Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

[mention=360178]Cheeseburgh[/mention] time to just own it,you're a secret sailord5c56d6129e013faea75fd25a4e29d2e.jpg.8baed29d34e88474a705b8934da6b9af.jpg68e97323a29d8ba6ee9016c1709b8504.thumb.jpg.c0370c807e66165a998970835345180f.jpg
4319a9ec13997514b0e5d23e097989a3.jpg.fe14aad218c068a1ac17b4add5698c36.jpgd1936dad86224d4024350990225cbbf2.thumb.jpg.784786cfd05a067cc7530c8baf4556e8.jpg
975df432eb406cb1e4091d80491dc4b7.jpg.e89d8199a1c2be3d9b352184e3b00782.jpg7fee96c455984cee6fa52db01e088736.thumb.jpg.f9f1f9a10a844c9f131ce1162dfb50da.jpg

Lol!!! Looks spot on cheeseburgh[emoji1][emoji1] very chic!![emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Finally getting a chance to catch up. Everyone on here looks fab, sailors and praire chicks alike 😂!

For anyone who complimented the boho skirt, it is a bit of a grab bag situation, but a total bargain

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L8UPFA0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 9/2/2019 at 8:07 AM, Sheribear68 said:

Side question: how many of you guys are currently struggling to find your style?

I’ve spent so much of the last 20+ years wearing whatever I thought made me look the least fat

As I do this, I realize that I’m still gravitating to some of the “same old, same old” kinds of looks and I’m startled by the fact that I honestly have no idea (besides my necessary requirement for comfy shoes) what I want the new wardrobe to look like

I started out buying the same style in different sizes. Some clothes I literally purchased in a 20 > 16 > 12 > 8. Wrap dresses were my absolute go to. I still have some in my closet in my current size, but I really don't wear them often.

As I got close to goal, and being really happy with my figure, I started to branch out to styles I always admired on others.

I started out with pencil skirts, sheath dresses tucked in shirts/bodysuits, white pants etc. I sent pics to trusted friends and asked ... "Is my tummy too round for this" etc. Once I started getting positive feedback (and got to/below goal), I felt like hot sh*t honestly.

The next steps was exploring less form fitting outfits. In the past flow-y type cloths always made me feel even bigger. So I've since branched out to rompers, boho skirts, t-shirt dresses, palazzo pants etc.

So I guess it was a two stage process. First I needed to truly see my figure, with form fitting dresses etc. Once I accepted that I now looked like a normal thin person, I felt comfortable wearing all the clothes that normal thin people wear.

Funny thing is, my bf thinks I'm a very conservative dresser. I feel like I've gone absolutely wild. I can't imagine what he would have thought of my wardrobe pre WLS. 😂

3 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I can't imagine what he would have thought of my wardrobe pre WLS. 😂

He's a man. He would have thought about how to get you out of it 😉

On 09/03/2019 at 12:09, sillykitty said:

I started out buying the same style in different sizes. Some clothes I literally purchased in a 20 > 16 > 12 > 8. Wrap dresses were my absolute go to. I still have some in my closet in my current size, but I really don't wear them often.

As I got close to goal, and being really happy with my figure, I started to branch out to styles I always admired on others.

I started out with pencil skirts, sheath dresses tucked in shirts/bodysuits, white pants etc. I sent pics to trusted friends and asked ... "Is my tummy too round for this" etc. Once I started getting positive feedback (and got to/below goal), I felt like hot sh*t honestly.

The next steps was exploring less form fitting outfits. In the past flow-y type cloths always made me feel even bigger. So I've since branched out to rompers, boho skirts, t-shirt dresses, palazzo pants etc.

So I guess it was a two stage process. First I needed to truly see my figure, with form fitting dresses etc. Once I accepted that I now looked like a normal thin person, I felt comfortable wearing all the clothes that normal thin people wear.

Funny thing is, my bf thinks I'm a very conservative dresser. I feel like I've gone absolutely wild. I can't imagine what he would have thought of my wardrobe pre WLS. 😂

Yes I’m finding that I’m either holding onto things still that are waaaay too big, or I’m completely avoiding items that are flowy bc I’ve associated “flowy” with “hiding fat” for too long.
I bet eventually I get more comfy with different styles
Today I went to clothes mentor and bought several things.
I’m running late for Pilates, but here is a quick snapshot of some new jeans and a top I got.
The jeans are a size 10 from old navy and I’m floored they fit.
I think they’re a bit snug, but that could be DM.
The top is from Talbots and it’s a size medium.
Also a bit snug, but I’m currently buying for fall and a bit snug is fine since I plan on losing at least 15 more pounds

Lol, hit send before I posted the pic! I’m so scattered today

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Lol, hit send before I posted the pic! I’m so scattered today
image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.c8ab111f26b701ce8b4145f8631eab9b.jpg
Not snug at all and you look amazing!!! Beautiful curves/silhouette [emoji106][emoji108]🧡

Cute! And they don’t look snug in the least.

