Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

10 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

You know it’s so funny I am still on auto pilot with my eating and so forth. When my husband asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday immediately I was like Ruth Chris. Then I realized... what’s the point? I think we’re still going to go out to dinner tomorrow night and I will just split with him!

It’s been a major adaptation for him too because he was like a wild animal with his plate when I first started asking him to split with me. You would’ve thought it was his last meal on earth. Now that we’ve been out to eat a few times he can tell it’s such a waste for me to order a whole meal for myself. So I think he is starting to release the death grip on his plate and just order a little larger portion and share.

Everythinganna--same for me! I have SO many places I wanted to go for Mother's Day but then I realized...meh...it wouldn't be worth it. I love looking over menus but hate wasting food so I usually just pick from my husband's plate and try to make eating 6 bites last as long as possible. I ordered a kid's quesadilla from Chili's the other night and it was way too greasy. I was good and ordered the steam broccoli as a side and got the chocolate milk so my husband could have it. I picked the cheese off and downed some broccoli stems and then I was like, I'm done! I was shocked at how much my daughter and husband could eat in that same amount of time. Don't the portions look so huge and overwhelming when ya'll go out to eat now? Amazing.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:25 AM, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so since today was my 90 day surgiversary I got on the scale mid-week.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

I’ve lost exactly zero ounces since Sunday. 😩😩😩

Anyway, I still plastered a fake smile on because it is time for progress pics.

Forgive the look, but it’s my day off and I’m about to head out for Pilates. Slept like crap last night because we had t-storms all night and the cats were freaking out.
Think I got about 3 hrs sleep all added together....

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

You go girl! Thanks for posting. Love seeing progress photos. You look great despite the lack of sleep!

Yes, the portions look crazy big. Even when I weigh out 2oz of a shredded meat it looks like a huge portion to me now.

I was just telling my husband, it seems like I eat less food now than I did 2 weeks ago. I’m almost 3 months out but am getting fuller now on less food.

On 05/10/2019 at 19:35, taylormomto6 said:

Yes, the portions look crazy big. Even when I weigh out 2oz of a shredded meat it looks like a huge portion to me now.

I was just telling my husband, it seems like I eat less food now than I did 2 weeks ago. I’m almost 3 months out but am getting fuller now on less food.< /div>
This!!!
I swear my tummy has regressed in the last 3 weeks and can’t hold as much.

Today I didn’t even eat half of what I brought to work (which would’ve only totaled 350 calories) and then we did early Mother’s Day dinner with my daughter,mother, and hubs since I’ve got to work 7-7 both days this weekend.
I ordered my fave tuna sashimi and miso Soup and got through—maybe— 6 spoonfuls of soup and 3 bites of tuna and 1 piece gyoza before I had to call it quits.

It’s weird because I really thought I’d be starving after not much food today, but I just can’t seem to hold as much as before.
I guess as long as my current energy levels stay the same and I don’t start having massive tufts of hair fall out, I’ll be okay with this.
Heck, I’m a 50yo woman who works like a maniac 40hrs/week and exercises all of the time so I guess I won’t worry too much yet.

I bought one of those home meals at the store the other day. It was chicken fajitas.

I ate it and thought I was going to throw up. Not sure if I ate it too fast or the spice? My stomach has been tender ever since.

I have only throw bile up once, but this was a horrific experience. It's such a chore to find foods that don't hurt. I'm not a cooker much. I'm loving off yogurt and more yogurt. Ugh

The struggle is real!

I gotta start getting on the ‘sharing’ plate routine but when in London you order

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Taylor: I feel the same! Like
I tried to gorge in month two and now I’m eating even less than I was and I’m at three months tomorrow. I think everyone just hits that reality of what you can and can’t handle.

It’s interesting, I see/read people saying eating too much hurts but I haven’t really experienced that. I just kind of lose interest and stop eating or just eat my measured portion and I’m done. I’m not convinced my pouch would stop me from overeating. I guess it’s possible that I haven’t pushed the limits far enough to hurt, but on occasion I have eaten more than I think I should be able to eat, so I don’t really know. I have just reverted to weighing/measuring and trying to be conscious of when I’m satisfied and stopping there.

The only time I’ve had pain was from not chewing well enough and maybe eating too fast.

I feel like how much food I can hold varies from day to day. Stress plays a big part. Pre-surgery I was a stress and emotional eater. Now it's the opposite. If I'm stressed I have little interest in food and go back to Protein Shakes because it's an easy way to make sure I'm getting some calories and Protein in.

4 hours ago, Dubchild said:

I gotta start getting on the ‘sharing’ plate routine but when in London you order

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Breakfast in London! I love how you picked at a little bit of everything.

1 hour ago, NYC_PAULA said:

I feel like how much food I can hold varies from day to day. Stress plays a big part. Pre-surgery I was a stress and emotional eater. Now it's the opposite. If I'm stressed I have little interest in food and go back to Protein Shakes because it's an easy way to make sure I'm getting some calories and Protein in.

NYC--I do not really attribute stress to not wanting to eat, but I do often default to a Protein Shake because it's so easy. I don't feel like thinking about figuring out what to eat and sometimes see my options as so limited that I grab a shake. I still have my Protein shake as Breakfast in my car during my commute to work but it's when I eat a small amount at dinner I wait for an hour or so and then feel hunger so I grab a shake. The shakes are definitely the easiest options for me. I worry I this habit may lead to eventually taking in too many calories. Not sure why the food industry hasn't come up with premade "bariatric meals" yet! Might be a great business to start!

52 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

NYC--I do not really attribute stress to not wanting to eat, but I do often default to a Protein Shake because it's so easy. I don't feel like thinking about figuring out what to eat and sometimes see my options as so limited that I grab a shake. I still have my Protein shake as Breakfast in my car during my commute to work but it's when I eat a small amount at dinner I wait for an hour or so and then feel hunger so I grab a shake. The shakes are definitely the easiest options for me. I worry I this habit may lead to eventually taking in too many calories. Not sure why the food industry hasn't come up with premade "bariatric meals" yet! Might be a great business to start!

Gotta, I totally agree--I fall back on shakes as my default whenI don't want to figure out how to get my Protein from "real" food, which can be exhausting at times, especially at work. However, my nutritionist told me last week that she wants to to wean myself off of shakes. She says one per day for now, but going down to zero as soon as possible.

I attended a wedding today, which was quite a challenge. They had a lovely buffet, and I had some cheese, a slice of salami, three or four cracker, and fresh fruit (strawberries, blackberries and raspberries). I probably didn't get much Protein, but I think I was basically a good boy. 🙂

Edited by Recidivist

1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

Gotta, I totally agree--I fall back on shakes as my default whenI don't want to figure out how to get my Protein from "real" food, which can be exhausting at times, especially at work. However, my nutritionist told me last week that she wants to to wean myself off of shakes. She says one per day for now, but going down to zero as soon as possible.

Oh no, you are being weaned off? I'm going to have to ask my NUT at my next post op if she wants me to do the same. I do know that I am supposed to be getting a larger variety of Proteins, but I don't want to give up my morning Protein Shake. Noooooooooo.😞