Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

17 hours ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Wow, I was sleeved 12/20 and had full energy within 5 says , I am drinking almost 70g of Protein though and probably eating another 10g. Try upping ur Protein . I’ve been walking 5 miles a day and did my first spin class today !

OMG Spin Class already? wow! My doctor said no to me doing anything but walking. Not sure I could make it through a spin class though. You have my respect. Keep it up!

51 minutes ago, KitKatC1 said:

OMG Spin Class already? wow! My doctor said no to me doing anything but walking. Not sure I could make it through a spin class though. You have my respect. Keep it up!

Gotta be careful your sleeve takes up to 6 Months to fully Heal

2 hours ago, KitKatC1 said:

Wow, great job with the spinning class. Probably burning more calories than your total intake for the day. My Doc said nothing but walking for first couple weeks. Your work is inspiring. Good luck

Mine did too , I am being bad but I am going stir crazy and need the endorphins. I am doing it mostly seated , not too much jogging and standing . Back was a bit sore last night , but was better with a heating pad . did an hour spin today , was motivated cuz I lost 1.5lbs today 😁

I love pure Protein . It’s only 160 calories a scoop and a whopping 35 g of protein . I buy the drinks at Trader Joe’s and do 2 a day to ensure I get my protein because I just can’t eat that much yet . A little lower abdominal pain yes , sometimes if I eat something that doesn’t agree with me or I overdo

I am sitting down when I spin mostly and not to strenuous , they have said a stationary bike is ok so I fee like it’s the same . Doc said I am cleared for everything after 4 weeks .. 10 days to go .. but I worked out a fair bit before surgery ..

6 hours ago, KitKatC1 said:

I had my surgery 12/10/2018. I'm new to the forum thing. I had to visit the doctor 6 consecutive months for weigh-ins and to turn my food diary. Does anyone know of a good Protein Powder? Also is anyone else having pain in your lower abdomen around the belly button and also under your ribs in upper abdomen?

So one of the scars that I have on my stomach, near the belly button, is where they took out the excess stomach. I was told that there would likely be pain in this area for awhile and even now (almost four weeks out), it still aches sometimes. As long as the pain isn't paired with a symptom like a fever, intense nausea or diarrhea, then I believe it is just pain from your body having gone through surgery. Now as far as your upper ribs. Were you prescribed an acid reducer at all? Can you describe the pain near your ribs?

On 01/05/2019 at 13:23, batty_vsg said:

So one of the scars that I have on my stomach, near the belly button, is where they took out the excess stomach. I was told that there would likely be pain in this area for awhile and even now (almost four weeks out), it still aches sometimes. As long as the pain isn't paired with a symptom like a fever, intense nausea or diarrhea, then I believe it is just pain from your body having gone through surgery. Now as far as your upper ribs. Were you prescribed an acid reducer at all? Can you describe the pain near your ribs?

I’m just about 4 weeks out and that same incision you speak of is opening back up for me. I go to doc on Tue. Will see what they have to say about it. I have no pain, but it just don’t want to close. Scan came and went and now, opening. Good luck with yours.

Just now, MrClasik said:
3 minutes ago, batty_vsg said:

I’m just about 4 weeks out and that same incision you speak of is opening back up for me. I go to doc on Tue. Will see what they have to say about it. I have no pain, but it just don’t want to close. Scan came and went and now, opening. Good luck with yours.

Oh hey, you're in Virginia too! We're only two days apart for our surgery! What doctor did you go through? I will say that out of all of my incisions, the one where they took the stomach out is definitely the last to close up and is still kind of healing.

The incision my stomach was taken out of hasn’t hurt at all, actually none of my incisions have hurt at all. My surgeons protocol is Prilosec daily for the first six months then reassess.

On 01/05/2019 at 13:28, batty_vsg said:

Oh hey, you're in Virginia too! We're only two days apart for our surgery! What doctor did you go through? I will say that out of all of my incisions, the one where they took the stomach out is definitely the last to close up and is still kind of healing.

Dr Stokes @ Martha Jefferson In Charlottesville did mine. All went great. I may be the cause of the slow healing. I’ve been super active. I’m 41lbs down. So I won’t complain about the slowness. One thing I’m noticing though, my eyes have become extremely dry in the last week. Not sure if it’s related at all.

2 minutes ago, Jeelena2019 said:

The incision my stomach was taken out of hasn’t hurt at all, actually none of my incisions have hurt at all. My surgeons protocol is Prilosec daily for the first six months then reassess.

The actual incision doesn't hurt at all for me either, but it's more about what's on the inside of that area that could be sore. They do have to go through the abdominal wall in order to access your stomach, which could be achy for some.

Is the pain in your ribs also a little achy, or is it more like quick jabs of pain? I experienced post-op late stomach spasms the other day which were mildly painful (around in the area you're describing.) For reassurance, just shoot your team a message, or give them a call. :)

Just now, MrClasik said:

Dr. Nathan Lee in Richmond did my surgery. He wasn't my initial surgeon, but I am happy that fate brought us together on this journey. The whole team for the Bon Secours Bariatric Program is F A N T A S T I C. I absolutely love my Nurse Practitioner (who I have my follow ups with.) And take it as slow as your body needs you to be; you need to push a little, but not over exert yourself.

Honestly, with the weather in Virginia (and you know what I am talking about) it could be allergy related. I am on two different allergy medications to handle post-nasal drip from the weather.

I am sitting down when I spin mostly and not to strenuous , they have said a stationary bike is ok so I fee like it’s the same . Doc said I am cleared for everything after 4 weeks .. 10 days to go .. but I worked out a fair bit before surgery ..
Good for you. I had my surgery on 12/17 and started spin classes last Sunday. I started slow my first class, but I am busting my ass now!! I have been on purees and softs from day one so getting the Protein and calories hasn't been an issue for. I can also drink without restriction so hydration is no problem either. I can easily drink 100+ ounce a day. As for diet, I cut carbs down to less than 20 net carbs a day, so my protein makes up more than 50% of my caloric intake daily and fats (good fats like avocado, fish oil, etc) make of another 42%. I log everything I put in my mouth in MyFitnessPal and watch the macros and nutrient count carefully. I just went into ketosis 6 days ago, which broke 10 day stall. I am now down 31 pounds since I started my pre-op diet and 14 since I had the surgery. More importantly, I feel awe some and my blood sugars are normal!!!! I had a fasting blood sugar this morning of 87 without meds. I used to be in the 120 s or higher on metformin and victoza.

I love my sleeve!!! However, I fo still get some hunger and can eat more than 6oz of food, which seems like a lot compared to everyone else. Not sure what it all means for my future.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Wow Steve u r doing great ! I can easily drink Water as well and am doing purée and soft but still being careful . I can get a small container of plain yogurt down at one sitting but it takes a while . I have heard the sleeve doesn’t really kick with a lot of restriction till solid food so I wouldn’t worry , that said I would keep calories below 800 and Ike u r doing , carbs below 50. I am headed to my 3 rd spin class this week and feel great as well ! Just dont want to end up with a hernia, so waiting on weights . My spinning broke my 3 day stall , but I agree , I think as long as we track the carbs and sugar , try to stay in Kerosis we can lose 1 lbs day or so. I have lost 15 since my 12/20 surgery and. 22 since the start of my preop diet . Feeling strong I agree , best thing I ever did !

Edited by Lolo 2020