Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Part Two Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mal ~ I haven't had the chance to make you laugh lately..! I have missed dialogue with you and hope all is well.... I have read that you are pretty consistent at going to the gym...any advice to get me off my scared little, allergic to exercise, a**?? :nervous

I have found a very strange thing, though. I was never much of a sugar eating person, but am more drawn to sugar since being banded...what's up with that???? and, I was a bread-a-holic, and have NO desire to touch the stuff. If anyone has ideas, let me know!

I have dabbled in working out at the gym. I'll tell ya, I am grossly out of shape, and do take it easy there. I need cardio, and have been very proud of fast walking the treadmill for even 20 minutes. I do need encouragement to go though...a very strange mental block for me, and I don't know why!

Happy New Year hope all is well with you too!

Advice??? me???? the gym??? IQL I agree with you, getting there is the pain but once I am there, I LOVE it! I used to get bored trying to get my cardio up, so I started to do a mile on each (treadmill, eliptical and bike). I really like the eliptical (I can get my cardio done in half the time). I couldn't work out without my ipod and my Godsmack (yes, a little secret about me...I LOVE me some Smack)!!! I'll never grow up...LOL

THE SUGAR THING...ME TOOOOO!!! I have never been a sweets person, but I have been battling that monster for a couple months now! Cookies for Breakfast??? Never before...hopefully never again. I too was a bread-a-holic and now I can deffinatly do without.

Be good!

Hi everyone! I'm very excited because I have an initial appointment with Dr. K on Friday. I have been doing quite a bit of research and LBT has definitely been helpful to me in coming up with different questions that I have or should have that I never thought about before coming to LBT. I love this forum, you all seem to be a great support to eachother and I'm looking forward to developing relationships with all of you and helping eachother through this journey. I am a 27 year old wife & mother to 2 beautiful girls, and "Grandma" to my daughters pride & joy, her hamster, Tinsel. I live in the Colorado Springs area and was lucky enough to find Dr. K in Denver. I will be self pay, so the cost really helps me out, although was not the sole reason for going with him. I'm anxious to hear about your experiences with Dr. K and see your progress!

:whoo:

Hi Linz,

I had my banding done 1/2/08. I love it and Dr. K and everyone in his office they are so nice and helpful. Best of luck to you.

Hey Kelly, Thanks! 5 more pounds and I'll be half way to goal. I've maintained recently, but need to get my focus back on health. Seems that so many other things have taken priority and I've been lost in the whirlwind. But, I'm trying to turn that around. How are you doing these days??

Well I am a little bummed this evening because I had my first fill yesterday and today I feel very little difference. I can sometimes feel the food hitting the stomach but it quickly goes away and I feel hungry. I know that it cam takes numerous fills and the good doctor spent 20 minutes getting me dialed in where I felt restriction but no luck. I felt the sips of Water hit the stomach and based on my feedback he added the fill but I admit after about the 5th adjustment I wasn't sure what I was feeling down there. I have 5cc in a 10 cc band so at least it shouldn't take to many more trips to Denver to get it lined out.

Was this your 2nd fill? I am at 3.5cc with the 10cc band, and although I am staying full longer, I am hungry and am using alot of will power right now. I have my 2nd fill on the 7th. I was just like you, not really sure what I felt. Still don't really know, I guess it will get better with time.

Brandy

Was this your 2nd fill? I am at 3.5cc with the 10cc band, and although I am staying full longer, I am hungry and am using alot of will power right now. I have my 2nd fill on the 7th. I was just like you, not really sure what I felt. Still don't really know, I guess it will get better with time.

Brandy

This was my first fill and we basically stair stepped up to 5cc's. I felt nothing at 3 or 4 cc's and I cant afford to "try it out" for a month and keep making trips which thankfully Dr. K did not do that to me. We both agreed at where we stopped with the fill but I totally understand these people now that take .2 cc's out and it feels completely different because the band was so sensitive. I guess in my mind I pictured each fill being worth a certain amount of pounds lost, like I would lose 10 pounds or so and then go get another fill and keep working it. I will lose another 10 pounds but it will be more will power than lapband.

I have always told the doctor that I can get my weight down on my own I just need help keeping it off and we are about to see if I can truly do that. At some point everything will come together where my weight meets my band and I settle in for a long happy life. :)

Living the Dream, Hi. I flew into Denver for my first fill on Jan 15th too. I didn't think I had too much restriction either, until I ate 2 small french fries last night and WHOA!!! I knew I was restricted then. Those suckers got stuck and it was rough getting them unstuck. I hear sometimes it takes 2 weeks for a fill to really get worked in right. Good luck.

Living the Dream, Hi. I flew into Denver for my first fill on Jan 15th too. I didn't think I had too much restriction either, until I ate 2 small french fries last night and WHOA!!! I knew I was restricted then. Those suckers got stuck and it was rough getting them unstuck. I hear sometimes it takes 2 weeks for a fill to really get worked in right. Good luck.

You know that is encouraging to hear and I do feel some restriction. I think it is half restriction and half fear because I do not want to challenge the band and PB. I started this journey at 279 pounds and I weighed in this morning at 249.5 so I am happy with the results. Each time I get on that scale and see a loss I just get amped up and eat better and work out longer. I want to go shirt less on the beach in the summer so I have to keep moving. My goal chart says that I should hit my goal in July so we will see.

AWESOME job Living the dream!!!

I am lucky because I am local, so if there was a problem, I can just go in. I wonder how much will go in next time...but I need to go in. I ate 2 hours ago and now I am STARVING again.

***SIGH*** :tt1:

Brandy

Hi Everyone.... I too do not feel any restriction after my first 2 fills... However, with this second one food wants to get stuck more often and I get out my pineapple juice and take a couple of small sips and in a few seconds the stuck food passes on through....

I went to the store and bought a six pack of 6 oz cans of Dole pineapple Juice... I works like magic for me and I have put a can in my purse in case I am out in public and food gets stuck....

Good luck to you all.....