Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is it with the superior 'oldies'!!

Beka

With all this yapping, you all heve forgotten those of us in the middle. :omg: We are working on being condescending but not quite there yet. We also have a few ridiculous questions left. I think that there is too much attention paid to the oldies and newbies. We in the middle don't even have our own name. I think this some sort of violation of our rights. Would someone pay some attention to us?????? :heh:

Love to the newbies and the oldies and the sparklies and the nymphs and the ignorant and the condescending. I need all of you to make this journey a success.

:hug:

With all this yapping, you all heve forgotten those of us in the middle. :omg: We are working on being condescending but not quite there yet. We also have a few ridiculous questions left. I think that there is too much attention paid to the oldies and newbies. We in the middle don't even have our own name. I think this some sort of violation of our rights. Would someone pay some attention to us?????? :heh:

Love to the newbies and the oldies and the sparklies and the nymphs and the ignorant and the condescending. I need all of you to make this journey a success.

:hug:

trystelle,

you've lost over 100 pounds (!! :clap2: :clap2:). you are one of us now ... bring in the crown!! ;)

coffee wench. you are the oldest bandster that i have seen. ok, let me rephrase, you have had your band for longer than i have seen anyone have their band on here. what inspiration!!!!

i'm afraid that i won't be long term. i can't kick my sugar habit. i mean, i know i have to, but damn, i never knew it would be sooooooooooooo hard. i really think the diabetes hurts me too (as far as craving). i would like to make it one whole day without eating any sugar (regular sugar, like candy, chocolate, cookies). anyways..off subject, i know

but..i'm so glad you are hanging around here. i'm sure you have much wisdom to share.

JEEZ - it better NOT count. Because I dont want to admit what I was thinking about when I was drifting off last night. And it didnt involve my husband!

re: "laying in bed thinking of doing crunches - does that count??"

Too funny, last night I was laying in bed and was doing crunches.. Yep, I can lay there and do them and watch a little tv.. I'm a little sore this morning.

coffee wench. you are the oldest bandster that i have seen. ok, let me rephrase, you have had your band for longer than i have seen anyone have their band on here. what inspiration!!!!

i'm afraid that i won't be long term. i can't kick my sugar habit. i mean, i know i have to, but damn, i never knew it would be sooooooooooooo hard. i really think the diabetes hurts me too (as far as craving). i would like to make it one whole day without eating any sugar (regular sugar, like candy, chocolate, cookies). anyways..off subject, i know

but..i'm so glad you are hanging around here. i'm sure you have much wisdom to share.

If you make a separate post for this on a more "on-topic" board, I'd be happy to give you lots of suggestions for how to help beat this.

If you make a separate post for this on a more "on-topic" board, I'd be happy to give you lots of suggestions for how to help beat this.

This has to be one of the most classy posts I've seen in a while.

THIS is why we look up to the "oldies". :hail:

ok, ok, i'm an idiot and i was trying to hijack the thread, sorry i got lost in the moment, should have pm'd.

i'm learning my forum manners, GIVE ME TIME PEOPLE!

anyways, i just got all excited.

i've already posted my view on here, oldies are great..not condescending.

oh, and thanks for politely asking me to post elsewhere, but instead of doing a whole new thread when i'm only interested in your view, i pm'd.

Why is it that when people have been successful at something ie: losing weight with the band, they become the judge and jury of any person who is now coming up behind them. They seem to self proclaim themselves as 'better' than the 'others', in an elite group and in some instances more virtuous than the rest of us. What makes succeeding in weight loss the holy grail, and thus the people who achieve it more perfect, more intelligent and more entitled to an opinion? In my opinion it appears to have made people more obnoxious and self rightious,not to mention condescending.

But as I have not yet attained the 'holy-weight-loss-I-am-without-fault-and-know-everything' badge my opinion probably doesn't count.:faint:

Wow, I must be hanging out in the wrong places! This is a tough journey for all of us, and perhaps the more experienced bandsters feel more comfortable sharing their experiences. That is very different than being judge and jury - it is just relating experience. We all want to be successful, and we all have difficult periods.

I guess I would understand more if you were to call out some specifics instead of generalizing about the more experienced bandsters.

Chickie--love the new very sparkly signature!

I love it too. There is something there for everyone to hate. I am thoughtful like that :love:

Reading this post, I can't help but laugh--there is an almost identical post from an "experienced" person complaining about all the newbies questions!!

mary