Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@beautifuldaymonster wishing you all the best. I hope you are recovering well.

@ThinT Hope you’re doing well this morning.

Doing very well without the nausea. But I’m sure the pain meds are helping a lot. Thankfully I’m able to take sips of Water.

I hope everyone is doing really well. I had a small hiccup in my pre-op diet on the weekend. But back on track. My weight has gone down a little.

It’s 8 sleeps till I’m on my way to hospital and surgery day. I just want it to be here already. I feel like I’ve been in a holding pattern.

Anyway I have things to keep me busy till then.

After all my years of dieting and to-yo weight. Part of me is ambivalent about that feeling of waiting till my weight has gone right down that I’ll be happy at the end. (I used to have a lot of attachment to ‘a certain weight making me happiest’. I know that’s not the case since I reached it quite a few times and there was still life to deal with and then I was afraid of staying there, keeping my weight.

So a part of me is slightly excited to be getting rid of this weight to have my life back so that my knees, back don’t hurt. I can actually start to go walking and not be embarrassed and not be in pain and more importantly I need to get fitter.

I think part of me is a little scared and also a bit teary I’m doing something for myself. It’s been a while since I’ve been kind to me/looking after myself. I’ve fallen down so many times in the last 4 years, yet still get back up. I’m a little worried about falling down and not picking myself up. I have isolated myself due to my weight and stopped seeing friends, going out. Feeling a bit daunted by all the change that is going to come and a teeny part of me scared that it won’t come. However I can only take one day at a time.

Clearly I’m reflecting on a lot today.

Anyone reading this, I am ok. Just feeling my feelings in a good way. Must be some grieving for what has happened. Finally reached the surface to start paddling and moving towards being more functional in all areas of life.

I’m wishing everyone in April all the very best. Be well, I hope anyone in recovery from surgery is doing really great - May it all go smoothly, if there is any pain or difficulties it will pass take deep breathes and think of the bigger picture. (Clearly notify a nurse or your Dr if you’re in pain - I’m just wanting to reassure that any tough bits we will get through it)

8 sleeps, hurry up already!

Much love & peace to all.

The Flintstones 6’0”

Start weight 310.2 lbs

Current weight 296.56 lbs

Surgery date 10th April, 2019.

Goal weight 167.2 lbs

Lets do this. So grateful for this forum and being able to see others who are going through same surgery & their journeys.

😎🤗

Hi Lizjen congratulations on your approval, my surgery is April 11th my starting weight 350 im down 10 pounds since i started the liquid diet its hard in the beginning but it gets easier

Hi Lizjen congratulations on your approval, my surgery is April 11th my starting weight 350 im down 10 pounds since i started the liquid diet its hard in the beginning but it gets easier
Thanks! I am praying for guidance because I know it can be hard. That is awesome Aprill 11th! Congratulations yourself!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

From the earlier today. Feeling better. It was tough there for a couple hours but finally the pain is more manageable and I’m able to get some decent sleep.

image-0.0109672546386719.jpg

Weak and resting. Soooper pain and nausea. Do not regret a thing. More later when stronger and fully awake.

@okutsusavannah I don’t think it’s particularly appropriate that you share on this site and forum asking for money. I realise you are asking for a minimal amount. It’s just not appropriate to do so, I’m sure you have your own social media you could let friends know and they can share from there.

@okutsusavannah

I’d suggest creating social media accounts and doing it there.

Yes, you are actually specifically targeting people whom are having the same surgery that you say you need. However, you are specifically posting/targeting people who will identify with needing the surgery however in this particular forum and site you’ve chosen to post is to people whom are quite highly emotional due to pending surgery and in most people’s good nature they would want to help someone whom they feel is in the same spot as them, I just don’t think being how highly pre-occupied with a massive life change for people that it’s particularly fair to come and post here for your surgery needs.

I also viewed your gofund me page and you do not list a real name, where you would be having the surgery, which Dr and showing quite an open accountability as to your actual intentions and references to your social media (which you say you do not have - and even though they could also be setup as fake accounts)

I’d rather see a lot more detail and even then it’s still not appropriate.

I wish you all the best. I straight away thought oh, yeah how nice to give to someone but I thought I have no idea who this person is. I would like to make people aware/question how valid your intentions are.