Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Part Two Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi Everyone.... I too do not feel any restriction after my first 2 fills... However, with this second one food wants to get stuck more often and I get out my pineapple juice and take a couple of small sips and in a few seconds the stuck food passes on through....

I went to the store and bought a six pack of 6 oz cans of Dole Pineapple Juice... I works like magic for me and I have put a can in my purse in case I am out in public and food gets stuck....

Good luck to you all.....

If food is getting stuck it does sound like you have restriction, but that perhaps you are eating too fast or too big of bites...??

Could that be the case?

Hi Peaches..... You are probably right about eating too fast or taking too big of bites and causing food to get stuck.... I'm not sure I have restriction because I can eat way more than a cup of food and not feel full... I get stuck only once in a while and that is from the above mentioned reasons.... I really do need to take more time chewing and eat slower....

Hi Again!

I had my appt with Dr. K and he was absolutely wonderful! I have my nutritional consult on Wednesday and I am getting banded on 2/6/08. I CAN'T believe it!!! I never really thought that Banding was an option for me and I'm just sooo excited!! Luckily, I have friends who are happy for me and aren't getting sick & tired of my constant excitement over my future! I'll let you all know how it goes once I get banded. Yeah me!! :lol:

Hi Peaches..... You are probably right about eating too fast or taking too big of bites and causing food to get stuck.... I'm not sure I have restriction because I can eat way more than a cup of food and not feel full... I get stuck only once in a while and that is from the above mentioned reasons.... I really do need to take more time chewing and eat slower....

Are you losing 1 - two pounds per week??? If so, I think your restriction is just fine... its not really recommended to lose faster than that. :lol:

Congrats Linz!! It is so exciting!!!

That is one of the hardest parts, chew...chew...chew some more. It is also very hard for me not to drink with my meals...I get so dang thirsty. 30 minutes seems like forever for me...

Everyone sounds like they are doing well!

Brandy

Hi Peaches..... I have been at a standstill for over a month and haven't lost any weight... I did pretty good right after surgery in October and then after that my weight loss dropped off until it just stopped... I'm pretty frustrated right now, I have stepped up my exercise and hopefully that will help get me started losing again....

Congratulations on your weight loss of almost 58 pounds.... That's great!!

:rolleyes2:hi i will be traveling from south fl to have a band place by dr k.on the 27th my family is worried about me going alone so im hoping to find a buddy who is there for fills or having a band and maybe we ould share taxis back and forth to airport and surgical center ...and does anyne kno if i should pack Protein Shakes or broth ...any help would be super

Hey Smsmithart, is there anybody who can possibly go with you? I don't think it's a good idea to be alone like that. I wish I could help you but I'll be there a few weeks before you are. Did you have your nutrition consult yet? If not that's when you will find out the specifics of your post-op diet and know what you'll need to have those first few days after surgery. Keep us posted!

:rolleyes2:hi i will be traveling from south fl to have a band place by dr k.on the 27th my family is worried about me going alone so im hoping to find a buddy who is there for fills or having a band and maybe we ould share taxis back and forth to airport and surgical center ...and does anyne kno if i should pack Protein Shakes or broth ...any help would be super

Hi Smsmithart..... How about going on over to the other Dr K thread and poting for a buddy there...... Therere more people on that thread that could possibly help you out since you are traveling alone..... Is there any way that you could bring someone with you?? That would be the best way to go.... Anyway try the other thread..... Congratulations on your date and Good luck on your journey....

you guys if i bring my mother she will want to go sightseeing and i cant entertain her and heal and i will still have to fly back to west palm beach alone ...if i bring my hubby then we have to bring my son hes 3 i cant deal with him and heal either im screwed hopefully someone will want to be band buddies with me and just check on me ...

The surgery center will not allow you to have surgery if there is no one that will be with you for the 24 hours after. At least that is what I was told. I had my husband with me.

He ended up sightseeing with his cousin and I just laid around his aunt's house recouperating. I NEEDED someone there with me after. As it was I pushed myself too much and had trouble with my incision bleeding through and had to see Dr K the day after to re-dress it.

Can your mother watch your child for a few days while your husband is with you? Or another relative?

Where will you be banded and where are you staying while you're here? I'm having my surgery on the 29th and I have an appt at Parker on the 27th for my return to work exam with the OCC Med nurse. I am working on the 28th at Parker, so I could drive you to the hotel, but if you are getting banded at Parker, there is a hotel extremely close. Let me know the time of your surgery and where you're staying and where you're having your surgery and I'll see if I can help. I'll be at Dr. K's on the 26th for my first fill.

My name is Stephanie, but my nickname is Dee.

i wish they would both come and make it a vaca while i recover ..

ok so somebodys got to come along...

LA is right, they do require someone to pick you up and care for you after surgery, BUT with that being said, "munchkin' came from Illinois and I picked her up from the surgicenter and took her to the hotel. She flew home the next day! I'm not sure what she told the surgicenter, but I know she gave them my name and phone number. Dr. K called me when the surgery was over and let me know she was fine and was in recovery. I don't mind helping you out, but I am working on that day. I don't get off work til after 1900. If you were at Parker and stayed at the hotel nearby, I might be able to figure something out.

I do know you have to sign a paper saying you have a ride home and that there will be someone there to care for you for 24 hrs. You also have to write the person's name and number on that paper.

Yes, Dee is right...Dr.K knew I was coming alone because I could not afford to fly my husband out with me. Dee, being the very sweet person she is, stepped up and gave me a ride back to the hotel. And she took very good care of me! :eek: They did make me sign a paper with who was picking me up, so I'm not sure what I would have done had Dee not come to get me.

Speaking of.....Dee, your surgery is in TWO DAYS!!!!! How excited are you? I am very excited. I so hope everything goes as planned. It sounds like everything is going as planned so far...I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed! Expect a good luck phone call from Illinois! If you see a funny number on your caller ID, it's just me!