Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

I'm supposed to do 14 days but I'm going to do 21 just to make sure I'm good to go. Surgeon said my BMI isnt super high and my labs last month looked good so he's not really worried that my liver will be huge but I think "better safe than sorry". I have to get my labs rechecked June 3rd for June 19th surgery

I slipped up and ate some grilled chicken and veggies at lunch instead of a Protein Shake. At least it was healthy. Doing a ton of housework for our landlord's annual inspection so I think the activity is why I was hungry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm supposed to do 14 days but I'm going to do 21 just to make sure I'm good to go. Surgeon said my BMI isnt super high and my labs last month looked good so he's not really worried that my liver will be huge but I think "better safe than sorry". I have to get my labs rechecked June 3rd for June 19th surgery
I start my pre-OP diet on Friday. So it's liquids all day and a very small meal at night. I can have three ounces of chicken and one cup of vegetables for dinner. No fruit. I'm making a costco run tomorrow for Soup. I'm pretty stocked on the shakes. I did order a bunch of sugar free Torani syrups on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2019 at 7:14 PM, Batty2000 said:

I start my pre-OP diet on Friday. So it's liquids all day and a very small meal at night. I can have three ounces of chicken and one cup of vegetables for dinner. No fruit. I'm making a costco run tomorrow for Soup. I'm pretty stocked on the shakes. I did order a bunch of sugar free Torani syrups on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

I get nothing but liquids. At least I can have sf pudding and sf Jello lol. I also get diet coke but I may just quit my carbonated drink habit now so that it's not so hard after. I made some chicken Bone Broth to freeze so that I have that done and i need to start making my jello and pudding to store for my liquid diet but it can be so overwhelming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2019 at 3:44 PM, starladustangel said:

I slipped up and ate some grilled chicken and veggies at lunch instead of a Protein Shake. At least it was healthy. Doing a ton of housework for our landlord's annual inspection so I think the activity is why I was hungry

Probably. I've got a list of housework and errands to fo before surgery that I've slowly been working on and I get soooo hungry. At night especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been busy over the weekend getting my house (and me) in order for surgery. It is officially 2 weeks from today 😲. I am getting both excited and nervous. Since I will be on my all liquid diet next week, I was searching for a few Protein Shake alternatives to premier. Since, I haven't tasted premier I didn't want to spend the 💲 for a case of shakes that I might not like. Well I found a reasonable alternative.

This tastes pretty good and was only $14.50 per case(12 in a case). The only thing bad I have to say about them is it tastes so much better cold.

20190520_090357.thumb.jpg.c3b0eafa129c6f60f7397170ac1998f7.jpg

I've ordered my month's supply of patch Vitamins. My doctor is recommending that we have them for the first month then we are free to pursue which vitamins we like. Except NO Gummies....

I made one of my favorite dishes last night............Chicken Marsala with fresh Pasta and sauteed spinach. I know I will not be having that in a long time so I was deserving. This weekend is Memorial Day Weekend..........I have sponsoring the cookout on Sunday and will view it as my last supper😁. Then on Monday...........The liquid diet begins. So to keep my mind strong........ I will be doing a lot of reading and watching a lot courses/classes on the Great Courses website. I keep telling myself I am mentally strong and CAN and WILL handle this........... because the "1985 Purpledva" is calling!!🤣

JuneBunch.........We Got This!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Purpledva, you are going into the Final Countdown, A very exciting time period, a little scary but now all the prep pays off and on a couple weeks I will welcome you to the Post-Surgery side🎪, it's different here but I think You Will Like It!😝👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Frustr8 said:

Well Purpledva, you are going into the Final Countdown, A very exciting time period, a little scary but now all the prep pays off and on a couple weeks I will welcome you to the Post-Surgery side🎪, it's different here but I think You Will Like It!😝👍

Frustr8,

Over the past few days, the other was extremely nice, I got in about 4-5 miles per day for the last 4 days. Now it's cloudy and cool today. So maybe I can sneak a good walk or two. I got on the scale this morning and couldn't believe my eyes. I had lost 2 pounds. You Go Girl!!!!!!! Just wait until after surgery........ I am in it to win it. It is a long time coming. Anywho................... The liquid diet phase shouldn't be that bad. For about a month or so, I have been doing the intermittent fasting (somewhat of a diet/fasting) and it wasn't that bad. The first day or so were rough but as time went on I adjusted. So this will be the final week for all those lovely food items that I will have to shake off.

And yes my friend.... I can't wait to join you and the others on the other side😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Purpledva said:

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been busy over the weekend getting my house (and me) in order for surgery. It is officially 2 weeks from today 😲. I am getting both excited and nervous. Since I will be on my all liquid diet next week, I was searching for a few Protein Shake alternatives to premier. Since, I haven't tasted premier I didn't want to spend the 💲 for a case of shakes that I might not like. Well I found a reasonable alternative.

