Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 minutes ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

My husband and family have already been warned and I have a natural attitude already lmao. I really feel for them.

So far on my journey, I have given up sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and most recently, my e-cig... I'm honestly shocked that i haven't already seriously hurt somebody in my house! LOL

So far on my journey, I have given up sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and most recently, my e-cig... I'm honestly shocked that i haven't already seriously hurt somebody in my house! LOL
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] I haven't started yet. The biggest thing for me is psyching myself out mentally. I am sure I will be downright batty when I am in the preop diet phase but nothing worth having is easy. I want my 1985 body back. [emoji15] [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/30/2019 at 10:48 AM, NEGirl72 said:

Hi! I've been lurking without creating an account and when I saw this little June group I decided it was time to join! :)

I had my first meeting with a Dr on Jan 7th, went right into nutrition appts on Jan 17th and it was kind of a whirlwind after that with tests one after the other: Upper GI, EKG, stress test, ECG, sleep study...etc. I was cleared by all of the Dr's. The only thing wrong was sleep apnea, which was a bit of a surprise, so I've been using a CPAP machine since the end of March. I was cleared by nutrition in March after having lost 5% of my starting weight (part of my program instead of a liquid pre-op diet) and met with my surgeon last Friday to go over everything and sign consents. That made things more real! I'm awaiting surgery approval from insurance but don't expect any issues. My surgery date is June 17th!

I also love the Baritastic app! It definitely keeps me on track.

Hey!! Maybe I’ll get to see you that day! 😊

I had pre op nursing class this morning. This afternoon I have my pre op appointment with the surgeon. At the nutrition class we were told that the program didn't require a preop diet but the paperwork I have says the surgeon may require it so we will see.

So I didnt see a June thread and wanted to make one so we could all stay accountable and have a lot of good and bad experiences together!!! Introducing myself: My name is Kassandra, I am 27 years young, I have 3 great kids, a wonderful hubby, and 3 great cats. I'm a type 2 diabetic & have sleep apnea. I decided to do this to take my life back. I'm 5 ft 2 and 258 lbs. I had planned for the sleeve but my insurance won't cover it right now so RNY it is!

*also posted on bypass board*
Hi! My name is Sarah and I am scheduled for a VSG June 3rd!!! I have 4 kiddos, an awesome Boyfriend, 2 dogs and 2 goats. My highest wt was 349lbs. I've yo-yod for years and am currently sitting at 343lbs :/ I love volleyball, running and basketball and I can't wait to be able to do those things again.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s so strange how different surgeons are. I don’t have a pre op diet at all but will be making as many good choices as possible with a few last “treats” off and on. Things I know I won’t be eating again or for a long time. The good thing is I have been following the Protein first rule for a loooooong time now so I’m starting to crave protein more and more. I’m having a hard time believing this is happening in a few weeks.

No pre op liquid diet but I have been tracking calories and making better choices over the last 3 months and the surgeon was happy with the 10 pounds I've managed to lose since my last visit. I'm not since that's so little for 3 months although I really have only been getting stricter with myself for two months. Still not very much. I've done Keto and Atkins before so watching carbs and Protein is something I am familiar with. I'm getting gradually used to having 1200 calories or less a day. I've signed the consent forms.

I cleaned out two Grocery Outlet stores of Siggi's plain yogurt today. It was 2 for a dollar. 16 g of protein, 6 carbs, 4g of sugar and 90 calories. They are so creamy and delicious and provide a lot of protein. Usually they are 2.00 each at the other stores so I stocked up but it was maybe 8 or 9 in total. They mostly had the sugar filled flavored ones.

Well tomorrow is my visit with my surgeon. My surgery date is June 3rd. So I see I have a few surgery buddies. I am a bit nervous but I have been going back and forth for a few years now with the decision of WLS. So now It's time to put up and get my "1985" back. That is what I will call my post op body.... The 1985 Leda🤣

So I checked my BCBS app yesterday aaaannnnddd...... IM APPROVED!!! YAY!!! [emoji16][emoji8][emoji854][emoji7][emoji5]🤩[emoji847]

Took roughly a week, but of course it's a weekend now so itll be interesting to see how long it takes the office to call me to pick a date. So f-ing excited, dont know whether to laugh or cry or both.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

They just submitted on Friday, but that's I great idea to watch for it on the app. Good idea! Hopefully BCBS will come through as fast! [emoji256]

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app