Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

4 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Yep, night time eating is a challenge for many to get over, I am hungrier (or maybe "cravier" is a better word) at night than I am in the mornings.

Easier said, I know, but I generally ask myself if I really want it, and if after 1/2 an hour and something to drink I still want it, then fine, I'll have it. The wait and drink strategy works for me about 80% of the time. Which is good enough.

Is not keeping stuff like that in your house an option? You mentioned you had 3 kids, so maybe not...

Ooh..I like the idea of waiting and seeing. That's not a "no" but a "maybe". I'm a rebellious sort so "no" tends to not work well on me, lol. "Yes, but you have to wait" is doable. And you are right, often cravings pass.

And I actually have 4 kids if we count the 20 year old still living at home. So not really. Normally I'd say the kids can deal with restricted junk but the 7 year old was diagnosed with Celiac not long ago so already dealing with a lot of restriction as to what he can eat, and also was diagnosed with PANDAS which in him (and others) causes huge food refusals - so even favorite foods he stopped eating. So in an attempt to keep calories in him I can't restrict too much.

Oh, and we made the whole house gluten free - so my low carb wraps and stuff had to go as they were wheat based. i did recently find lower carb seed based crackers so bought some of them today, instead of the pretzel chips.

@Katie Loesch-Meyer : I just saw the MFP screenshot you uploaded...I'm thinking perhaps the listed daily goal of 1822 calories may not be weight loss calories for someone of your height? ....Actually maybe even the 1400 cals you logged may not be either...?

9 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@Katie Loesch-Meyer : I just saw the MFP screenshot you uploaded...I'm thinking perhaps the listed daily goal of 1822 calories may not be weight loss calories for someone of your height? ....Actually maybe even the 1400 cals you logged may not be either...?

I'm gonna second this. LOL. Not that that's important! Bahahaha!

Also your day looks gorgeous right up to the scene of the crash...

I think the 4 pretzel chips primed the pump. Then you came in guns blazin with 4oz of potato and then had more pretzel chips plus sf stuff, then you lost it completely.

I think it has more to do with the blood sugar roller coaster you are on than SAD or the SI probs.

When this happens to me the only way I can do it is to take it one meal at a time and try to go low for 4 days. After the pain of 4 days at 20g of carbs net from veggies, I'm pretty good. But if I'm trying to get motivation back, nothing makes me lose it quicker than a bunch of carbs.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Yeah, I agree. MFP is crazy, I need to go back in and fix it. The 1822 was with it adding in exercise calories. Oh, and I'm still nursing the 2 yr old, which maybe gets me a few extra calories burned, but 1400 is too many. But, I was feeling pretty pleased as it was at least fairly healthy compared to the peppermint bark and gluten free Cookies and mac and cheese I'd been eating recently, lol.

Sort of baby stepping back down. I lose fairly well on 1300 if I'm exercising and nursing, I think..I probably need to go back and check. This was the automatic calorie set from MPF, but as a bariatric patient I need to reset it.

I'm also looking and I got too many carbs, which maybe is what is setting me up for those cravings at night?

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm gonna second this. LOL. Not that that's important! Bahahaha!

Also your day looks gorgeous right up to the scene of the crash...

I think the 4 pretzel chips primed the pump. Then you came in guns blazin with 4oz of potato and then had more pretzel chips plus sf stuff, then you lost it completely.

I think it has more to do with the blood sugar roller coaster you are on than SAD or the SI probs.

When this happens to me the only way I can do it is to take it one meal at a time and try to go low for 4 days. After the pain of 4 days at 20g of carbs net from veggies, I'm pretty good. But if I'm trying to get motivation back, nothing makes me lose it quicker than a bunch of carbs.

I think you are right.

When the little one was nursing more for nutrition I had to up my carbs to keep my milk supply. But obviously that shouldn't be an excuse anymore...she gets comfort and immunity protection from it but eats regular food for her nutrition.

I hadn't even thought about that - after she was born I got used to eating carbs due to the milk supply thing (whenever I'd cut them I'd dry up) and hadn't actually stopped to think that I don't need to do that anymore!

Seriously, it's like I've forgotten how to be a bariatric patient! I literally had to go back and look at old blog posts to get some menu ideas, before finding myself back here. Doesn't help that one of the bariatric podcasts I found when trying to get back on the wagon had a nutritionist that pushed carbs saying that if you don't eat some you will crave them. Now, obviously, that woman hasn't had an eating problem, because my own experience says that isn't true. But hey, she told me to eat carbs, so I listened to what I wanted to hear instead of what I know has worked.

So thank you for the tough love! No carby stuff so far today!

