Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

1 minute ago, Losingit2018 said:

Hmmm did the levothyroxine cause fatigue and brain fog? I have a bad case of both. My numbers are staying in range but it is still ridiculously hard for me to lose weight. I have to keep calories much lower than most to lose.

Fatigue and brain fog were my normal until I started on armour. Even being at the high end of the normal range or just above it, I feel so much better and more normal since starting the armour.

Mon feb 3
29 months PO/ 5'2"/ CW 174
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I did 19.5 hour fast I planned on eating double the amount of Protein Shake which would've made me reach protien goal but I just couldn't finish it
745- coffee

945- coffee

500- coffee

845- broccoli puree

1045- .5 scoop whey protien + almond milk + plain Greek yogurt
Totals- 255 cals / 30g protien/ 14g net carbs/ 7g fat

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Monday 2/3/20

I usually don't eat much fruit, but the past two days I have been loving these strawberries that a co-worker gave me. So sweet and delicious with the vanilla yogurt. The effect on my glycemic load for the day is huge though. I like to keep that under 6.

7 am- coffee/ cream

10 am- coffee/cream

12 pm- Alfredo chicken/ cauliflower rice

4 pm- 2 cheese sticks

6 pm- coffee/cream

7 pm- dannon light & fit yogurt with 5 strawberries

8 pm- handful of nuts- almonds, walnuts, pecans

Calories-1019 Net Carbs- 28g Fiber- 5.2g Protein- 48g Fat- 70g Glycemic Load-9.1

35 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Mon feb 3
29 months PO/ 5'2"/ CW 174
I did 19.5 hour fast I planned on eating double the amount of Protein Shake which would've made me reach protien goal but I just couldn't finish it
745- coffee

945- coffee

500- coffee

845- broccoli puree

1045- .5 scoop whey protien + almond milk + plain Greek yogurt
Totals- 255 cals / 30g protien/ 14g net carbs/ 7g fat

You really had a low calorie day!! It has been a long while since I have had a day with less then 500 calories.

15 hours ago, Apple1 said:

@ms.sss I am amazed at how many calories you can eat and maintain!! You have an awesome metabolism. If I approach much more then 1500 I will gain. I had my basal metabolism checked about 8 months post op when I was at goal and I was told it was 1650 or somewhere near there (i forget the exact number). I don't think it was accurate because if I don't exercise and eat more then 1500 I gain.

15 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

I was thinking the same about Mrs ss. I normally have to stay at 1200 calories and under to maintain and not gain. Barely able to keep losing at 600 calories per day.

I am very lucky in this regard, and I know it (sometimes I forget, but most of time I am very grateful).

I normally do exercise* quite a bit (min 5km run daily + 15 mins strength training daily + dance classes/zumba/hot yoga/rock climbing), so this helps alot with increasing the amount of calories I can consume to maintain.

**...but because of my plastics recovery, I have been MIA on the exercise front for almost 7 weeks. I can feel the physical and emotional effects of the lack of exercise and I'm struggling with it at the moment. My 14-day moving average weight graph is inching upward and it is annoying me. So i really need to reduce my calories to make up for the lack of activity, but I'm in a sucky mood.

Edited to add (After reading a bunch of posts and realizing it's up to me to make myself feel better, dammit): EFF IT!!! I'M GOING OUT FOR A WALK AND NOT COMING BACK FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT TO AND AM REALLY MAD ABOUT HAVING TO DO IT. ...AND EVEN MADDER THAT I DON'T WANT TO DO IT.

Edited by ms.sss

@chayarg, that IS a low calorie day. I think though when you are fasting, its a given that you won't reach Protein goals? I'm thinking of doing a fast too to detox myself from all the crap I have been eating, and maybe lift me out of this bum mood I am in. Out of curiosity, what is the longest fast you have done?

@Apple1 & @Losingit2018 : I had to google Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and educate myself on this (I have heard it mentioned on "House", but never really understood what it entailed). Now that I know, I feel for you guys for having to deal with this...and at the same time really impressed that you guys keep on truckin' with the weight loss efforts despite things working against you ❤️. I feel kinda bad now for being sucky about myself 💔.

I just got home from seeing the ortho doc about my shoulder. I have what is called frozen shoulder and he explained that the likely cause was my autoimmune issues. It seems my immune system got tired of attacking just my thyroid and is now focused on my left shoulder too. Bummer. He said it may take up to two years to fully resolve itself and could spread to my right shoulder also... Just great....

Ok, pity party over. The bright side is most cases resolve without surgery and I just need to do some specific exercises daily to help it along. If the pain is ever too intense I can opt for a ultra sound guided cortisone shot. I skipped the shot for now and will just focus on learning the exercises and praying my right shoulder is spared.

