Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, alex76 said:

Like you, I started years ago (2015), got to the end of process, and got denied by my insurance. I started in another district in January 2019 and immediately began the wls process when I found out I had coverage with my new insurance.

Im scheduled for RNY either June 26 or July 2. I'm a 42 year old high school teacher, so I'll be spending my summer break recovering/ enjoying my new life.

Welcome!!!! July 2nd is my birthday :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ashes22 said:

Hi there! I’m Ashlay. 38 years old until Wednesday and have one daughter. I originally started my journey in 2017 and got to the end of the process to learn my insurance had an exclusion. I no longer have that insurance and am scheduled for my fully covered duodenal switch on June 4th.

Welcome to our family!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, starladustangel said:

I don't have a required pre op diet but I figured I better start one with my surgery being two weeks away from Monday. It's been hard. My PCP gave me a phentermine prescription but I don't think I should be taking it with surgery so close.

I'd been replacing one meal with a shake for a few weeks. Yesterday I started replacing two meals.I am hoping it gets easier but I had a headache by the end of the day.

I got a phentermine prescription too but from my PCP. It's supposed to help with the liquid diet so I'm on day 2 of taking it and I start my liquid diet next Sunday. I hear the first few days of the liquid diet are a b***h.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2019 at 10:21 PM, JamesL73 said:

wow....this is like being in a huge family of nothing but sisters. But thats cool, I always wanted sisters anyway, I only had one miserable, drug addicted, brother who has caused nothing but pain to our family. ANYWAY.....

I went to Sams and bout about 300 dollars worth of Premier shakes and the Clear drinks, which taste ok but leave you with a very dry mouth so I really do not care for the Premier Clear Protein Drinks. Too bad I bout 5 cases. LOL

Surgery is 6/15 and I am only supposed to do a 2 week pre-op liquid diet but I have been trying my best to start it early. I have been doing ok but I find myself getting bored at night, especially since being laid off my job a couple nights ago. So I have been slipping in a meal or two of regular food. Still somewhat healthy and has Protein, like hamburger patties and sausage. Boredom is one of my worst enemies when it comes to eating. I have got to find something to occupy my time, something that won't cost money since I am jobless now.

I am also have a hard time weaning myself off the alcohol. I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic, but the last year os so I have found that a couple or a few glasses of Crown Royal or Vodka help me to fall asleep. I don't ever get hangovers and something tells me it is safer than taking sleeping pills (which never worked for me in the past anyway). But, I do know that I need to stop drinking soon and at least until a couple months post op, and even then, only vodka.

Anyway, Just figured I would jump on here and babble a bit rather that go look for food. LOL

I know some of you are starting Instagrams for this journey, If anyone is interested, I have one that is mostly of st journey with my VSG. I haven't posted in a while since gaining back a bunch of weight but I will probably start again with this upcoming revision. Feel free to follow me at JamesL_1973 and I will follow back. Look through my followers, there are a LOT of very inspiring people in there.

Welcome to our family. We all could use a brother lol. As far as finding something to occupy your time, what about volunteering at an animal shelter or something that you're passionate about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, michellehill said:

Hey Kassandra,
My name is Michelle and I'm 45 yrs old with 2 awesome sons and 2 totally amazing daughters. I've been fighting with obesity all my life and now that my lower back (L4 &L5) is completely shot and I have sleep apnea life has gotten more difficult. I'm the biggest I've ever been and am in total pain all day every day. People really try and tell me different ways to workout or go with them to their gym but they don't understand that the cartilage between the L4 &L5 is completely gone so that's bone on bone, and moving all this weight around is not the business. My sciatic nerve is always getting pinched between bone my right leg is always numb and the left is often numb as well and now I'm losing control of my bowls and often pee all over myself. I am also experiencing balancing issues and often catch myself B4 I fall. People look at me and thinks I'm a falling down drunk when I've giving up alchohol over 12 years ago. I then explain its nerve and spinal damage. I went to a 4 hour consultation on May 2, 2019 and I meet my surgeon on May 17 yesterday and he informed me that I have already lost 14 pounds and only need to lose 4 more pounds and they will schedule my surgery. I meet the nutritionist on Monday and believe I'll be 2 more pounds closer and hopefully they will go ahead and schedule my surgery. This is why I believe my surgery will be in June because in here in California and Kaiser has been doing them super quick. I have 3 friends that went from day 1 to surgery day in about 45 days to 60 day. I'm just so nervous about losing that extra 4 pounds and trying to keep it off till Dday. Anyways nice meeting you and will read others and praying for ea of us to be able to get surgery done in June so by Thanksgiving we will be able to eat more then a dinner roll LOL. I am getting the sleeve done. Praying for all our dreams to come true. (My dream is to not have to live in sheer and constant pain for the rest of my life)20190329_210626.jpeg 20171006_214946.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome lovely!!!! Omg I dont even want to think about Thanksgiving lmao. I often cough and pee or sneeze and pee and my sons think it's so funny. I get pissed lol. (Pun intended) but I'm ready to not have all this weight holding me back and making my life a living hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow a lot of us have birthdays soon too! I start my liver shrinking diet on the day before my birthday. At first I thought it would suck but I have started looking at it as a way to Celebrate without food.< /p>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/16/2019 at 23:21, JamesL73 said:



wow....this is like being in a huge family of nothing but sisters. But thats cool, I always wanted sisters anyway, I only had one miserable, drug addicted, brother who has caused nothing but pain to our family. ANYWAY.....




I went to Sams and bout about 300 dollars worth of Premier shakes and the Clear drinks, which taste ok but leave you with a very dry mouth so I really do not care for the Premier Clear Protein Drinks. Too bad I bout 5 cases. LOL




Surgery is 6/15 and I am only supposed to do a 2 week pre-op liquid diet but I have been trying my best to start it early. I have been doing ok but I find myself getting bored at night, especially since being laid off my job a couple nights ago. So I have been slipping in a meal or two of regular food. Still somewhat healthy and has Protein, like hamburger patties and sausage. Boredom is one of my worst enemies when it comes to eating. I have got to find something to occupy my time, something that won't cost money since I am jobless now.




I am also have a hard time weaning myself off the alcohol. I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic, but the last year os so I have found that a couple or a few glasses of Crown Royal or Vodka help me to fall asleep. I don't ever get hangovers and something tells me it is safer than taking sleeping pills (which never worked for me in the past anyway). But, I do know that I need to stop drinking soon and at least until a couple months post op, and even then, only vodka.




Anyway, Just figured I would jump on here and babble a bit rather that go look for food. LOL




I know some of you are starting Instagrams for this journey, If anyone is interested, I have one that is mostly of st journey with my VSG. I haven't posted in a while since gaining back a bunch of weight but I will probably start again with this upcoming revision. Feel free to follow me at JamesL_1973 and I will follow back. Look through my followers, there are a LOT of very inspiring people in there.


I have a IG account for my journey as well. Add me at fromfluffytofly.ds and I’ll follow you too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ashes22 said:

Wow a lot of us have birthdays soon too! I start my liver shrinking diet on the day before my birthday. At first I thought it would suck but I have started looking at it as a way to Celebrate without food.

I will hopefully moved to purees around my bday but I seriously doubt it lol. Wish they made a good birthday cake flavored Protein Powder lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/02/2019 at 01:44, ChelseaMari said:

Hi all.

So happy to see a June group! I have been cleared for surgery, BCBS insurance approved June 3rd surgery date for RNY. I'm super excited. Married, 43, with 2 kids and I have been overweight since my last child....shes 14!!!!
5'6",
CW 242
GW 142
Comorbidities and medication: high blood pressure, depression, anxiety

I'm planning to go back to a Keto household to support my new way of eating.

