Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Part Two Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey all, I haven't posted in a while. I had surgery with Dr. Ren here in NYC about 9 months ago. Lost almost 70 lbs already and love it.

The insurance paid for my surgery, but my wife isn't eligible. Therefore, she's having surgery next week with Dr. Kirshenbaum and we're paying for it ourselves. So far everyone my wife spoke to sounded really friendly on the phone, and she's extremely excited! I read through many of the posts here (this is actually how we've heard of Dr. K in the first place) and we're confident she'll be in good hands. I also spoke to the staff here in NY at NYU and they'll be doing her fills.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all the great info, and we'll keep you posted on her progress!

Hi FatBoySlim, congratulations on your success!

I found Dr. K here too. I hope everything goes well with your wife and I look forward to hearing about her progress. :biggrin:

Welcome FatBoy Slim and Wife.... Please keep us posted on how you and your wife ae doing... Dr K and his staff are very sweet people, I think both you and your wife will like him and his staff....

Take care and be well...

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here forever with so much going on at home...but I feel guilty for going AWOL and miss everyone!

Dee~ how have you been feeling?

I continue to love my band, and have now reached the point where weight loss is becoming harder, I assume because the "less" we have to lose, the harder it is for our bodies to let it go. I recently went to a business meeting and heard non-stop how good I looked. It was so strange and so encouraging at the same time! I know I WOULD NOT have lost the weight without my little appliance! I have tried to get more creative when I eat, to avoid PBing all the time. My restriction is fierce, but I can have all liquids, mushies and other stuff if I remember to cut it into little bites. My chicken looks like toddler food by the time I am done cutting, but tastes soooo good!

Fatboyslim~ when is your wife's surgery?

Smsmith~ do you have leads on help while you are here? Dee has been such a godsend, and sounds like she might be able to help. I agree, you DON'T want to be totally alone. You will be sleeping and resting after the surgery, but there will be stuff that you have to have help with. Keep us posted on how the plans are going.

Hi Nik, Brandy, Viri, LA, munchkin, peaches, linz,living, tar, shelbi!

Hope all is well in bandland!

why do people always say this is cosmetic surgery its pretty extreme and if i didnt think it was the only option i would not risk it ....

I haven't heard/seen anyone say that lapband surgery is cosmetic. But I suppose someone who doesn't know anything about it at all or understand the difficulties and health problems associated with being obese might think so.

why do people always say this is cosmetic surgery its pretty extreme and if i didnt think it was the only option i would not risk it ....

Hi everyone I have been reading your postings and found them very helpful. I had my surgery with Dr. K on 1/23/08 I feel really great but he moved me to no restrictions pretty fast since I really had no swelling around my band. I was able to tolerate everything well. I do feel restrictions however since I can no longer eat half as much as I use to. Did anyone else move that fast in their post op diet?

Thank you for all your postings they really help a person understand the ins and outs of the Lap Band.

Hi everyone I have been reading your postings and found them very helpful. I had my surgery with Dr. K on 1/23/08 I feel really great but he moved me to no restrictions pretty fast since I really had no swelling around my band. I was able to tolerate everything well. I do feel restrictions however since I can no longer eat half as much as I use to. Did anyone else move that fast in their post op diet?

Thank you for all your postings they really help a person understand the ins and outs of the Lap Band.

What do you mean, he moved you to no restrictions really fast? He usually tells all his patients to follow what they can tolerate. You should be okay as long as you don't have any problems with PB's or sliming. That's my understanding anyway. Maybe some others who have been banded can answer better. When did everyone here go to eating a regular diet after being banded?

I was banded on the 29th of Jan, 08. I'm still on fulls, but tomorrow I'm going to softs, but to me softs are mashed potatoes with extra soy milk and creamier Soups. I'm only going to add one soft a day and I'm not going to add meat until I'm two weeks out. It's just me and my paranoia.

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here forever with so much going on at home...but I feel guilty for going AWOL and miss everyone!

Dee~ how have you been feeling?

I continue to love my band, and have now reached the point where weight loss is becoming harder, I assume because the "less" we have to lose, the harder it is for our bodies to let it go. I recently went to a business meeting and heard non-stop how good I looked. It was so strange and so encouraging at the same time! I know I WOULD NOT have lost the weight without my little appliance! I have tried to get more creative when I eat, to avoid PBing all the time. My restriction is fierce, but I can have all liquids, mushies and other stuff if I remember to cut it into little bites. My chicken looks like toddler food by the time I am done cutting, but tastes soooo good!

Fatboyslim~ when is your wife's surgery?

Smsmith~ do you have leads on help while you are here? Dee has been such a godsend, and sounds like she might be able to help. I agree, you DON'T want to be totally alone. You will be sleeping and resting after the surgery, but there will be stuff that you have to have help with. Keep us posted on how the plans are going.

Hi Nik, Brandy, Viri, LA, munchkin, peaches, linz,living, tar, shelbi!

Hope all is well in bandland!

I'm doing great! Feeling much better today than yesterday.

I'd love to help Smsmith out, but I'm working on the day that she's banded and I'll be working in Parker.

dee~

Tied2BFit Thank you for your response. I really do not know the band lingo as of yet so can you please explain what sliming and PB mean? Sorry.

PB'ing: Productive Burp (more like puking):rolleyes:

Sliming: When something feels stuck and you start getting lots of saliva (slime) to get it unstuck.

Both are gross, I must say! :)

I am doing great!! LOTS of gym time and finally this morning my scale moved. Down 33.5 pounds since 12/12! :eek:

Hi everyone!

it has been a long time since I have been on here and was just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Let's get some updates and keep our comfy thread alive.

I am sorry that I haven't been on much...lots going on here, but I wanted to say hello!