@ms.sss I do a dry 26 hour fast 2× a year for religious reasons.
Everyone is entitled to feel crapy and moody. If anyone knows that it's me then you go down the line of why do I feel so bad other ppl have it much worse ect. *Sigh* life is so complicated
P.S. doing another fast right now

1 minute ago, chayarg said:

@ms.sss I do a dry 26 hour fast 2× a year for religious reasons.
Everyone is entitled to feel crapy and moody. If anyone knows that it's me then you go down the line of why do I feel so bad other ppl have it much worse ect. *Sigh* life is so complicated
P.S. doing another fast right now

I sure hope you have a good day!! We must remember to be kind to ourselves. We all deserve it and are worthy. I am saying this as much for myself today after having my own pity party.

Yesterday Monday, Feb 3
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 117.7 lbs
----------------------------------------
Another day, another lack-luster effort to reign it in...I am now in "HEYYYY!!!" weight territory again. Didn't I just work myself down form this a couple weeks ago?!?!?...and now I'm back. I can't even console myself with inches measurements as I am bloated and especially swollen these days.

Anyway. I am giving it the all-star effort to get back on track and get the good feels again: I dragged my lazy butt outside for an almost 2-hour, 10km+ walk earlier and I have to say I do feel better. I would feel alot better if I could have run it, but I'll take what I can get.

I even did 20 squats and 2 x 1min planks. #smallVictories

9:00am - black coffee w/ stevia

12:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 3 oz roasted brussel sprouts + 4 shrimp wontons

2:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 2 fl oz tuna salad (tuna, celery, mayo) + 1 soft boiled egg

5:00pm - 2 gin and sodas

7:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 2.5 oz avocado + 2 fl oz tuna salad + 2 oz roasted sweet potato + 2 tbsp garlic & herb cream cheese

10:30pm - 1 cup greek yogurt + 1 oz blueberries + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 tsp honey +1 oz beef Jerky + 1/2 chocolate crinkle cookie

Totals: 1915 cals - 110g Protein 98g NET carbs - 94g fat

Tuesday feb 4
29 months PO/ 5'2"/CW 174
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I did a 17ish hours fast. I felt a bit dizzy a couple of times, I was drinking plenty of Water but since I binged like crazy on Sunday and had under 300 cals yesterday I guess it makes sense.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
800- coffee

1030- coffee

530- coffee

600- broccoli puree + cheddar cheese

730- whey protien + Greek yogurt plain

945- egg drop Soup

1130 coffee
Totals- 673 cals / 56g protien / 26g net carbs/ 37g fat
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure what to do tomorrow have a really busy day ahead and dont know if I can make it through another fast.

22 hours ago, Greenfeather65 said:

I opt for nutrient-dense food as much as possible💕🥑

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

Ok, so why make the assumption that we're not trusting ourselves, because we plan and watch our food intake? I have 100% enjoyment and satisfaction from my daily diet. 100%. I also eat deeply nutritious food. :) I have a sense of comfort and peace around my eating and my lifestyle. :)

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@chayarg, that IS a low calorie day. I think though when you are fasting, its a given that you won't reach Protein goals? I'm thinking of doing a fast too to detox myself from all the crap I have been eating, and maybe lift me out of this bum mood I am in. Out of curiosity, what is the longest fast you have done?

@Apple1 & @Losingit2018 : I had to google Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and educate myself on this (I have heard it mentioned on "House", but never really understood what it entailed). Now that I know, I feel for you guys for having to deal with this...and at the same time really impressed that you guys keep on truckin' with the weight loss efforts despite things working against you ❤️. I feel kinda bad now for being sucky about myself 💔.

I reach my Protein goals on a fast day. I think you should still target your protein and reach it on fasting days...even if that's the lower end of it. My RD is totally ok with me having some days in the 50s on protein. She said, as long as that's not every day. So it fluctuates with the ADF.

If I end up doing a 20:4, then it will always include breaking the fast with a Protein Drink, then having a meal or two in that 4 hour window.

Yesterday Tuesday, Feb 4
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 118.5 lbs
Yesterday: 2 hour walk + 20 squats + 2 planks + sub-1000 cals.

Goal for Today: min 1 hour walk + 20 squats + 50 crunches + 50 leg lifts + sub-1000 cals

9:00am - black coffee w/ stevia + 1 skinny tea latte

1:00pm - green tea + salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 2 fl oz tuna salad (tuna, celery, mayo) + 3 chicken wings

4:30pm - 1 skinny tea latte + 1pm leftovers + 3 chicken wings + 1/4 package of Shirataki noodles + 1.5 anchovy fillets + 1/2 tbsp capers + 1/8 cup Tomato basil Pasta Sauce

7:00pm - green tea + salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 2 fl oz tuna salad

Totals: 540 cals - 45g Protein 15g NET carbs - 31g fat