Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weight loss challenge

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weight loss challenge

Come challenge yourself and support others struggling through the holidays. This is a weight loss/maintaining personal commitment of healthy eating and exercise.

Starts: Friday the 16th Ends Tuesday January first 2019!!!!! You can do daily or weekly check ins.

Copy the following questions. Paste it in to your reply with each check in.

1. Challenge Starting weight:
  2. Current weight lost:
  3. Losing or maintaining weight:
  4. Fitness/exercise goal:
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019)
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped)

newyears WLS.jpg

1. Challenge Starting weight: 200 lbs
  2. Current weight lost: 36 lbs
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: Losing
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: 3-4 times a week

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm in! I'll check in tomorrow. That's our first day?

Starts: Friday the 16th Ends Tuesday January first 2019!!!!! You can do daily or weekly check ins.

So who all will be joining?😛😛🐗 Hurty,hurry, it's going to be a Special time Everyone!🎅🎄🎁🎈📦

I really needed this, so thanks again!

1. Challenge Starting weight: 177.6
  2. Current weight lost: 89.4
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: Lose
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: Continue DDPY at least 4x's a week
Edited by samantha814

I'm in! (At least for a day or 2... ;) haha. Notoriously bad about follow-through on challenges. )

1. Challenge Starting weight: 148.4lbs
  2. Current weight lost: 138.6lbs
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: Losing!!!!! (slowly) Working on Goal#2 - 140lbs
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: Exercise 6-7 days per week with 3 days being strength building with bands
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) To Come
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped)--I'm starting the challenge strong. Very little stress heading into Thanksgiving. Don't have any worries about over eating or eating "the wrong things." Have an action plan to work through in order to stay on track. Am in the process of weaning off of my last BP drug, so that does represent a little challenge to me.

I'll give it a go! Like Fluffy, I'm not great on follow through!

1. Challenge Starting weight: 168.8
  2. Current weight lost: 103.2
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: losing
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: To get back to walking 7 days/week
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019): ???
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) Well, had my sleeve converted to a bypass 2 weeks ago, so I'm pretty much starting over with all the food stages, ugh! Finally got off full liquids yesterday. Yeah! At least I can have a few bites of mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving.
Edited by Orchids&Dragons

On 11/14/2018 at 12:28 PM, skinnylife said:
  • Challenge Starting weight: update later
  • Current weight lost: 90+lbs
  • Losing or maintaining weight: idk yet
  • Fitness/exercise goal: going to try a squat challenge
  • Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) update later
  • Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) Starting while away, stress of traveling etc, planning to eat only on plan foods while away it nothing at all

1. Challenge Starting weight: 193.4
  2. Current weight lost: 42.2
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: 3 times a week - Hopefully more but I am working 10-14 hours days 7 days a week so I have to be realistic
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) 25lbs - I am going to aim high!
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped I am working a ton and need to exercise more, and I struggle to get my fluids in. I am going to start intermittent fasting to try to force fluids only in the mornings. I am stressing about making the most of my first 6 months (the golden window of weight loss)

1. Challenge Starting weight: 207
  2. Current weight lost: 101lbs
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: 5-6 days a week, and I signed up for running my first Turkey Trot (Short one - 2 miles)!
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) 20lbs
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) Struggles: tracking my food in a journal. I HATE IT but I think that is slowing my progress more than I want to admit. Also, my fur baby just passed away so I have been very down of late. I have been working out harder/more to keep my emotions in check. Also have regular appointments to manage the "soul".