Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

37 minutes ago, Reinalee said:

That really stinks that after all the work you have done just to get approved, they still require more. I didn't have the requirement. But I actually wound up cutting out meat, poultry and have become a pescatarian and I feel better I lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks. I also am not a big coffee and Soda drink (unless a rootbeer)

yeah mine was very picky i had to have 6 months of nicotine free lucky i had been quit for about a year already...I love pop as we call it in eastern Kentucky lol....but i have mostly put it down....

3 hours ago, Bari_KS said:

Hello everybody! I have been approved by federal BCBS for gastrectomy. My surgery is on November 20th. I'm so excited. It's been a long wait since April to go through this process. I'm 62yrs old

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello and welcome! I get sleeved on November 6th. I too have federal BCBS and was worried about not getting approved because I didn't have a "documented diet plan" like Weight Watchers for the past year like the insurance was asking for but luckily what I gave them was enough. My surgeon's office told me from the start that federal BCBS is on of the hardest to get approval from but we both did it! :)

4 minutes ago, KentuckySteve said:

yeah mine was very picky i had to have 6 months of nicotine free lucky i had been quit for about a year already...I love pop as we call it in eastern Kentucky lol....but i have mostly put it down....

I luckily never got into smoking but I too am an addict of caffeine and carbonated drinks so I am living it up until my 2 week pre-op diet and then I will have to stop cold turkey. My husband asked if I could go live with my mom while I "detox" from the caffeine :D

On 10/10/2018 at 1:18 PM, Foof76 said:

Congrats!! We can be Thanksgiving buddies! I'm looking forward to being able to fit into the skinnier clothes I bought the LAST time I lost a bunch of weight. I bought a whole new wardrobe and I just couldn't maintain it. At least I kept my bigger clothes as a backup. My husband donated all of his, then he gained it all back and had to go buy more stuff.

Thank you Thanksgiving buddy! I plan on getting rid of all of my fat clothes as they fall off.😊

I am as well November 20th! So excited for all of us!! My husband is not happy that I may or may not be home Thanksgiving. One of the few days a year he is guaranteed off with our kids. I was told I will be staying minimum 2 nights.

8 hours ago, Katv2018 said:

I am as well November 20th! So excited for all of us!! My husband is not happy that I may or may not be home Thanksgiving. One of the few days a year he is guaranteed off with our kids. I was told I will be staying minimum 2 nights.

Congrats!! If everything is ok and I can get down the required Water they will let me go the next day. Wishing you well.

Alright another week down, I was awful this weekend, lost track of time and had a few things I shouldn't have had still didn't go crazy but can't keep excusing it now either... New week and today is my first day without the COFFEE... so so so sad, but doing well so far if I can get to Thursday I know I will be ok. Also I order a scale and it has arrived was opened and used, it is a start right? my wondercup measuring cup also arrived and looks amazing plan to start using that asap. I have been good about getting good carbs through veg and I think I am getting better with not drinking as well. All in all a couple set backs and some successes.

how is everyone else doing?

Hey Y'all! Mind another late comer to the party? I just got approved and my surgery is scheduled for November 2nd! Also, did I mention this is the first surgery I have ever had? Ya, I am freaking out! But still very excited. I haven't started my pre-op diet yet but I know it's coming. I feel like I should be asking all these questions to my surgeon but I keep drawing a blank. I just, for some reason, never thought this day would come.

Okay so, does anyone have a tips or catchy emotional support poster saying to share?

2 minutes ago, sarahe said:

Hey Y'all! Mind another late comer to the party? I just got approved and my surgery is scheduled for November 2nd! Also, did I mention this is the first surgery I have ever had? Ya, I am freaking out! But still very excited. I haven't started my pre-op diet yet but I know it's coming. I feel like I should be asking all these questions to my surgeon but I keep drawing a blank. I just, for some reason, never thought this day would come.

Okay so, does anyone have a tips or catchy emotional support poster saying to share?

Good Luck and congrats, I feel kind of similar like so many others have a greater understanding of the process, or more education before surgery, not sure if it is because of insurance approvals, I am self pay so I only had to go through a series of appointments and 2 nutrition classes so I always wonder if I am missing something...

I’m so excited but my husband is scared. I’m doing the right thing. November 1st is right around the corner. I know I can do right by this if I follow all the golden rule.

11 minutes ago, paddyski said:

Good Luck and congrats, I feel kind of similar like so many others have a greater understanding of the process, or more education before surgery, not sure if it is because of insurance approvals, I am self pay so I only had to go through a series of appointments and 2 nutrition classes so I always wonder if I am missing something...

Thank you! And you too! I mean I did a lot of Googling and I have a co-worker who had this done 7 years ago and she is doing so well. Maybe I keep thinking more information will quell the nerves. I know having a great support system is a huge plus but I am a ball of nerves.

I'm scheduled for Nov. 20, which is a year to the day since my psych eval appointment... I currently live in a very rural area with 2 surgeons to serve the entire northern half of the state, so things move s.l.o.w.l.y.

But it's all good. I've had time to lose a good bit since starting (and I started with quite a lot to lose), so I've got a head start. My mom is coming up to take care of me for surgery and the week after, so we're just skipping Thanksgiving this year. Honestly, it's kind of a relief to just shrug it off and say, "eh, we'll do it next year." It'll be homemade chicken broth for thanksgiving dinner this year... maybe I'll steep a sage leaf in it to make it festive. 😉

But if my calculations are correct, and if things go smoothly, that will have me moving up to pureed foods for my birthday on 12/5, soft foods for Christmas, and done with the recovery stages for New Years. I've never *ended* a diet for New Years before...

We'll see how it goes.

Edited by NobodyYouKnow

23 hours ago, NobodyYouKnow said:

I'm scheduled for Nov. 20, which is a year to the day since my psych eval appointment... I currently live in a very rural area with 2 surgeons to serve the entire northern half of the state, so things move s.l.o.w.l.y.

But it's all good. I've had time to lose a good bit since starting (and I started with quite a lot to lose), so I've got a head start. My mom is coming up to take care of me for surgery and the week after, so we're just skipping Thanksgiving this year. Honestly, it's kind of a relief to just shrug it off and say, "eh, we'll do it next year." It'll be homemade chicken broth for thanksgiving dinner this year... maybe I'll steep a sage leaf in it to make it festive. 😉

But if my calculations are correct, and if things go smoothly, that will have me moving up to pureed foods for my birthday on 12/5, soft foods for Christmas, and done with the recovery stages for New Years. I've never *ended* a diet for New Years before...

We'll see how it goes.

Congrats and good luck! I have to say your fancy chicken broth idea is great!

Just got my official approval for my surgery on 11/5. Pre-op appointment on 10/24 and liquid diet starts on 10/25. Anyone else starting liquid around the same time? I'm nervous about surviving 10 days of liquids. Would love to have someone in the same position to chat with and support with!