET carbs - 97g fat

Yesterday Sunday, Feb 2
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 117.6 lbs
Yep, I knew it. I got over 117 again. Too much sugar and salt and all-day eating, I guess. Plus week-long lack of sleep. Plus pure laziness on the exercise front. Plus my stinkin' period is due to make an appearance soon. #someoneIsCranky

At least I got to go to brunch with BFF and our KIds and enjoy a couple Mimosas (which I haven't had in over a year).

I want to make an effort to get back on track and exercising again...I just feel so UNHEALTHY and BLAH these past several days...

8:00am - 1 skinny tea latte

12:00pm - 2 mimosas + 2 black coffees + 1/4 of a Spicy eggs Benny (there were two, and I had 1/4 of one...the Kid ate the rest: chorizo patty + sweet potato "toast" + avocado + poached egg + Sriracha hollandaise) + 1/4 cup spring mix salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette

2:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds

4:00pm - 4 tbsp garlic & herb cream cheese + 1 bite of a Keto bagel

7:30pm - 4 shrimp wonton Soup sans noodles + 1/2 cup stewed beef brisket + 1/2 cup Chinese broccoli + 1/2 cup nacho toppings (ground beef + red onion + jalapenos + avocado + cheddar cheese + sour cream + salsa)

9:30pm - 1/4 cup almonds + 2 gin & sodas

Totals: 2271 cals - 102g Protein 139g NET carbs - 113g fat

@ms.sss I am amazed at how many calories you can eat and maintain!! You have an awesome metabolism. If I approach much more then 1500 I will gain. I had my basal metabolism checked about 8 months post op when I was at goal and I was told it was 1650 or somewhere near there (i forget the exact number). I don't think it was accurate because if I don't exercise and eat more then 1500 I gain.

6 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

@ms.sss I am amazed at how many calories you can eat and maintain!! You have an awesome metabolism. If I approach much more then 1500 I will gain. I had my basal metabolism checked about 8 months post op when I was at goal and I was told it was 1650 or somewhere near there (i forget the exact number). I don't think it was accurate because if I don't exercise and eat more then 1500 I gain.

I was thinking the same about Mrs ss. I normally have to stay at 1200 calories and under to maintain and not gain. Barely able to keep losing at 600 calories per day.

Sunday 2/2/20

I was planning to eat just dinner Sunday, but I ended up having a snack around 10 pm before heading to bed. I did keep my calories down and I went about 23.5 hours between dinner Saturday and Sunday.

9 am- coffee/half-half

2 pm-coffee/half-half

6:30 pm- Keto alfredo chicken bake, riced cauliflower

7 pm- coffee/half-half

10 pm- Dannon light & fit vanilla yogurt with 5 small strawberries

Calories- 774 Net Carbs- 22.6g Fiber- 6.7g Protein-32.4g Fat- 41.8g Glycemic Load 9.1

54 minutes ago, Losingit2018 said:

I was thinking the same about Mrs ss. I normally have to stay at 1200 calories and under to maintain and not gain. Barely able to keep losing at 600 calories per day.

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis which causes my metabolism to slow. I take 2 grains of Armour daily, but I still have barely in range labs.

8 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis which causes my metabolism to slow. I take 2 grains of Armour daily, but I still have barely in range labs.

I have it as well. I take levothyroxine and it keeps levels barely in range. Hair loss has been areal beach.

2 minutes ago, Losingit2018 said:

I have it as well. I take levothyroxine and it keeps levels barely in range. Hair loss has been areal beach.

Sorry you are dealing with it also.

I started on Levothyroxine, but it didn't lower my numbers at all and I could not function with it. I think I need to try a higher dose of the armour . My tsh has never been lower then 4.5-5 despite medication.

I would love to get below 3 which is where I have read most people feel the best.

5 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Sorry you are dealing with it also.

I started on Levothyroxine, but it didn't lower my numbers at all and I could not function with it. I think I need to try a higher dose of the armour . My tsh has never been lower then 4.5-5 despite medication.

I would love to get below 3 which is where I have read most people feel the best.

Hmmm did the levothyroxine cause fatigue and brain fog? I have a bad case of both. My numbers are staying in range but it is still ridiculously hard for me to lose weight. I have to keep calories much lower than most to lose.