Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Part Two Dr. Kirshenbaum

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

This is going to be an awesome new year, and one that my resolution has already been set and that I am going to acheive this year!!! It is a reality and now I know in my heart that THIS IS IT!!! I have what I need to acheive and I WILL DO IT!!! That is so exciting!!

Things are finally looking up and I am starting to feel much better. It was alot harder than I thought that it would be! But worth it...I am down 18.5 pounds already...which is awesome. My best friend came over yesterday and I quote "HOLY CRAP!!! Everythime I see you, you have lost more!! You are literally shrinking in front of my eyes!! That was one great gift I tell you!

So what was everyone eating on week 2? Any good ideas??

EVERYONE have a fantastic day! I am off to play with more toys with my kids, namely a 4 ft. tall dollhouse!!

weight.png

Brandi, that is awesome!! Oh, and by the way, I'm jealous-I want to come and play with the dollhouse too! Sigh, I guess I should have had kids because I want to play with toys still! ;)

I hope everyone else had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...those of you who have had surgery at the Crown Point Surgery Center, tell me about your experience. My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 26 at Crown Point and I just wanted some feedback.

Can you suggest a goo hotel in that area???

I'm getting sooooo excited!!!

I've started my "things to do before & after surgery" list. Woohoo!!!

Amie:whoo:

So...those of you who have had surgery at the Crown Point Surgery Center, tell me about your experience. My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 26 at Crown Point and I just wanted some feedback.

Can you suggest a goo hotel in that area???

I'm getting sooooo excited!!!

I've started my "things to do before & after surgery" list. Woohoo!!!

Amie:whoo:

I was there on the December 18th and I was very impressed. The name makes it sound like a little surgical center where nothing else happens but surgery but it is a full blown hospital. It really put me at ease since I had visualized getting this done in a small office a short drive from a real hospital but that was not the case. My surgery has been so top notch and I feel that I have made a great decision. Dr. K was great to deal with and is available after hours and he actually picks up the phone when you call him. The hospital is a 5 star hospital and the nurses are really great.

There are two hotels that are near walking distance of the hospital. That is the Hampton Inn and the Holiday Inn. I stayed at the Hampton Inn since I have VIP status at Hilton and it was adequate. I did have to call ahead and have them verify that I had a fridge in the room since the meds have to be kept cool. Natalie will give you a list of Hotels but I would stay at one of those two locations just so you don't have to worry about getting there. I actually walked to the appointment because I was amped up and excited and thought that it would be my last walk for a while. I am now 9 days post opt and about 90% recovered.

Threedogpeople: Yes, I'm Nancy! Sorry it took me so long to respond. The holidays and all that. I'm feeling a lot better now, although I'm having some midback pain on the left side at about the level of the band. How's your husband? My husband says hi!

LA: There have been two things that were very difficult. First, the day of surgery I was very sick from the anesthesia and couldn't keep anything down--including the pain medication. My husband had to contact Dr. K. and go out for another prescription. I threw up about four times and hope I didn't damage the band. Since that, my biggest concern has actually been my midback pain. I think it's finally starting to ease somewhat, though.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday.

Hi all. I have been reading all the new posts on the whole lapbandtalk forum for a few days. It really freaks me out to see that other surgeons require 4 and 5 weeks of liquid diet after the surgery. And people will flame you big time if you post anything to the contrary. They say you will ruin your band if you eat this, and this, and this. I talked to Natalie about 5 days after my surgery and just casually mentioned that I was hungry and she said I could go ahead and advance my diet as I felt comfortable. I read on Dr K's website that he wants a day or two of clear liquid, then add Soups and Protein Shakes through day 5 then advance slowly and finally go to soft foods for the "immature lap band" (meaning before 1st fill). Dr K's info seems to indicate the goal is not to vomit. But other than that, as long as we advance the diet slowly- WE CAN ADVANCE THE DIET. What is going on with all of these other people saying only liquids for 4 or 4 weeks? Am I going to ruin my band by eating mushy foods and soft foods within the first month?

I am worried about the same thing!!! I am at week 2, my first fill is scheduled for 1/8. I am eating "mushies" and Protein shakes...I am worried!! I hope that I don't stretch the pouch or worse, slip the band! I would love to hear from others about this...have you posted on the other Dr. K forum? There seems to be a little more traffic there....

Brandy

Tarheelluv~

I went ahead and posted both of our questions on the other Dr. K forum...I hope you don't mind, but this question has been bothering me for a few days....

Brandy

brandymom,

No I don't have a problem with you posting it on the other board. I have really been confused about this issue because the non-Dr K posters act like your stomach is going to explode (ha ha) if you eat something non-liquid and this is just not the message I got from Dr K's office.

Tell me about it! I have been getting sooooo paranoid reading other threads admonishing people for advancing their diets too fast! Now I'm already afraid I have damaged my stomach and my band. Every time I get a little twinge of pain, the paranoia sets in!

IMHO I think that you are all worrying about nothing... I have put my trust in Dr K and his protocol rather than in others... The other posters Dr's have different requirements and they are going by what their Dr says... I don't believe that one Dr's requirement is any better than another....

want2bemeagain..... I'm doing good, I will be in Denver and go for my second fill on January 11th... Maybe we can get together... I will fly back on Monday the 14th... PM me....