Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed food ideas

Can I ask, what kind of food stage schedule does your doctor use? I had surgery on 9/10 and I’m supposed to be on Clear Liquids until 9/24, puréed 9/25-10/8, adaptive/soft 10/9-12/9. Seems like such a long time but I’m sure he has set it this way for a reason. At least now I understand why the other people at my meetings were complaining about just wanting a salad SO badly! Lol
That schedule sounds about right. And as good as a salad sounds, it will be a while before you get one. They are empty calories /fillers. You really need to focus on your Protein intake alone with Water

My favorite thing so far and I am,on pureed meats. and the rest,of stage 3. Musselmans unsweetened applesauce, far superior to Motts, which has a bitter aftertaste. I would not,have,thought, but 3 saltines, each,with a teaspoon of p-butter counts as a meal. Who,would have thunk?
I'm addicted to walmarts unsweetened organic applesauce. LOL.

I thrive on my nightly TBS of peanutbutter. It's my favorite meal of the day usually.

I've been playing with recipes in anticipation of my surgery in December...today I made carrot curry Soup and OMGoodness it was yummy. It was a bag of baby carrots and one small onion saute in olive oil and a bit of butter for 5 minutes then add 3 cups of chicken broth 1 table spoon of curry and a bit of Cheyenne (to taste) salt and Pepper to taste and 1/2 cup of red pepper simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are extremely soft then take off heat and put in blender mix up pureed and enjoy. It was yummy.

I've been playing with recipes in anticipation of my surgery in December...today I made carrot curry Soup and OMGoodness it was yummy. It was a bag of baby carrots and one small onion saute in olive oil and a bit of butter for 5 minutes then add 3 cups of chicken broth 1 table spoon of curry and a bit of Cheyenne (to taste) salt and Pepper to taste and 1/2 cup of red pepper simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are extremely soft then take off heat and put in blender mix up pureed and enjoy. It was yummy.
Congrats on your surgery it will be here before you know it. That sounds really delicious actually I am going to steal this one lol I can start eating puree on Monday so im preparing now and getting ideas and thinking about what I can have .

Sent from my VS987 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 09/14/2018 at 18:13, MargoCL said:

That schedule sounds about right. And as good as a salad sounds, it will be a while before you get one. They are empty calories /fillers. You really need to focus on your Protein intake alone with water
Oh, I totally understand the schedule now. Right now I can’t even choke down more than a few sips of water! I just always wondered why the people, who were doing so well a few months post surgery, at my required pre surgery meetings always stood around afterwards absolutely dying for a salad!! Lol

I went to our fancy grocery store and bought a few of their in house Soups that I then puréed. I would add some Protein Powder to up the Protein.< br />
That and cottage cheese, refried Beans basically anything I could mush with a fork.

This goes to show how each surgeon is so different. Below is what my Team allows after week 4.

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

6 hours ago, Mandy1013 said:

Can I ask, what kind of food stage schedule does your doctor use? I had surgery on 9/10 and I’m supposed to be on Clear Liquids until 9/24, puréed 9/25-10/8, adaptive/soft 10/9-12/9. Seems like such a long time but I’m sure he has set it this way for a reason. At least now I understand why the other people at my meetings were complaining about just wanting a salad SO badly! Lol

I think my doc's plan is to get me to a maintenance/normal level by week 6. So it's like:

Week 1 - Clear liquids

Week 2 - Full liquids

Week 3 - Purees (I'm here but have been testing Week 4-esque foods)

Week 4 - Soft foods

Week 5 - Chopped foods

Week 6 - Normal foods

I admire your strength in sticking to the more prolonged plan. I am sure it will pay dividends in terms of weight loss!

Not quite as brave,as John Kitsu,but we are close. Maybe at the same concert? Thursday evening finished a good. dietary day,,Friday,night the pendulum swung the other waym THIS MORNING, I am sucking on a sugar free pineapple popsicle, trying to decide what Ms Precious. Pouch. will allow us to eat this AM. A liile cream,of wheat cooked in a little skim milk? Will you ate least,consider it, Your Highness? Thursday evening,things were perfect, Friday night not so,found out who was driving and it WASN T ME.
O Oh it was not pretty! 2 shout outs are due. First to Ohio State University Hospitals for sending me home with a stack of Blue Barf Bags and secondly to Wal- Mart for,producing size 2X adult pull--'ups. I could not have made it to the weeds outside in time.
See I thought on Thusday,i had it all figured out, hey this was not,found to as bad as I thought.
Friday hit ka-thump, and I am not quite over it yet emotionally. I can't even get,on my knees to vomit because I have 2 artificial knees. Ugly situation , Tomkitten would not have to worry about a stepfather no man who didn't love me already would hang around for THAT EXPOSITION. Fat RedHeaded woman , red-faced, moaning, tears running down her face, splinting her tummy with the 6 partially healed surgical wounds, moaning and upchucking. Was I sorry I had the surgery? No not really, it was a good thing Bradley J Needlman MD was 2 counties and 50 miles away. In between retchings, I had murder and malice in my ❤. How could an object barely the size of my fist cause this much misery?
But today is a new day, 2 steps forward, one step back, Precious left me with a little tenderness on my chest but,I'll forgive her if she returns the favor.😥

@Frustr8 where did you find pineapple sf popsicles? I love pineapple, I can only find the standard ones, red, orange and purple. 😜

@frustr8 I’m so sorry that you had a couple of bad days, it’s called trial and error, we will find out what our new pouches like and dislike as we go along our journey...you said even after all of that you still have no regrets...you rock!! Stay positive my friend and we shall succeed 🤗🤗

Wal-Mart, Popsicle brand, Tropicals sugar free. Caribbean punch, tropical 🍊orange, and Hawaiian 🍍 pineapple . Runs about $3,88. Can't believe Winn-Dixie, Public etc wouldn't have them.

@Frustr8 the wal-mart closest to me didn’t have those but I will check another one. Thanks

i just steamed cauliflower. put it in a blender with very little butter. salt and pepper. blended. like mashed potatoes with out the starch. i drink two premier shakes a day so my doctor said what ever i had in-between was ok.