Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Here is today. I'm edging up my calories until I'm maintaining. I was eating about 700-800 calories previously. My goal this week is to get around 1000 calories a day. Then I'll add a couple hundred more. I'm still losing right now, and will be upping my activity level, so finding the right balance may take a while.

Breakfast: 5 whole wheat crackers, 1 oz cheese, 3 slices salami, .2 cup half and half

Morning snack: chia seed pudding, grapes

Lunch: turkey meatballs, broccoli

Afternoon snack: Quest bar

Dinner: turkey meatballs, broccoli

Totals: Cals - 901 Protein - 74 Carbs - 72 Fat - 43

Edited by AngieBear

Sunday feb 10
29 months PO/5'2"/CW 169.4 ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: coffee + almond milk/ Peanut Butter
Lunch: 2 oz tuna + mayo
Snack: 14 roasted almonds
Dinner: 2 eggs + spinach+ 4 oz greek yogurt
Snack: family had a fruit party and I joined them - 10 grapes, .5 apple pear, 2 lychees, 1/4 mango, pistachios
The fruits gave me a crazy sugar spike I didn't have any physical dumping, but I felt pretty lightheaded for 2 hours. I was really hungry afterwards so I ate some beef, high fat and protien thankfully took away my hunger
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Totals- 1207 cals/66g protien/61g net carbs/75g fat

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

7:00pm - salad greens + vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 1.5 oz avocado + 5 oz steak

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

That seems like a ton of food to me. I can’t eat more then 3 oz of meat with my veggies. If I have a salad I can eat it with 2 oz of chicken or tuna.

I am truly amazed at how much you can eat in a day. You aren’t gaining any weight? I am jealous for sure.

Actually that 7pm entry was (sort of) a mistake...that was copied and pasted from another day (I corrected my original post).

But yeah, I did eat that amount for a meal, just not yesterday (I think it was from last Thrusday...), though its worth noting that while it may be a lot in volume, its not really much in calories...just 277 calories for that entire 7pm meal. Also, I tend to take a looooooooong time to eat...maybe 45 mins to an hour to eat a "regular" sized meal.

My weight generally bounces around 115 and 120. I've gotten as low as 109 (after PS), and as high as 122 (after vacation), but I mostly live in this range.

I'm more comfortable when i'm in the lower part of this range (aren't we all?), and lately I've been living in the upper part and I'm trying not be be annoyed by it....

Edited by ms.sss

@AngieBear...did you find the amount of food you listed difficult to take in? Also, yeah it will take a bit of tweaking to figure it all out (took me about 2-3 months).

@chayarg HEEYYY!!! You got under 170!! YAAAYYYYY!!!!

[mention=348107]AngieBear[/mention]...did you find the amount of food you listed difficult to take in? Also, yeah it will take a bit of tweaking to figure it all out (took me about 2-3 months).
[mention=374036]chayarg[/mention] HEEYYY!!! You got under 170!! YAAAYYYYY!!!!

So excited to be In 160's!!! i reached 165 twice since surgery but never been lower. I'm really hoping to finally get below it my ultimate goal is 135 which would put me at normal bmi.

2 minutes ago, chayarg said:

So excited to be In 160's!!! i reached 165 twice since surgery but never been lower. I'm really hoping to finally get below it my ultimate goal is 135 which would put me at normal bmi.

Congrats!!! I know how happy you must feel. When I first got below 200 I was actually tearing up. I had mostly given up hope of seeing the 100's again.

10 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Wahhhhooooooo!!!! Congrats woman! That's wonderful news!!! You can DO this! You ARE doing this thing!!!

19 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Actually that 7pm entry was (sort of) a mistake...that was copied and pasted from another day (I corrected my original post).

But yeah, I did eat that amount for a meal, just not yesterday (I think it was from last Thrusday...), though its worth noting that while it may be a lot in volume, its not really much in calories...just 277 calories for that entire 7pm meal. Also, I tend to take a looooooooong time to eat...maybe 45 mins to an hour to eat a "regular" sized meal.

My weight generally bounces around 115 and 120. I've gotten as low as 109 (after PS), and as high as 122 (after vacation), but I mostly live in this range.