11 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Finally getting a chance to catch up. Everyone on here looks fab, sailors and praire chicks alike 😂!

For anyone who complimented the boho skirt, it is a bit of a grab bag situation, but a total bargain

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L8UPFA0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And ordered!

On 8/25/2019 at 1:49 PM, NYJenn said:
On 8/25/2019 at 1:15 PM, ms.sss said:

Looks like your wedding was a fun time :) There must be a good story to the paint.....??

(Now I'm off to dig up my wedding dress and take a pick of me in it...LOL)

I did a “trash the dress” for fun and my son took these amazing pictures for me

OOTD circa early 2000's...

K, found my wedding dress in the basement last week, and took these pics but forgot to post them! I weigh about 35-40 lbs less now than I did on my wedding day so its a little big on me now, hahaha. I'm cinching it from behind on the pics on the right to get an idea of what its supposed to look like....

On 9/2/2019 at 12:30 PM, Sheribear68 said:

Yeah, I’m definitely still in the “budget” phase because I’m hoping to go down at least one if not 2 sizes farther. I too will be open for advice and I too tend toward more, rather than less, conservative. 

I have been and will be in the budget phase my entire life. My Mom loved fashion and quality (designer) clothing. The fact that she and my Dad were both teachers (not wealthy) didn’t deter her, she was simply a fantastic shopper and rarely paid retail. That has been ingrained in me. I don’t have the same passion or the patience of scouring racks of clothing as she did though!

On 8/31/2019 at 2:04 PM, sillykitty said:

Super warm where I’m at this weekend. Heading out to do tourist stuff!

What a fabulous outfit!

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

OOTD circa early 2000's...

K, found my wedding dress in the basement last week, and took these pics but forgot to post them! I weigh about 35-40 lbs less now than I did on my wedding day so its a little big on me now, hahaha. I'm cinching it from behind on the pics on the right to get an idea of what its supposed to look like....

Maybe time for a vow renewal ceremony and gala celebration, Ms.sss?! Perhaps, re-purpose and redesign this gown for the New You? I think that would be so cool... Your hubby must be over the moon. We are planning our 25th Anniversary gala for Springtime May 2020. This is the dress (lace, velvet, taffeta in neutrals) I designed for the occasion along with bouquet + cake. Two of my original attendants/best friends will stand with me again (we have no children). They will carry the pattern and color for the silver anniversary. I'll have my first muslin dress fitting in late January 2020 - Working diligently towards my final 30 pound goal and maintenance, hopefully by that juncture. As a bride in 1995, I too, weighed much more. Not this time around - 60 pounds less come goal! Just call me the die hard romantic.

IMG_2263.jpeg

IMG_2266.jpeg

IMG_4821.jpeg

Maybe time for a vow renewal ceremony and gala celebration, Ms.sss?! Perhaps, re-purpose and redesign this gown for the New You? I think that would be so cool... Your hubby must be over the moon. We are planning our 25th Anniversary gala for Springtime May 2020. This is the dress (lace, velvet, taffeta in neutrals) I designed for the occasion along with bouquet + cake. Two of my original attendants/best friends will stand with me again (we have no children). They will carry the pattern and color for the silver anniversary. I'll have my first muslin dress fitting in late January 2020 - Working diligently towards my final 30 pound goal and maintenance, hopefully by that juncture. As a bride in 1995, I too, weighed much more. Not this time around - 60 pounds less come goal! Just call me the die hard romantic.
IMG_2263.thumb.jpeg.2ea14b490497d859aca95eea85de6e70.jpeg
IMG_2266.thumb.jpeg.d03c8ba2c5c8f0bd8f291a9d4729200c.jpeg
IMG_4821.thumb.jpeg.bec4dfbd71880371ce8a769013cc6aeb.jpeg
Absolutely gorgeous and truly truly ROMANTIC!!!!![emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Love everything about that design and plan!!

I told my husband about a renewal ceremony for our 15th anniversary 2020 and he just chuckled! Now I know I'm not crazy for the fantasy I have in my head [emoji5][emoji5]

Can't wait to see pics next year Sophie! You are incredibly talented. And you look amazing too!!🧡[emoji169]🧡[emoji169]