Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Part Two Dr. Kirshenbaum

Want2bmeagain,

Looks like we have another soul sista as far as the hospital goes! Maybe we were triplets seperated at birth??

And don't worry, I'm sure you didn't get kicked out of the surgery center for talking too much. I think they just took pity on me after hearing my nightmare flight story-I hadn't had hardly any sleep since I got off work the morning before. I was soooo tired I don't think they could get me to wake up. It was hearing that Dee had been in the waiting room for 2 hours that got my butt moving! I felt bad that she had been waiting for so long, so once I heard that, I was ready to wake up and get going!

I also just want to say for the record, the surgery center was great-that place was sooo organized and all the nurses were great.

hey Munchkin!

Where are my hospital socks! You mentioned the socks and I am here thinking, where are those socks? I guess, I was so upset with my surgery being cancelled that I totally forgot about my socks! I loved those socks!

Brandy! I know exactly what you mean about the pre-op! I'm not looking forwad to starting that again! I had to be on it for 14 days! I didn't cheat once!!! Not one lick or nibble! Anyway, I made stuff in the crock pot and it helped a lot to have something prepared. Red chili and strip steak cooking all night in the crockpot. I put a little cheese on top and it was so good and so filling! My problem with the diet was I had no energy for the first 6 or 7 days and then I was 100% better. I was never hungry or had any cravings at all. After I started eating carbs again, I missed that feeling of satiety that I had with the pre-op. You can also get some recipes from the Food Network : Healthy Recipe Collections, Party Ideas, Quick & Easy Recipes, Cooking Videos under the Low-Carb and Loving It show. There is a stuffing recipe there with turkey sausage and cauliflower that is absolutely yummy! I'll see if I can find it!

Shel, I'm going to make that recipe, Thanks!

dee~

(I'm going to look for those lovely hospital socks now!)

Dee,

Are you rockin the stylish hospital sockies yet? Did you find them? I'll be happy to send you mine if you don't find them!:biggrin1: I can even get you a different color from my hospital, or perhaps you would prefer a snazzy pair of red ones that we use for fall precaution patients? (They have tread on both sides in case they get twisted around. My coworkers say that I'm so clumsy I need a pair more than the patients do!):P

Nope, I aint never found them purity socks!

I told my daughter it's all her fault! She was there and it was her responsiblity to make sure those socks made it home safely! She laughed and said, "those ugly things?" I told her, "ugly?" "them were the puritiest socks I ever did see!"

Just kidding! But I was thinking they would make a great Christmas gift for someone!

HA!!!

OK...I have my pre-op today at 4...anyone going to be there??? What can I expect?

Thanks!!! So looking forward to Wednesday!!! :whoo:

Brandy

Preop is pretty simple. Fill out some forms, listen to Dr. K explain everything, make sure you have your meds already. no exam etc.

Hello everyone!

I have my Dr. K consultation date, my nutrition counsel date and my surgery date!!!!!March 4th!!!

I wonder how long before you begin to lose weight? how do you maintain weight loss. Pitfalls? I want to lose between 100-120lbs over time. I have also started to work out at lifetime butterfly( like curves).

talk to you soon! thanks for the input!

Dee, I don't think I got to say that it was incredible for you to be available to Munchkin...socks or no socks!

I anxiously await your day and am excited for you! I just wished I was able to meet you when I was in Denver in October. At least I get to see pics!

Munchkin~ how are you feeling? I felt like hell the first week...then, it's over just like that...it is a crazy life change, welcomed mostly, loathed in moments!

Welcome Trina! Where are you from?

Mare ~ how have you been doing?? I am almost 4 weeks since my second fill...crazy how fast it goes by!

Karen ~ ahhhh, pb soul sisters...although I still think "pb" is just a stupid thing to say....most of my run to the bathroom moments involve egg-white-type-snot balls...hmmmm "ewts"...that's what I do..I ewt, not pb!!!

girls, it would be fun to see pics of you guys...it is nice to know who in the world we are baring our souls (and bellies, and butts, and thighs) to!

