Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pixie cut and hair loss - 5/6 months out



Recommended Posts

So for a long time I had a goal of if/when I returned to my lowest ever adult weight, I would get a pixie cut again (which I had and loved the last time I was at that weight).

A few weeks ago I hit that goal (217) - woo hoo!! However, as I was going to book my appointment to cut off all my hair, I started worrying that with my hair being so much thinner a pixie cut would emphasize the places it’s thinned. When I comb my hair in certain ways, I feel like I can see the bald spots a bit. Otherwise it’s not noticeable to others - just less volume and thinner hair which I am aware of but no one else is.

Do we think a pixie might highlight the thinner spots, and I should just leave well enough alone since it looks okay now? Or should I go for it? Thoughts???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never had anything but my hair in a ponytail for as long as i can remember because i have such thin hair to begin with. This is something i worry about and have no idea what to even do when the Hair loss time comes.. I would love to see others thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

popcorneatingemoji.jpg.43f6d51d6b5c2f79ca776e4567e2ff11.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cut about a foot off of my hair two months ago. It’s the shortest it’s been in my adult life. I have all these short fly away baby hairs that are sticking out everywhere when my hair is in a ponytail. If my hair is down they are not noticeable. I figured it would be easier for the new hair to catch up. I’m enjoying the shorter hair.

If you are not used to having such short hair as a pixie, you can go up in stages.

I treated myself to a cut and color which was a drastic change for me and felt like a new person....I say go for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2019 at 09:01, KimTriesRNY said:



I cut about a foot off of my hair two months ago. It’s the shortest it’s been in my adult life. I have all these short fly away baby hairs that are sticking out everywhere when my hair is in a ponytail. If my hair is down they are not noticeable. I figured it would be easier for the new hair to catch up. I’m enjoying the shorter hair.




If you are not used to having such short hair as a pixie, you can go up in stages.




I treated myself to a cut and color which was a drastic change for me and felt like a new person....I say go for it!


So this is one of those cases of people posting on here looking for permission/encouragement/an excuse to do something, and your comment 100% did that for me! Luckily this is a good one and not an unhealthy ask, right??

I’m going to schedule a haircut for this weekend I think. I was 20 the last time I had my pixie cut, but I feel like the weight loss has cut at least some of the 12 year difference off so I’m going to go for it!

Just want to make sure I book with someone who is experienced enough to work with the thinning areas and not make it look even more sparse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My fave inspo pics (thanks Pinterest and procrastination):

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue with pixie cuts is they show off too much of my face. I have just spent a year growing my hair after a couple of hairdressers went scissor crazy. I hated being able to see so much face. Maybe if it was thinner I wouldn’t mind but my worry is that then it would show off my wrinkles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My body is still large enough it makes me look like a Pearl- headed corsage pin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

My body is still large enough it makes me look like a Pearl- headed corsage pin.

Pictures or you don't exist (to borrow from @GreenTealael). I'm afraid we're gonna need corroboration on this one.

(Sorry for jacking your thread OP!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
01/03/2019 03:59 PM, FluffyChix said:





Pictures or you don't exist (to borrow from @GreenTealael). I'm afraid we're gonna need corroboration on this one.




(Sorry for jacking your thread OP!)


Haha it’s okay! I’ll take it back after tomorrow’s haircut appointment 😲😱😲😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen, I think a pixie cut will help hide the thinning hair some. I don't know how or why, but it really does seem to help somehow hide the fact that the hair is thinning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2019 at 11:55, FancyChristine15 said:



From what I've seen, I think a pixie cut will help hide the thinning hair some. I don't know how or why, but it really does seem to help somehow hide the fact that the hair is thinning.


I hope so! Here we go!!! At the salon waiting for my 430 appointment now! excited and nervous!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damn, you guys. I look good. image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.e8af34167502e0f610d5f1d48aeea9cf.jpg
SO CUTE!!!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damn, you guys. I look good. image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.e8af34167502e0f610d5f1d48aeea9cf.jpg
Gorgeous! That haircut suits you so well!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×