I find that when I have those late night cravings I drink a coffee with sweetner and that usually helps. like @ms.sss said if I still want it after about half hour I'll have some.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

44 minutes ago, Katie Loesch-Meyer said:

But, I was feeling pretty pleased as it was at least fairly healthy compared to the peppermint bark and gluten free Cookies and mac and cheese I'd been eating recently, lol.

Progress not perfection!! WTG!

42 minutes ago, Katie Loesch-Meyer said:

So thank you for the tough love! No carby stuff so far today!

You know what I find? I find that by coming here every day, I stay motivated by my friends success and their energy becomes my own--even on days I have none. And there is nothing so motivating as being with a group of peeps working towards a common goal or experience. It's electrifying! So I'm really glad you are here with us and hope you will hang around. You will be back on top of your game before you know it.

(Also, maybe you might think about the fact that you might not WANT your milk supply to dry up...cuz that means that baby is not a baby anymore. That has to be a gut wrenching time for a mommy!!! ((hugs)) )

You know what I find? I find that by coming here every day, I stay motivated by my friends success and their energy becomes my own--even on days I have none. And there is nothing so motivating as being with a group of peeps working towards a common goal or experience. It's electrifying! So I'm really glad you are here with us and hope you will hang around. You will be back on top of your game before you know it.
(Also, maybe you might think about the fact that you might not WANT your milk supply to dry up...cuz that means that baby is not a baby anymore. That has to be a gut wrenching time for a mommy!!! ((hugs)) )
Yups I agree. Since joining BP, I've been much more motivated.

so I realized I DID have carbs today - had some baked potato at lunch. But that's it :)

And now my 9 yr old daughter is making dinner = she got a Raddish Kids subscription for Christmas so this is one of the recipes for this month. She's making it all on her own and very proud. So I pretty much have to at least try it, but it is mini tamale pies. So has corn flour in it. At least they are mini ones, so I don't have to take much to make her happy.

Yesterday, Monday, Dec. 30
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / ??? lbs (last weigh in 115.0 lbs on Dec 18th)

----------------------------------------
Man, we were gifted a Pecan Pie from our neighbour yesterday and it is so delicious. I had 2 half slices
yesterday and as I type this I am contemplating getting another 1/2 slice. I'm hoping that Mr. and the Kid finished it off by now because while I didn't have any serious dumping, i did get a racing heart for like 30-40 mins and got pretty tired after I ate it each time yesterday (and the macrons and truffles probably didn't help either). All these holiday treats and Snacks in the house right now will be the death of me.

1:30pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + cheddar + cucumber + carrots + 6 grape tomatoes + 1 slice prosciutto + 6 mussels in white wine sauce + 1/2 slice pecan pie

5:30pm - 3/4 cup greek yogurt + 1 oz blueberries + 1 tsp chia seeds + 1 oz almonds + 1/4 cup full fat milk + 2 french macarons + 3 seed crackers + 2 tbsp peppercorn paté

8:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + 1 tsp grated parm + cucumber + carrots + 10 mussels in white wine sauce

11:30pm - 1/2 cup greek yogurt + 1 oz blueberries + 1 tsp chia seeds + 2 Lindt Lindor Dark chocolate Truffles + 1/2 slice pecan pie

Totals: 1742 cals - 89g Protein - 168g NET carbs - 75g fat

Yesterday ended up...okayish. Better than before I got back on track. But not great for weight loss. I am down a pound though, which of course is within the margin of error, lol. Woke up and started to snack again at 2am, but this time stopped myself after two small Cookies rather than a full binge.

Today I'm being strict with the carbs.

Breakfast - just coffee with splenda/half and half/dollop of whipped cream

Early lunch (11:30) - 1/2 cup veggies (leftover) and 2 oz perdue precooked grilled chicken and 1 slice swiss, heated in a hot pan with just enough oil to coat the pan. Used some seasoning and it was really good! I forgot I like veggies that way.

Snack - coffee with half and half and splenda, light and fit greek yogurt

Snack - 1.6 oz roast beef, 1 slice cheese, 1 dill pickle

Not sure what dinner will be yet.

Yesterday dec 31 CW 165.4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: milk and coffee / lavish roll and Peanut Butter

Lunch: salmon and jalapeno/ raw veggies

Snack: broccoli puree

Dinner: red lentils and beef

Snack: bean and rice veggie chips
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Totals 1079 cals / 74g protien / 55g net carbs / 55g fat

11 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Yesterday dec 31 CW 165.4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: milk and coffee / lavish roll and Peanut Butter

Lunch: salmon and jalapeno/ raw veggies

Snack: broccoli puree

Dinner: red lentils and beef

Snack: bean and rice veggie chips
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Totals 1079 cals / 74g protien / 55g net carbs / 55g fat

well you seem to have managed to keep any NYE food shenanigans in check!