Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Yesterday Friday, Jan 24
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 114.0 lbs
----------------------------------------
Alrighty...yesterdays menu should be the last of my low-cal days for a while (at least until I find myself near my upper limit for consecutive days...):

8:30am - 1 black coffee w/ stevia + 1 skinny tea latte + peppermint tea

2:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + red onions + 1.5 tbsp blue cheese + 3.5 oz Montreal smoked meat

4:30pm - 3/4 cup greek yogurt + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz blueberries + 1 tbsp garlic peanuts + 1 skinny tea latte

8:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1/2 cup roasted vegetables casserole (carrots, broccoli, green pepper, red onion, almonds, bacon, garlic, olive oil) + 1 skinny tea latte

Totals: 845 cals - 54g Protein - 30g NET carbs - 52g fat

Yesterday Saturday, Jan 25
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 113.8 lbs
Went to my little niece's bday party yesterday afternoon/evening and was sooooo looking forward to having some cake. Turns out it was ice cream cake, and I was actually really disappointed! Ended up passing on the ice cream cake and drowning my disappointment with some wine accompanied with both party Snacks and some "emergency" snacks that I carry around in my purse, lol.

9:00am - 1 skinny tea latte

1:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + red onions + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 fl oz blue cheese + 3.5 oz montreal smoked meat + 1 skinny tea latte

5:00pm - 2 cups greek salad (greens, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, vinaigrette) + 2 oz blueberries + 3 strawberries + 4 chicken wings

9:00pm to 11:30pm -

• 2.5 oz beef Jerky
  • 1 Keto choco flax cookie
  • 2/3 of an Atkins chocolate coconut bar
  • 2 fl oz garlic peanuts
  • 4 glasses red wine

Totals: 1798 cals - 101g Protein - 64g NET carbs - 88g fat

Edited by ms.sss

Went haywire last night with some binge eating sad part is it was truly a waste of calories. Was alone and ate complete garbage that didn't even taste good [emoji26] at the moment I'm trying to clear my head and tell myself I am not a terrible person these things can happen to anyone 20200126_111028.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Went haywire last night with some binge eating sad part is it was truly a waste of calories. Was alone and ate complete garbage that didn't even taste good at the moment I'm trying to clear my head and tell myself I am not a terrible person these things can happen to anyone

Nope. NOT. AT. ALL. Of course you are not a terrible person.

I've seen the effort you have put in the past couple months, and I get you are probably feeling pretty sh*tty at the moment. We've all been there. And it sucks. And it's challenging to pull oneself up. And that sucks too.

It's really nice you have the ability to recognize you need to clear your head. Do what you need to do to refrain from beating yourself up, and when you forgive yourself, get back on that train you were riding for the very next meal. You have been doing awesome, one day doesn't take all that away.

*hugs*

42 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Went haywire last night with some binge eating sad part is it was truly a waste of calories. Was alone and ate complete garbage that didn't even taste good emoji26.png at the moment I'm trying to clear my head and tell myself I am not a terrible person these things can happen to anyone 20200126_111028.jpeg

A binge does not define you as a "terrible person." ((hugs))

Instead, use it as a teachable/learning moment. Instead of beating yourself up and feeling x,y,z, consider it an experiment. See what you can change up to create a new behavior or end an unhealthy one!

Look at it objectively (the event):

1. What can you learn from the event?

2. What were you feeling at the time?

3. What were you thinking at the time?

4. What was "running in the background" (i.e. thoughts, tv, radio, mood, atmosphere, did it remind you of a previous time good or bad)?

5. What are actionable baby steps you can do to prevent this recurrence? (i.e. get crap out of your house or put it where you can't easily see it or get to it or have to live with it, set an action plan that might include: exercise/walking, calling a friend, coming to the forum and chatting, focusing on a hobby or crafting project, playing cards, drink Water, deep breathe (4 square breathing), meditate, yoga, pray, watch a comedy, hug someone you love, stand in front of the mirror and physically tell yourself why you are proud of your accomplishments.)

6. Pose in front of the mirror in your favorite super hero pose. Do it daily.

7. Journal the event and all the details. Start tracking event free days. Put a star or a sticker for every event free day.

Edited by FluffyChix

Yesterday Sunday, Jan 26
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1.25 yr PO Sleeve / 114.0 lbs
Think I'm coming down with something...I had a long nap in the middle of the afternoon yesterday and slept for like 10 hours straight last night. And I'm still feeling tired. Don't even feel like going for a walk this morning.

10:00am - 1 skinny tea latte

1:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + red onions + 1 fl oz blue cheese + 1/2 oz fig goat cheese + 3 oz montreal smoked meat + 1/4 cup garlic peanuts +1/3 Atkins chocolate coconut bar

7:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + red onions + 1 oz green bell peppers + jalapenos + 1.5 oz green grapes + 2.5 oz montreal smoked meat + 1 oz beef Jerky + 1/2 oz almonds

9:00pm - 1 skinny tea latte + 1 oz goat cheese + 1 oz blue cheese + 1 oz cheddar cheese + 1/2 oz salami + 4 seed crackers + 1/4 cup garlic peanuts + 1 ATKINS coconut chocolate bar

Totals: 1794 cals - 99g Protein - 68g NET carbs - 120g fat

Sunday jan 26
5'2" / 29 months PO/ CW 173
------------------------------------------------------------------
So you would think after Saturday's binge eating I would have a bit more self control. But the hunger is just ridiculous. I feel physical hunger pain that wont go away. I'm back on omeprazole and tums, but don't see a difference. Is it some sort of mental hunger?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: coffee with almond milk

