Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, djgirl19 said:

Yea my surgeon made the comment that 50% of people who start the journey don’t make it to where we are. So if you’re doubting yourself right now, chew on that. It actually really boosted me from my doubts. I can do this. We can do this. We all want it and want success and a healthier life.

Oh wow, that's one heck of a statistic... makes me feel better even about how far I've come so far! I'm really glad you shared this, and yes, you're totally right... we want it, and we can all do it! *flexes*

Got my surgery 'soft scheduled' yesterday for June 17th. Just waiting on final insurance approval to get it set in stone!

1 minute ago, Batty2000 said:

My nutritionist said something similar. I guess quite a few people bail the month before. I do have to admit, I want to get it over with before I psych myself out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Batty,

You got this!!! We can and WILL do it!! Just think when you look back at your before pictures, It will be so worth it. It's like you are getting a new lease on life.

21 hours ago, Batty2000 said:

Just followed you! My Instagram is batty2000. I haven't posted much but plan to once I have more to share. Lol

Girl me too! I'm going to be posting so many cute pics that I will be Instagram famous lmao. Just kidding....but no really lmao

28 minutes ago, Batty2000 said:

My nutritionist said something similar. I guess quite a few people bail the month before. I do have to admit, I want to get it over with before I psych myself out.

Girl we got this!! I've been doing the same thing lol. My wonderful kids remind me that I'm fat all the time and that I need this to be able to be a good mom. I'll be healthy and show them how to live healthy. We are all surgery siblings so that means we will always lift each other up.

57 minutes ago, amauffert said:

Got my surgery 'soft scheduled' yesterday for June 17th. Just waiting on final insurance approval to get it set in stone!

Congrats! My surgery date is 2 days after yours.

1 minute ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

Congrats! My surgery date is 2 days after yours.

That's awesome! Our stats are similar too! I'm 5'2" and 238 lbs.

1 minute ago, amauffert said:

That's awesome! Our stats are similar too! I'm 5'2" and 238 lbs.

Wow they are close lol. Do you know if they're making you do a preop diet yet?

1 minute ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

Wow they are close lol. Do you know if they're making you do a preop diet yet?

Yes. All patients at my office have to do a minimum of one week of liquids. I think BMI >50 have to do 2 weeks of liquids. During that week I am allowed to have one cup of fruit and one cup of veggies a day too.

Hello all, I've been on this site since Feb, when I started my gastric sleeve journey. I have enjoy reading all the information and encouragement given here. I really enjoyed reading when people received their surgery date and wonder what I will feel like on the day I get mine. Well that day came today...5 June is the day. Now I truly understand what "nervousness and excitement" combined feels like. Wish me luck.

32 minutes ago, AshleyDosie said:

Yes. All patients at my office have to do a minimum of one week of liquids. I think BMI >50 have to do 2 weeks of liquids. During that week I am allowed to have one cup of fruit and one cup of veggies a day too.

We have to do 2 weeks and we can have: Mandatory 3 shakes a day for meals.

Snacks:

SF Jello, SF pudding, Decaf TEA/COFFEE, DIET SOFT drinks, YOGURT, SKIM MILK, SF POPSICLES, broth, and Water flavored with crystal light/mio

4 minutes ago, MLB357 said:

Hello all, I've been on this site since Feb, when I started my gastric sleeve journey. I have enjoy reading all the information and encouragement given here. I really enjoyed reading when people received their surgery date and wonder what I will feel like on the day I get mine. Well that day came today...5 June is the day. Now I truly understand what "nervousness and excitement" combined feels like. Wish me luck.

Welcome to our dysfunctional family :) congrats on your surgery date love!!! It's a wonderful feeling that we have so many other people who can relate to us.

7 minutes ago, MLB357 said:

MLB,

You Got This......... Looks like a lot of us will be going in the first week of June.

6 minutes ago, Purpledva said:

MLB,

You Got This......... Looks like a lot of us will be going in the first week of June.

That means you guys get to tell us all about it lol. So exciting.