This tastes pretty good and was only $14.50 per case(12 in a case). The only thing bad I have to say about them is it tastes so much better cold.

20190520_090357.thumb.jpg.c3b0eafa129c6f60f7397170ac1998f7.jpg

I've ordered my month's supply of patch Vitamins. My doctor is recommending that we have them for the first month then we are free to pursue which Vitamins we like. Except NO Gummies....

I made one of my favorite dishes last night............Chicken Marsala with fresh Pasta and sauteed spinach. I know I will not be having that in a long time so I was deserving. This weekend is Memorial Day Weekend..........I have sponsoring the cookout on Sunday and will view it as my last supper😁. Then on Monday...........The liquid diet begins. So to keep my mind strong........ I will be doing a lot of reading and watching a lot courses/classes on the Great Courses website. I keep telling myself I am mentally strong and CAN and WILL handle this........... because the "1985 Purpledva" is calling!!🤣

JuneBunch.........We Got This!!!!

This is the brand I buy as well. It's not bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s official, I’m getting a bit anxious (as in nervous). I’m determined, but my determination is also leading to nerves. June 17th is coming faster than I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Janet G Burch said:

Well it’s official, I’m getting a bit anxious (as in nervous). I’m determined, but my determination is also leading to nerves. June 17th is coming faster than I thought.

I'm the 17th too and as soon as May 17th came and went I can't stop thinking about it being less than a month away! I'm so busy between now and then with work and a high school graduation and party that I suspect the time is going to fly by. This weekend I'm going to get the last of my prep supplies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 12th, very nervous, Glad I found this forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 12th, very nervous, Glad I found this forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn53521 said:

June 12th, very nervous, Glad I found this forum

Brooklyn,

Welcome to the JuneBunch. You will do just fine. Although, my surgery date is June 3rd (and I am new to the WLS community), this place is awesome for support/education. And you just might pick up a friend or 2. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NE girl 172, Wal-Mart has on their grocery side little 2 oz cups with lids, suspect it was taking things like Salad Dressing, musturd,ketchup to work for lunch, but I use them for 2 oz of things. Didn't cost much for 50, pitch them most of the times when I'm through, although I have rinsed and reused. Precious Pouch,likes me to drink 2 oz of fluids at a time, so they work good for that. She may be 8.5 months old but she can be a bee-och at times. Like the line from Rumpole of the Bailey, a PBS show, Precious is definitely " She who must be Obeyed" , and some foods, she has no sense of humor for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I hope you" June Bugs" don't mind me hanging with you some, the camaraderie here is great! I will be one year on September 5th, but my recovery is weird,somethings I am not so far ahead of you "NOT-YETTERS " as you would think. I have had strictures,ulcerations of my jejunem, Protein anemia, malnourishment, a week re-hospitalization,A PICC line inserted and was on TPN supplementation 12 hours a day for 3 months, dropped the extra weight after that 30 pounds in a month, and now I am losing like I should have in the begining. Now 214 down from 365+, ready to go into 18s after being a 28-30W and I am THRILLED. My future RNY sisters, don't worry that you will emulate me, I just healed weird, I am 73 years old, that might have some bearings but I am so SPECIAL it STINKS! But I remain basically upbeat, there is enough GOOD happening to outweigh the BAD. A twisted path to recovery but I shall make it and so shall each and every one of YOU! ❤you all! FRUSTR 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ms.sss

      So my surgery anniversary date is on the 24th of this month, but I had my 1-year follow up early with my surgeon this morning (I have another 1-year followup at the hospital on Monday to get my bloodwork and labs done).
      Anyhoo...my surgeon was very pleased with my results (and so where the office staff apparently, because 3 of the front desk ladies came by my exam room to give me props/high fives/generally gawk at me).
      But get this: he asked if I would be willing to come in for a future photoshoot so that I could be on a poster! And I was all, ummmm....no thanks, LOL.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Today was a really tough day and I turned to food (and a watered down glass of wine). The interesting part was that I felt REALLY full after eating half my go to cheat snack, tortilla chips with cheese. So the GBP is doing its job!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nomorepasta

      Does anyone know how to change specific info on ur profile ex. Surgery date weight etc. ?..
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      The only way I can tell that I'm losing weight is from the scale and my clothes "getting bigger".
      · 1 reply
      1. nenes78

        When logged in, click on your username up top then choose my surgery, from there choose your option on the left menu. Or click the link https://www.bariatricpal.com/patients/portal/?do=progress

    • GreenTealael

      Still Traveling 😥😌😳😂
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×