Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 05/12/2019 at 18:11, Gottajustdoit said:

Oh, I'm so sorry EmzBee. You are having such a hard time with nausea and vomiting. I chew a million times before swallowing and only eat about 6-8 bites. I'm sure you are eating tiny bites too. I feel so awful for those of you suffering nausea. I have emetophobia (how do you spell that!) which is a fear of vomiting. I've had nausea, but it's been rare (dry heaving). I freak out. I can imagine how awful you must feel. I'm sure I'll experience it more often as I try new foods.

Same.
I have such a phobia of vomiting that I’ve been known to spend hours upon hours miserable during my lifetime when throwing up would’ve made me feel so much better. I literally just cannot physically bear the thought of it. 🤷‍♀️
When I tell people I haven’t vomited once during chemo, or pregnancies, drinking too much, or stomach viruses or bariatric surgery they look at me with skepticism, but it’s the absolute truth.

I think what’s helped me more than anything with this experience is that I too am an extremely cautious eater. The instant I feel anything going on with my new sleeve, I immediately set down my fork and I’ve even stopped with a bite of food mid-way to my mouth.

After I get over the feeling of sadness, I’m happy because of the smaller, fitter me

On 05/12/2019 at 10:06, Everythinganna said:

Sheribear my scale was def broken!!! It’s now saying I’ve lost 9 pounds since Friday (I’m liking this better!). Not sure if I trust it or not, but I’m liking the new number!

I knew it!!!!

Oh, and happy belated birthday 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Went out for Mother's day yesterday to my favourite Mexican restaurant. Big mistake. I managed a few sips of my margarita and 3 chips and I was full. I did try (god knows why I didn't just give up at that point... habit I guess) to eat some of the quesadilla I ordered but ended up in the bathroom throwing up. So, I now know that going out to eat is not part of my celebrations anymore. At least I know now - the hard way - but I can make some changes.

13 minutes ago, froufrou said:

Went out for Mother's day yesterday to my favourite Mexican restaurant. Big mistake. I managed a few sips of my margarita and 3 chips and I was full. I did try (god knows why I didn't just give up at that point... habit I guess) to eat some of the quesadilla I ordered but ended up in the bathroom throwing up. So, I now know that going out to eat is not part of my celebrations anymore. At least I know now - the hard way - but I can make some changes.

Oh no!! So sorry to hear this!

On 05/13/2019 at 09:06, froufrou said:

Sorry to hear this!
I’m willing to bet your tummy couldn’t handle the sugars in the margarita.

Honestly I’m almost as sad thinking about the awesome drinks I won’t be able to tolerate as much as the thought of missing some of the food.

I guess in a way I’m lucky that I had to work all weekend because it eliminated the availability for my family to do anything special for Mother’s Day. Lol, kinda hard for your family to try to over feed you when you’re working 34 hours from Friday through Sunday

I just feel - like some people have mentioned - that my stomach is even smaller now! I am just having such a hard time with the psychological piece of this... altering my mind to fit my new way of eating and living.

Well, after nearly two weeks of stalling at 188, I've lost four pounds in a day. Not sure why it happened, but I'll take it!

My next challenge: I'm turning 60 next week and will going on an Alaska cruise with twelve of my good friends. I actually think that the buffet will be my friend, because I can take only what I can eat of the right things--easier than a sit-down dinner. (I happen to love cold shrimp, and they are usually easy to find on cruises!)

A cruise with friends sound fun! Happy 60th! I find it much easier to eat at a buffet-type restaurant than ordering off a menu because yes, you can pick and choose Proteins to eat and just take what you need. An Alaskan cruise is on my bucket list. Have fun!!!!!

On 05/13/2019 at 18:57, Recidivist said:

Well, after nearly two weeks of stalling at 188, I've lost four pounds in a day. Not sure why it happened, but I'll take it!

My next challenge: I'm turning 60 next week and will going on an Alaska cruise with twelve of my good friends. I actually think that the buffet will be my friend, because I can take only what I can eat of the right things--easier than a sit-down dinner. (I happen to love cold shrimp, and they are usually easy to find on cruises!)

Very nice!
Well my losses are slowing down even more than usual.
I just did my tracker for May and I’ve lost 3.6 pounds since May 1st.
It’s gonna be tough to hit my goal of 10 pounds/month at this rate.
Fingers crossed I can hit the 180’s by June, but today I weighed in at 194.4 so it’s not looking promising.

One day—just one day— I’d love to have a loss of 2-3 pounds. Not sure why my body seems physically unable to have a fast “whoosh” anywhere along this whole process.

Sheri- maybe it will happen very soon. I’ve said before, my weight loss has a pattern. I lose between 2-4 lbs over 2-3 days, then the next few days I’ll bounce up, come back to my low and then lose again 2-3 days. Even though I know this, I often have to look back at my history to see when the scale dropped last because it can feel like weeks even though it usually only been 5 or 6 days.

Hello everyone,

So I had my surgery on 2/21/2019 which is almost 3 months ago. I lost 7 pounds on pre op diet and after surgery, I lost exactly 30 pounds since then. today I weigh 225 pounds. My surgery was revision from lap band to gastric sleeve so my surgeon told me to expect weight loss at a slower rate than patients who only had the gastric sleeve. Yet following everyone here I feel that I am way behind on the weight loss. I think it is because I feel hungry all the time and that is why I am not able to eat as healthy as I should. I am going to see my surgeon tomorrow. What is the deal with this hunger and how do I get over it?

I had a miserable day today. I have had severe stomach cramps, bloating, gas and diarrhea (sorry for being graphic). The odd thing is that I ate nothing out of the ordinary--a shake for Breakfast, and a chicken breast that I brought from home. Has anyone else had this happen for no reason?

1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

I had a miserable day today. I have had severe stomach cramps, bloating, gas and diarrhea (sorry for being graphic). The odd thing is that I ate nothing out of the ordinary--a shake for Breakfast, and a chicken breast that I brought from home. Has anyone else had this happen for no reason?

I am not sure, but I just crawled in bed with horrific stomach cramps, bloating, and gas (all but the diarrhea). I ate small amount of chicken breast and a few fried potatoes that my husband made. I am attributing this horrible feeling with the fried potatoes, even though I only ate 4 slices of potatoes. I am doubting now, though, as I have not had this reaction before after eating and it sounds like what you are experiencing. The cramping is all throughout my upper, middle, and lower digestive tract and it's very uncomfortable. Even the papaya enzymes I took after eating are not working. I have no idea what's going on!

There are a lot of stomach bugs around right now - could be that.

I'm also not losing again. It is SO slow. No throwing up today though, so that's good.

Wow guys. So sorry that y’all are feeling sick.

I’m wondering if all of us February peeps are struggling because of the timing of our surgeries and the dread 3 month stall?

If that’s the case, I’m determined to keep plugging away and fall back on non scale victories to get me through this rough spot