Let's prep since it's almost time: what checklists have you completed so far?
Me: all Vitamins purchased, apps downloaded (my fitness pa, bariatastic, this one), purchased a bunch of comfy transitions clothes-yoga pants and cute off the shoulder tops, personal measuring cups and plates, meal prep containers, bone broths, Jello packs, etc., after surgery scar gel....
What things have you done to prep? Let's exchange tips and ideas. [emoji847]




Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Omg after reading your post I feel so unprepared. I guess I better kick my butt into gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a phentermine prescription too but from my PCP. It's supposed to help with the liquid diet so I'm on day 2 of taking it and I start my liquid diet next Sunday. I hear the first few days of the liquid diet are a b***h.
My paperwork says all liquids 3 days before surgery but no instructions before then. I am trying to ease myself into it gradually

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/06/2019 at 15:39, BulletWithButterflyWings said:



How is everyone doing? When are yall starting your liquid diet?


I start my liquid diet Tuesday. Luckily on our plan, we get to have 2 full meals per week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/14/2019 at 20:19, BulletWithButterflyWings said:



Ugh is anyone else going off the rails a little?! I've been eating foods that are so shitty for me after doing amazing on my diet for the last 6 months. I'm supposed to start my 2 week liquid diet on June 5th BUT I'm going to do a 3 or 4 week liquid or low carb diet to get back on track. I plan on starting that this coming Sunday.


I’ve been eating everything that I shouldn’t have. 🤦🏾‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg after reading your post I feel so unprepared. I guess I better kick my butt into gear.
No need to panic...little by little. This payday, I purchased my 3lb unflavored Isopure Protein powder, isopure refreshingly light fruit flavor, extra strength chewable gas x, pill organizer, BariMelts (multivitamin, Biotin, Iron with c, Calcium, B12, and ADEK), 3 boxes of lipton cream of chicken, 2 boxes of lipton onion Soup, cream of wheat, instant mashed potatoes.
Next payday will be the $40 hydracoach water bottle to remind me to drink and monitor my amounts. Then I'm off to surgery on June 3!

I have hydrating moisturizers for my skin to prevent rapid aging, stretchmarks and looking old. Nivea, Eucerine, and Codi with olive oil. I have two leftover 3 lbs Isagenix Meal Replacement protein mixes and some PBFit that I plan to incorporate into my new life.

Doing food funerals for the past 2 weeks and as we speak. Last pay period was steak, sushi, candy bars, juice it up smoothies, Chinese food, scalloped potatoes, candy bar, soda.

Today, I'm about to whoop some crab and butter's ass.

Fat me is trying to give future skinny me a bunch of embarrassing and shameful stories and I don't even care.

[emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, starladustangel said:

My paperwork says all liquids 3 days before surgery but no instructions before then. I am trying to ease myself into it gradually

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm supposed to do 14 days but I'm going to do 21 just to make sure I'm good to go. Surgeon said my BMI isnt super high and my labs last month looked good so he's not really worried that my liver will be huge but I think "better safe than sorry". I have to get my labs rechecked June 3rd for June 19th surgery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChelseaMari said:

Fat me is trying to give future skinny me a bunch of embarrassing and shameful stories and I don't even care.



Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Omg hahahahah same here. I know I'm probably going to die of embarrassment in a few years but at least it's better than dying from being fat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ms.sss

      So my surgery anniversary date is on the 24th of this month, but I had my 1-year follow up early with my surgeon this morning (I have another 1-year followup at the hospital on Monday to get my bloodwork and labs done).
      Anyhoo...my surgeon was very pleased with my results (and so where the office staff apparently, because 3 of the front desk ladies came by my exam room to give me props/high fives/generally gawk at me).
      But get this: he asked if I would be willing to come in for a future photoshoot so that I could be on a poster! And I was all, ummmm....no thanks, LOL.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Today was a really tough day and I turned to food (and a watered down glass of wine). The interesting part was that I felt REALLY full after eating half my go to cheat snack, tortilla chips with cheese. So the GBP is doing its job!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nomorepasta

      Does anyone know how to change specific info on ur profile ex. Surgery date weight etc. ?..
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      The only way I can tell that I'm losing weight is from the scale and my clothes "getting bigger".
      · 1 reply
      1. nenes78

        When logged in, click on your username up top then choose my surgery, from there choose your option on the left menu. Or click the link https://www.bariatricpal.com/patients/portal/?do=progress

    • GreenTealael

      Still Traveling 😥😌😳😂
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×