Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Not an expert at all. But my first thought is that was a lot of food in quick succession. Maybe just too much for your stomach to process after a little shrinkage from fasting?

Not an expert at all. But my first thought is that was a lot of food in quick succession. Maybe just too much for your stomach to process after a little shrinkage from fasting?

The vomiting Could be even though I tried to do it slowly. I did have liquids first than waited an hour before first solid (small cookie) Lol I was so hungry. But why the diarrhea? Dosen't make sense to me

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, chayarg said:

The vomiting Could be even though I tried to do it slowly. I did have liquids first than waited an hour before first solid (small cookie) Lol I was so hungry. But why the diarrhea? Dosen't make sense to me

I think it sounds like dumping (from the quick ingestion of all the sugar alcohols in the cookie and Protein bar). Especially if you have any PCOS insulin issues. Sorry you had to deal with that hon!!! Yikes!!

I will tell you that sometimes longer fasts make me poop my first meal. LOL. But then I started breaking my fast with some avocado and then Bone Broth.

@chayarg : yeah, sounds like dumping to me too. :( I dunno if its the quick succession or the fasting or what, but the symptoms def sound like dumping.

Only way to know for sure is to try isolate and try again, though I get if you don't want to do that...dumping is death.

How are you feeling today? Are you attempting another fast today?

Edited by ms.sss

7 hours ago, rs said:

@ms.sss which ones

Assorted Russel Stover chocolates + Mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups.

I already ate up ALL the chocolate covered coconut and the chocolate mint patty ones (my faves). I've still got 1/2 the package of the Reese's (there were alot in the bag). Still got lots of the Russel Stover truffles and caramel pecan ones they are yum, but not delish.

IMG_6738.thumb.jpg.08cb416da01770f11aaca6615288f827.jpg

12 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Assorted Russel Stover chocolates + Mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups.

I already ate up ALL the chocolate covered coconut and the chocolate mint patty ones (my faves). I've still got 1/2 the package of the Reese's (there were alot in the bag). Still got lots of the Russel Stover truffles and caramel pecan ones they are yum, but not delish.

IMG_6738.thumb.jpg.08cb416da01770f11aaca6615288f827.jpg

Any dumping? Santa brought me some of the Reese's and the Mint Patties. :) I am keeping them in the deep freeze so I don't have to walk past them every day. :)

10 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Any dumping? Santa brought me some of the Reese's and the Mint Patties. :) I am keeping them in the deep freeze so I don't have to walk past them every day. :)

Nope no dumping...the most I had at one time was 5 though, and spread out over 30-40 minutes. If I ate more, or ate them faster, I may. But let's not try to find out, LOL.

Yesterday, Tuesday, Jan. 7
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 113.3 lbs

----------------------------------------
The Sugar Free Chocolates bonanza continued yesterday. The good news is I finished all my fave ones so I can't eat any more of them. The bad news is I finished all my fave ones so I can't eat any more of them.

Went out for wings and drinks with BFF last night, and I got toasted on 1 vodka caesar, probably due to drinking it way too fast on an empty stomach (plus it was a double). Only managed to eat 3 wings at the bar. BUT i had 3 more as a late nite snack later on among other things...

I think I'm going through a sweetness binge...

8:00am - coffee-cayenne w/ stevia

11:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + 2 grape tomatoes + 1 tbsp Tomato onion tuna + 3 oz grilled chicken + 2 oz baked ham

3:30pm - 1/3 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz blueberries + 4 pieces Russel Stover sugar-free chocolates + 1 sugar-free Reese's mini Peanut Butter cup + 4 dark chocolate covered coffee Beans (NOT the sugar free kind)

9:30pm - 1 vodka caesar (approx 24 oz) + 3 naked chicken wings + 1 tbsp blue cheese dip.

1:30am - 3 naked chicken wings + 1 tbsp blue cheese dip + 1 cup chocolate Peanut Butter Protein ice cream + 10 almonds + 1 sugar-free Reese's mini Peanut Butter cup

Totals: 1715 cals - 121g Protein - 125g NET carbs - 87g fat

[mention=374036]chayarg[/mention] : yeah, sounds like dumping to me too. [emoji20] I dunno if its the quick succession or the fasting or what, but the symptoms def sound like dumping.
Only way to know for sure is to try isolate and try again, though I get if you don't want to do that...dumping is death.
How are you feeling today? Are you attempting another fast today?
Thank God I feel much better. Just woke up with a pretty sore throat. I will attempt another fast tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better

Yesterday, Wednesday, Jan. 8
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 116.5 lbs

Am having a low-key pity party for myself this AM.