I'm more comfortable when i'm in the lower part of this range (aren't we all?), and lately I've been living in the upper part and I'm trying not be be annoyed by it....

That is a long time for a meal. I tend to eat fairly quickly and I know that fills me up much faster. salad is a slider food for me. I can eat a large volume of salad if I don't have any Protein with it. Tonight I had about 2.5 cups of salad greens, 2 table sp of walnuts, 2 grape tomatoes, a sprinkle of won-tons and a hard boiled egg. I am so full right now

Sunday 2/9

I did a 2 mile run at 12:00 before my first meal. I have always liked running in a fasted state. I made it till 2 before I ate my yogurt with walnuts.

8 am- coffee/cream

10 am- coffe/cream

2 pm- activia vanilla yogurt with 2 tbls walnuts

7 pm Copy Cat recipe for Olive Garden's chicken margherita with parmesan crusted zucchini.

Calories- 836 Net Carbs- 22.4g Fiber- 8.3g Protein- 49g Fat-43g GL-1.4

8 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I have always liked running in a fasted state.

Me Too! (Man, I miss running :( )

Do you run outside?

4 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Me Too! (Man, I miss running :( )

Do you run outside?

Yes. I hate treadmills so if the weather is crappy I will just hop on my elliptical instead.

It has been so nice to get back out and stretch my legs. I know what it is to miss running. I hope you can get back to it soon.

Monday 2/10

this was a Monday from hell. I got into a couple of heated arguments and I was pulling my hair out by lunch. I swear sometimes I feel like I am a referee instead of a supervisor of adults.

7 am- coffee/cream

10 am- coffee/cream

12:30 pm- left over chicken margherita

4 pm- 2 cheese sticks

7:30 pm- salad with walnuts, grape tomatoes, avocado, italian dressing, 1 large hard boiled egg

8 pm- coffee/cream

Calories- 875 Net Carbs- 20g Fiber- 8.9g Protein- 54.5g Fat- 52g GL- 1.4

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@AngieBear...did you find the amount of food you listed difficult to take in? Also, yeah it will take a bit of tweaking to figure it all out (took me about 2-3 months).

@chayarg HEEYYY!!! You got under 170!! YAAAYYYYY!!!!

I did ok. Because I can still only take in small amounts at a time, I think Snacks will be key.

I feel so much better now that there are carbs in my diet. I was starting to feel run down.

7 hours ago, AngieBear said:

I did ok. Because I can still only take in small amounts at a time, I think Snacks will be key.

I feel so much better now that there are carbs in my diet. I was starting to feel run down.

Yeah, more carbs helped me run longer distances, I think...

Though you know, I am sort of loathe to admit it (seeing as i am still a self-diagnosed carb-o-phobic), but ever since I stopped doing ultra-low carb, my face looks so much better. My cheeks and under-eye areas have filled in and lost it's dark, hallow look. I no longer look like Skeletor, which is a good thing. I was looking OLD.

Yesterday Monday, Feb 10
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 116.6 lbs
----------------------------------------
Ok, baby steps..I actually got to sleep around 2:30am, which is an improvement for me these days. (1) I didn't have any tea/coffee after 5pm (2) I went for a 1 hour walk after dinner (3) I went upstairs at 11pm i.e., got away from the TV.

I don't know anymore if my pants are snug because of the ongoing swelling with my PS, or if I got legit bigger....so I decided I want to get lower in my happy place range and see if that makes any diff with my pants. So gonna go low cal for the next little while (with the exceptions of the Valnetine's dinners planned for this weekend)

9:00am - skinny tea latte

11:00am - black coffee w/ stevia

3:00pm - skinny tea latte + tamarind pork noodle Soup (1 cup tamarind broth + 1/2 package shiratake noodles + 1/2 cup broccoli + 7 oz pork ribs * ate a little more than 1/2 of this *

6:30pm - * ate the leftovers of the 3pm meal *

8:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 1.5 oz roast beef

11:00pm - 1/4 cup Good North chocolate fudge Protein ice cream + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds

----------------------------------------

Totals: 696 cals - 81g Protein 18g NET carbs - 28g fat