Snack: coffee with almond milk

Lunch: 8 oz plain Greek yogurt + 1 cup frozen strawberries + .25 cup oats + pb powder

Snack: protien bar

Dinner: lavish roll + pastrami + roasted broccoli

Snack: chickpea puffs

Snack: popcorn + healthy habits popsicle

Snack: pickle + 2 oz beef + broccoli puree
Totals- 1234 cals / 104g protien/ 105g net carbs / 37g fat

@ms.sss feel better!!! Being sick sucks

58 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Sunday jan 26
5'2" / 29 months PO/ CW 173
------------------------------------------------------------------
So you would think after Saturday's binge eating I would have a bit more self control. But the hunger is just ridiculous. I feel physical hunger pain that wont go away. I'm back on omeprazole and tums, but don't see a difference. Is it some sort of mental hunger?
Breakfast: coffee with almond milk

Snack: coffee with almond milk

Lunch: 8 oz plain Greek yogurt + 1 cup frozen strawberries + .25 cup oats + pb powder

Snack: protien bar

Dinner: lavish roll + pastrami + roasted broccoli

Snack: chickpea puffs

Snack: popcorn + healthy habits popsicle

Snack: pickle + 2 oz beef + broccoli puree
Totals- 1234 cals / 104g protien/ 105g net carbs / 37g fat

Are any of these new foods? At a guess, it's gonna take 4-7days for your blood sugars to behave again. Until then, you WILL be hungry. If it were me, I'd cut WAY back on the carbs and push Protein. It will help bring your hunger back into satiety mode.

If I ate 1c of strawberries with 1/4 of oatmeal...I'd be hungry. Likewise if I ate lavish roll + chickpea puffs? Hungry. Plus if I ate popcorn and the healthy habits (sugar) popsicle = pure hunger. You've got a lot of sugar and carbage running around in there. And it would keep me muchie and looking for food. But these are triggers for me and YMMV. ((hugs))

1 hour ago, chayarg said:

In my own narrow experience I find that bingeing begets bingeing. Or, eating a bunch of sugar/carbs after restricting for a long-ish amount of time results in me craving it more after that first re-introduction into my diet.

For me, I don't have very much difficulty differentiating between hunger and cravings, though I have read enough on here to know that there are lots who do.

Have you tried drinking Water when the hunger pains come around? Does that make any difference?

On the other hand, you may really just be legit hungry. I took a quick look back at a few days of your most recent menu postings. You generally take in very little fat* (most of the time). Personally, I find that fat in my diet tends to keep me satiated longer, as does dense Protein. Besides the 2oz of beef you had yesterday (and maybe the lavish roll? not sure how that sits in a tummy), everything else was pretty slider-ish...this *may* be contributing to any real hunger feelings...

*Note: Fat and its consumption is a bit controversial on here, some restrict it alot, others not so much. I tend to not really be concerned about fat. I tend to be more concerned about looking at carbs & protein and just let the fat fall where it may...(within total caloric limits of course)

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

*Note: Fat and its consumption is a bit controversial on here, some restrict it alot, others not so much. I tend to not really be concerned about fat. I tend to be more concerned about looking at carbs & Protein and just let the fat fall where it may...(within total caloric limits of course)

Agree! I tend to keep fat lower for 2 reason (this is my personal issue):

1. Higher fat meals make me nauseous and might contribute to RH from delayed stomach emptying now that I have RNY.

2. I found that I lose better as an old lady, post meno taking a hormone drug that shuts things down, so keeping cals low and protein adequate with lots of Fiber seems to be my magic bullet to wlsucess. :) But I will say, there is no doubt in my mind I would have fewer hunger events if I upped my fat a bit. :D

Thanks for advice I will try and cut down on carbs as much as possible without going crazy for some reason I didn't have a good experience with Keto I did it for 35 days back in August my stomach was a mess all throughout and I had no energy. Also I want to do more IF but life happens

1 minute ago, chayarg said:

Thanks for advice I will try and cut down on carbs as much as possible without going crazy for some reason I didn't have a good experience with Keto I did it for 35 days back in August my stomach was a mess all throughout and I had no energy. Also I want to do more IF but life happens

You don't have to be Keto girlfriend! Nor that restrictive. Just maybe think about for now filling your tum with super FILLING high fiber stuff that isn't calorically dense nor sweet/a bunch of high glycemic carbs that break down to sugar. :) (i.e. More salads - lots of them! :D Instead of oatmeal, do a chocolate chia and hemp heart warm pudding with some blueberries (frozen) on them, only 1/2ounce and a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt, plain sweetened with a drop or two of stevia.) Those sorts of swaps. Right? Instead of popcorn, do Pork rinds and a yogurt Ranch dip or yogurt onion dip...that sort of thign. :)

You don't have to be Keto girlfriend! Nor that restrictive. Just maybe think about for now filling your tum with super FILLING high Fiber stuff that isn't calorically dense nor sweet/a bunch of high glycemic carbs that break down to sugar. [emoji4] (i.e. More salads - lots of them! [emoji3] Instead of oatmeal, do a chocolate chia and hemp heart warm pudding with some blueberries (frozen) on them, only 1/2ounce and a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt, plain sweetened with a drop or two of stevia.) Those sorts of swaps. Right? Instead of popcorn, do Pork rinds and a yogurt Ranch dip or yogurt onion dip...that sort of thign. [emoji4]

Oh lord this is where my picky eating really sucks. Currently surfing internet for recipes. Already had 2.5 cups of veggies today!!! Hurray