My daughter is in Thailand, and I am a nervous wreck. I heard from her after she landed and haven't talked to her since. So, popped a little xanax, watched Tv, paced, and now snuggling down into my nightly lbt routine. I am getting better with eating, but ewts-ing happens very often...ugh

hope all is well! would love to hear more stories if you have time! Man, wasn't Tina's new baby adorable??

Well here I am in day 4 of this diet, it is getting easier but I am still dying for some carbs. It took everything in me to not eat the yummy baked potato Soup that I made for my family last night...but I did it!!!

I sent my hubby out for a naked burrito (he was grumbling all the way saying it was like I was pregnant again)...although he can't wait to see me as I was before, I must admit that neither can I!!

I have a hospital story as well, I had to have 3 major knee surgeries in 05'. My last one ended up with my leg having to be broken and my knee cap in a different position. When leaving the surgery center, I refused to put on my shoes. I was in to much pain. It was in October and freezing. I was still hooked up to pain meds in my leg, so I was feeling fine. When we got home I was walking with my crutches and my bad leg was DRAGGING behind me, my big toe was all scratched up and nasty! I know know to always wear shoes and I have the scar to prove it!

4 more days to go!!! I am so excited for my surgery I could burst!!

Happy Saturday everyone, if your here in Colorado stay warm! It is freezing here!!

Brandy

:clap2: Best of luck to you today, I'll keep positive thoughts for a speedy, uneventful recovery...

WALK< WALK:WALK off those gas pains...

Today is the big day!!! I am so excited and so ready!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: I will have surgery at 2:00. Please pray and send healing vibes this way, I have to recover quickly, as I have 4 busy kiddos running around! :eek: Thanks everyone! I will let you know how it goes!

Brandy

Dee, I don't think I got to say that it was incredible for you to be available to Munchkin...socks or no socks!

I anxiously await your day and am excited for you! I just wished I was able to meet you when I was in Denver in October. At least I get to see pics!

Want2b!

It was my pleasure and honor to be able to take Munchkin back to her hotel! The nurse kept us informed of her napping and we insisted we were okay waiting til she woke up! She is as adorable in person as she is here! You guys are going to love her when you meet her in person!

She's huggable!

dee~

Had my surgery on Tuesday 12/11. Then had the worst 24 hours of my life. Luckily, I'm feeling a bit better now. Hopefully the pounds will start peeling off soon.

Aww, Dee, you're so sweet!! (I'm really not that sweet, I was just looped up on pain meds, ha ha!!):)

Tarheel, it gets better, I promise! I am almost back to normal except for a slightly sore abdomen and I still want to sleep alot (although the sleeping alot thing isn't much different than pre-banding,soooo....) I'm going back to work tomorrow, so everyone wish me luck!:nervous I have a feeling I am going to be hating life by Monday morning after I work three 12 hour shifts!

Hi ladies! Just wanted to check in and introduce myself. My name is Lori. I live in Tucson with my husband. I just turned 31 and am still fat. Oye. I was suppossed to have kicked this years ago! :scared:

I have been researching the band a LONG time. I had some success with diet and excercise about 2 years ago and lost about 50lbs. I have since gained it all back (boo!) and decided I need the extra tool in my arsenol to keep me on track.

I just bit the bullet and scheduled my surgery with Dr K. Finally have insurance that covers it, but employer has a clause... grrr.... so I am paying out of pocket. Hubby is very suportive thankfully!

I am excited and nervous as all heck. :)

I will be driving up from Tucson with my hubby. Anyone here drive a long distance after their surgery? It is an 11+ hour drive. Hoping I won't be in too much pain.

L.A.,

My advice to you would be to delay your trip back home until 2 days after surgery. My surgery was on Tuesday and I flew out on Wednesday. But I could've used another day in Aurora before flying out.

But I survived the trip back because I was totally looped up on pain killers. Otherwise, I couldn't have done it that day.