First, I found the the 6-ish lbs I lost after surgery, ... and I think I have these effing sugar-free chocolates to thank. What was once what I thought a cool treat and thanked Mr for, I now think is my kryptonite and curse the day Mr. brought them home! Though I don't think its actually possible for me to put on 6 lbs of actual fat weight on in a week (just like it was unlikely that I could lose 6 lbs of actual weight in 2 weeks, given my current size) , it still sorta messes with my mind.

I counted just now and I have 6 Russel Stovers and 8 Reese's left. I am having internal arguments with myself to just chuck em. Part of me says just get rid of them cuz if they are around I'll just keep eating them, but another part of me says its a waste. The really stupid thing is there is a whole bunch of regular, NON-sugar free chocolate in the pantry (as there always is as the Kid and Mr love REAL chocolate) but I don't seem to go to town on those! WTF.

So far, the non-waster in me is winning, but we'll see...

Second, I haven't pooped since the unfortunate dumping episode on Sunday, so there's that.

And finally, my boob hurts, but I'll write about that in the PS thread... :(

8:00am - coffee-cayenne w/ stevia

2:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + cucumber + 3 naked chicken wings + 1 tbsp blue cheese dip (seriously this one order of chicken wings supplied me for 4 meals!)

7:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + cucumber + 5 naked chicken wings + 1 tbsp blue cheese dip + 2.5 oz grilled chicken

10:30pm - 5 Keto Bagel chips + 1/4 cup coconut curry sauce + 3 sugar-free Russel Stover chocolates + 1 sugar-free Reese's mini Peanut Butter cup + 3oz baked ham + 1 tsp horseradish mustard

Totals: 1312 cals - 117g Protein - 30g NET carbs - 80g fat

Do you think your dumping kept you from gaining while eating the real sugar items? And now that you are eating sugar free you aren't dumping, so the extra cals are adding up quickly? Or maybe the sugar alcohols are still giving you an insulin spike and maybe you are up 4lbs from glycogen stores + Water?

I know we have to be very careful of them here. They spike Mr. F's BGs and they do slow down my WL and also make me bloat (gain a couple). So they are a rare treat for me.

Sorry about the 6lbs!!! Toss em in Deep Space 9 (your freezer) and forget them. If you can't, then punkin chunkin time! :(

Wednesday jan 9
5'2" / 29 months PO / CW 173.4
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: coffee with milk / lavish roll with greek yogurt and pb powder

Snack: mozzarella cheese

Lunch: eggs and jalapeno

Snack: protien bar

Dinner: greek yogurt, strawberry, oatmeal smoothie

Snack: raw veggies / coffee with milk
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Totals- 1177 cals / 77g protien / 96g net carbs / 47g fat
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally started my period (only 3 days late, but I'm usually exact) the cramps are terrible making me want to eat everything in sight. Any non medication ideas to relieve cramps, or to avoid cravings?

P.S. my throat is still pretty sore went to doc he said either viral or from the vomiting episode...

9 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Do you think your dumping kept you from gaining while eating the real sugar items? And now that you are eating sugar free you aren't dumping, so the extra cals are adding up quickly? Or maybe the sugar alcohols are still giving you an insulin spike and maybe you are up 4lbs from glycogen stores + Water?

I know we have to be very careful of them here. They spike Mr. F's BGs and they do slow down my WL and also make me bloat (gain a couple). So they are a rare treat for me.

Sorry about the 6lbs!!! Toss em in Deep Space 9 (your freezer) and forget them. If you can't, then punkin chunkin time! :(

Historically, I don't think I ate enough real sugar items to affect my weight with any significance and with that, any subsequent dumping was just a sad consequence (with no real weight gain "suppression" benefits). My "normal" average calories are and remain 1800-2000 regardless of my occasional trip down sugar lane, LOL.

I think this recent phase of sugar-free chocolate mega-consumption just replaced the Water weight I lost (i.e, 6 lbs) immediate after PS. I was averaging probably 700 cals that first week. So i guess my carb increase (along with these damn chocolates) just put back what I lost as a result of the extreme calorie and carb deficit.

My body seems to like 115 lbs (based on an average calorie intake of 1800-2000 and my normal activity levels). I will go up or down a few pounds all the time but my average for the last 6-ish months is solidly around 115 lbs. Which is fine by me. So I am not really mourning the regain.

However, I really want to get toned and buff once I am cleared for exercise and I will need to figure out what my future new "normal" weight will be WHEN I add extra muscle. Also will need to figure out how to tweak my daily menus to support this endeavour. PROJECT!!

Edited by ms.sss