Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread



Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Quote

How much/what have you had? (protein) and are you hungry?

I've had coffee, a cheese stick, two ham and swiss wraps (literally, ham and swiss rolled up), Crystal Lite, four pieces of tuna sushi and a piece of egg sushi. Oh, and about a half cup of milk and a small cookie. I've just put a frozen cannelloni in the oven and will likely be able to eat half of it, and then the clock strikes eight and I turn into a pumpkin.

I'm hungry enough to eat some of that cannelloni though not starving, and a little apprehensive about when the munchies inevitably strike at 10pm. Honestly this is mostly a sort of "what if I thought I wasn't hungry but actually am and oh my god food" mental thing.

Edited by sideeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got this girl!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Okay, ate the baked Pasta and rounded things off by madly grabbing at a couple of cashews and then a shard of almond brittle (dimensions: about a dollar coin) and now I’m DONE. DONE.

(This is so stupid, I eat like this all the time but now that I’m paying attention it’s like I’m getting cast out on an ice floe and need to stock up to survive.)

Ah crap, meant to post this in IF instead of here. Whoops. Well, if you don’t hear from me again know I starved to death in 16 hours, which I’m sure sets some sort of record.

Edited by sideeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Okay, ate the baked Pasta and rounded things off by madly grabbing at a couple of cashews and then a shard of almond brittle (dimensions: about a dollar coin) and now I’m DONE. DONE.

(This is so stupid, I eat like this all the time but now that I’m paying attention it’s like I’m getting cast out on an ice floe and need to stock up to survive.)

Ah crap, meant to post this in IF instead of here. Whoops. Well, if you don’t hear from me again know I starved to death in 16 hours, which I’m sure sets some sort of record.

:lol: ... I definitely know this feeling.

This is me at an airport. Must. find. food. before boarding my flight, even if I'm not hungry. Because god forbid in the next 2 - 5 hrs I might get hungry, and that would be the end of the world.

Honestly once you start doing IF, it will become easier. You'll realize for the most part hunger passes quickly. Just drink Water, or crystal light or whatever, and occupy yourself. If it gets too bad, break your fast, not the end of the world.

(This is coming from someone who will still sometimes give into the "what if you get hungry" voice and has eaten far too much crappy airport food, just because)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

This is me at an airport. Must. find. food. before boarding my flight, even if I'm not hungry. Because god forbid in the next 2 - 5 hrs I might get hungry, and that would be the end of the world.

We are the same person. We can never meet, or we will cause some sort of vortex.

i’m actually a fan of those self-service marts in the airports now. I find that I make much healthier selections, for some reason - no more desperation donuts. I get those little yogurt drinks instead of peanut M&Ms. Of course I also overpurchase and that’s why there’s a carton of cucumber-flavored airport Water in my fridge right now (it cost $4, I am NOT throwing it out, even if I have to carry it through the entire damn airport and home).

I am also now a fan of Alaska air’s little cheese plate things. I used to view it as a measly pittance, but today one of those things fuels me cross-country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sideeye said:

We are the same person. We can never meet, or we will cause some sort of vortex.

i’m actually a fan of those self-service marts in the airports now. I find that I make much healthier selections, for some reason - no more desperation donuts. I get those little yogurt drinks instead of peanut M&Ms. Of course I also overpurchase and that’s why there’s a carton of cucumber-flavored airport Water in my fridge right now (it cost $4, I am NOT throwing it out, even if I have to carry it through the entire damn airport and home).

I am also now a fan of Alaska air’s little cheese plate things. I used to view it as a measly pittance, but today one of those things fuels me cross-country.

:lol: .... Funny, when you wrote this “in five years, I want to be typing on my couch in a home I own in the middle of a weekday because my job has that sort of flexibility” , I thought hey that's me, just add with unwashed hair, in leggings and fuzzy socks! (Well technically I only own my bathroom and maybe laundry room!)

Yes to the overpurchases, I have Jerky and cheese sticks that I have toted across the country and are now in my home, as well as less wise choices like Combos and Famous Amos Cookies. Because you know, I couldn't just leave them on the plane or throw them away, nooooo

I have a low tolerance to repeating the same food, so I can no longer do the fruit and cheese plates, I ate those for years, (along with Pringles of course). The upside is I haven't eaten a Biscoff cookie for many many years, after gorging myself when I first starting flying regularly. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, well I guess I now need to account for the effects on my weight the paradox of @sillykitty and @sideeye's planes ever being on the same trajectory will undoubtedly have...

