Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alwzla do you feel prepared? I’m planning on finishing shopping for what I need this weekend and then pack for the hospital. I can’t believe it’s next week.

Hello everyone. April 1st sleeve surgery here. Surgery went fine but had a first bad night. Nausea and vomiting but felt like a new person the next morning. My bp skyrocketed and I ran a fever but all gone today. Pain is minimal but it is hard getting Water down. I want you to know that we all respond differently but even that minor complication isn't going to stop me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Haha I threw up right in front of the surgeon! I don't remember seeing her in the room when my barf attack hit but she told me about it in detail, she witnessed it for sure. Like you, Cowgirl, I have been having a little trouble keeping hydrated but it's getting better. You'll be good at it in no time! Just heal, concentrate on healing, girl, you've got this!

On 04/03/2019 at 21:27, beautifuldaymonster said:

Haha I threw up right in front of the surgeon! I don't remember seeing her in the room when my barf attack hit but she told me about it in detail, she witnessed it for sure. Like you, Cowgirl, I have been having a little trouble keeping hydrated but it's getting better. You'll be good at it in no time! Just heal, concentrate on healing, girl, you've got this!

Do they remove the iv immediately after? I totally forgot to ask that !

24 minutes ago, naiad said:
38 minutes ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Do they remove the iv immediately after? I totally forgot to ask that !

They kept my IV until immediately before I was discharged. With it they put bags of different liquid medicines into me like potassium, phosphorus, antiemetics and pain killers. They did not remove it until my doctor said I was discharged. Plus they will probably make you grip the IV stand as you walk laps in the hospital and to use the bathroom. They did to me.

They did remove the oxygen tubes from my nose pretty early though. They got removed shortly after I got moved to a hospital room. But IV definitely stayed in, the entire time.

Surgery is in less than 7 hours and I’m so nervous I could vomit. It’s funny the surgery doesn’t scare me as much as my mom shunning me because of it and I’m scared of the horrible back pain I get in hospital beds. Can’t decide if I should just stay awake or nap for 2 hours.

On my way to the surgery center!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

@iamgroot good luck!! Thinking about you, sending good vibes your way! You got this!!

12 hours ago, foxynigeria said:

1st time poster,

Date April 16
Gastric Sleeve
Height? 5'4"
Starting weight? 295
Goal weight? 165

Currently on day two of the pre OP Liver Shrinkage Diet.
Live in South London, England.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We have around the same beginning stats!

I go for the sleeve 04/08.

Good luck with your pre op diet!

Good luck to my April 4th surgery group! Our day is finally here! I hope you all have an easy surgery and a fast and easy recovery!