And I guess the pint of Halo Top on December 30th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I think this intermittent fasting thing is not so bad. I'm not HUNGRY, I just want to eat something, so it's sort of the same sensation as week 2 or 3 post-op. I also worked on a coffee with cream all morning during meetings, which is probably not necessary but baby steps.

Of course, I also think that I did not pack correctly for eating at work and at noon all I have to devour is a cheese stick, a Protein Shake, and a yogurt. So I may eat absolutely everything on my way home (which luckily is around 3pm).

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

:lol: .... Funny, when you wrote this “in five years, I want to be typing on my couch in a home I own in the middle of a weekday because my job has that sort of flexibility” , I thought hey that's me, just add with unwashed hair, in leggings and fuzzy socks! (Well technically I only own my bathroom and maybe laundry room!)

I've decided I own my bedroom. If the floor was made of lava I could step from the front door into my bedroom, and I also love my bed. And while I usually look like a refugee from an off-off-Broadway Flashdance revival at home, since moving into the new place I have to up my game (because my kitchen window is huge and everyone across the courtyard can see each other) and I've bought a flowy green Natori robe to swan around in. Let's see how long that lasts.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

And I guess the pint of Halo Top on December 30th.

I wish I liked Halo Top. For some reason any substitution I try to make like that bombs for me - it's like all I taste are the changed ingredients. So instead of a pint of Halo Top I do a quarter-cup of full-bore ice cream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sideeye said:

We are the same person. We can never meet, or we will cause some sort of vortex.

i’m actually a fan of those self-service marts in the airports now. I find that I make much healthier selections, for some reason - no more desperation donuts. I get those little yogurt drinks instead of peanut M&Ms. Of course I also overpurchase and that’s why there’s a carton of cucumber-flavored airport Water in my fridge right now (it cost $4, I am NOT throwing it out, even if I have to carry it through the entire damn airport and home).

I am also now a fan of Alaska air’s little cheese plate things. I used to view it as a measly pittance, but today one of those things fuels me cross-country.

Don't fu*k with the space-time continuum! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omgosh, I'm trying to be good and get back to logging everything. Hell's bells, I ate 1500 calories yesterday! Yikes, the demon is loose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Y'all if @sillykitty and @sideeye ever meet, we are all gaining 1.8lbs of fat, the migration pattern of Caribou will shift 2 miles South by South East and there will be tiny hors d'oeuvre plates where they once existed...

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.29f00136654d6b70761e8edcafa4a854.png

image.thumb.png.c867857216d1538fedb90e2092dbcbf5.png

And there we have it people. I can't afford to gain 1.8lbs right now! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That does it, @sideeye and I definitely can never meet, can't mess with the caribou migration. I imagine they're having a tough enough time of it already :P

Ironically, leggings and fuzzy socks is upping my game. When I moved to my new neighborhood a couple years back it is much more social. The UPS guy chats. People walk dogs and will sometimes ask questions about my house or yard. Neighbors drop by randomly. I've legit had one ask to borrow some milk. So now my unwashed hair is always tied up, because dirty messy Buns are better than it being down and greasy, in my mind at least. My shirt, leggings and fuzzy socks may not match, but at least don't clash horribly. And most importantly, I now always wear a sports bra! :lol:

I just googled Natori robes. Now I need one, or maybe two. That way when I walk around post cardio I can hide the wobbly bits and look sexy af doing it!

Edited by sillykitty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Natori Robes. Who knew? Beauties!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full disclosure: I happened to find one of those robes on crazy-deep discount o Amazon and when I went back to get my sister one the next week the cost rocketed. So keep an eye out for sales but it definitely makes me feel like a 1940s movie star.

I have an entire weekend stretching out with, for the first time in MONTHS, nothing to do. I may try to conscript a friend to go to a Korean spa with me, which I’ve partly avoided in the past due to nudity (though for some reason never bothers me in Iceland?). I want ALL the skin scrubbed off of me until I’m red like a lobster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×