Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Oh wow. My surgery was Oct 3. Why do you still have the drain it is that normal with your surgeon? That was the main trigger for me being uncomfortable after surgery.

10 hours ago, Suesloosinit said:

Hi there, wow what a weekend 😃 went in on Friday down 20lbs, went up 2lbs after surgery, and down 2 when I was let out! Had to have my gallbladder out due to stones and I certainly didnt want to go back for another hospital stay. Pain on incisions and pain in my back due to horrible hospital bed and a bit of nausea. Im so very thankfully for that as I was expecting horrendus gas pain but all I got was lots of burping!

The main bit now is getting liquids in and thats all Im doing for the next few days. I get weak pretty quickly but ive had chicken Soup and a coffee and not had any issues with them so thats a good thing. Im off for a small yogurt smoothie with some protien in it.

Good Luck to everyone going today, I wish you all well 😃

Did you have the sleeve or bypass? Was it chicken broth or did you actually eat chicken noodle Soup?

On 10/3/2018 at 7:34 PM, mommytina said:

I just got my surgery scheduled today and it is going to be Friday! So I don't have too long to stress myself out, lol. I found out I have to have a lot of extra work done at the same time so that is more concerning to me really. Part of my stomach is in my chest cavity so they have to go up and bring it back down where it is supposed to be. I have a hernia to fix too. My gallbladder has to come out because of gallstones found during testing. And if that isn't enough, he has to make a sort of flap thing so that the bile he found in my stomach doesn't have a way to make it up my esophagus when I have a much smaller stomach. So, those extra parts threw me for a loop, but I believe it is all in God's hands and will work out fine. I'm thankful it will all be over soon and I can start healing. :)

I had my surgery Friday, and I was in a ton of pain that night. Saturday and Sunday were each better than Friday. I still had a lot of pain Saturday, and some on Sunday. I was released Sunday afternoon and have been doing well. I have a lot of incisions and one of them is 3-4inches long. I am trying not to mess them up. To me the hardest part is movement. Trying to get in and out of bed or a chair with out my stomach getting in extreme pain. I pray that the trend continues and I am way better again. :)

Oh wow. My surgery was Oct 3. Why do you still have the drain it is that normal with your surgeon? That was the main trigger for me being uncomfortable after surgery.
He keeps it for a week from your release date. So I was released from the hospital last Thursday and we have the drain removed this Thursday. I'll have had it a total of 10 days by then.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Oct517 said:

Are you guys dealing with extreme exhaustion?

If I overdo it. Took the kids to playground and then grocery store then fed them dinner and now I’m pooped.

I’m October 9th...which is tomorrow...and I’m freaking out! I’m cranky cause I’m hungry and I’m having 2nd thoughts!!

1 hour ago, Oct517 said:

He keeps it for a week from your release date. So I was released from the hospital last Thursday and we have the drain removed this Thursday. I'll have had it a total of 10 days by then.

Oh my. Bless you!

Hey guys! I wanted to chime in since I have been reading and not participating. I had surgery Oct 2nd and would love to connect with a few people. My process to get to surgery was rather quick and was not required to do the psychological exams/nutritional classes that seem to be the norm. I had my initial consultation on September 12th and my surgery date scheduled shortly after. I had been contemplating this for years, and had spent tons of hours researching and what not. My pre op diet was 7 days of Clear Liquids (with Protein shakes) which was difficult. I wasn’t necessarily overly hungry but more just wanting to chew. I was not enjoying the Protein Drinks at first but eventually threw in the towel and got hungry enough I guess. I had to go on a work trip for my fiancés company (getting married in January) which was a trip for the management teams/ execs spouses to meet in Marco Island Florida.) Now that was tough!! Banquet dinners and cocktail hours but I made it through and staying busy might have helped the time pass on liquids. I was very very nervous for surgery. My sleeve surgery was under and hour and was discharged a few hours later after drinking a certain amt, walking, and using the bathroom. Upon waking up the pain was pretty bad but they immediately gave me more pain medicine and I felt ok. The one thing I was not expecting was that I could not use my stomach muscles at all for 2 days. I could barely get up from laying down I felt like a turtle on its back. It is getting better every day and I would say the 3rd day so much better. The gas pain was like nothing I have never felt before but it would subside when I would walk. Had the worst diarrhea and stomach cramps the second night. The first few days are just not fun but the pain meds help tremendously. Day 4 I had a lot of reliefs all around and day 5 and 6 have been remarkably better. Be careful shampooing your hair, it pulled my stomach a little and made me light headed. The first 2-3 days I could barely drink protein and now it is not a problem at all. Water is the hardest thing for me to drink at this point which is so odd to me.. it hurts in my chest. Yesterday my appetite came back and was wanting some flavor and I ordered Pho broth and that was a life savior. I’m not sure if it’s more mental or I was actually hungry. It was pretty salty so I didn’t have much but it helped me a lot. Tomorrow I start on blended Soups and very excited for some flavor. I hope I didn’t scare anyone but I just want to be real about the pain. I know it’s all going to be worth it. I’m down 20 lbs from preop liquids to today and that feels good! I have my follow up appt today and everything was good. Good luck to everyone having surgery!! Please reach out for any questions, would love to help.

Updated list for folks to find others having the sleeve done on the same day. (If I missed anyone, I apologize--let me know, and I'll add you. Please don't quote this whole post, though; it's huge.)

I'm trying to only re-post every couple of days so I'm not bogging down the conversation, but we've had several people with surgeries this week join us recently I figure, even if they haven't gone through all 29+ pages of posts, they still might want to know who to look for, to be surgery buddies.

Oct 1:
aapb79Gmail.com
chicagogirl74
chuckwalsh
clara1900
cw19147
irishgal21
JennieJuniper
momofmjbm
Red Alicia
Vwlover0611
Yare_2018

Oct 2:
bmatt418
cindy t
Deanayeah
jgirlnyc
Lizzieming
Marla522
nikoleroze
Oct517

Oct 3:
boringtessa
crankymagpie
LosingLbs18
mamadownsizing
sekud02

Oct 4:
AriesMary25
btrfly
kerbear1980
mspink702
rnchaveri1
sleevemebaby7781
swisskath

Oct 5:
greener pastures
mommytina
rafc100
Suesloosinit

Oct 8:
Crystalmartin82
jhojho90

Oct 9:
Anglkrys2
bigcurt
mailchickie76
SheilahMc

Oct 10:
busyforever
fandangle
MeeAhhh
oct102018
spatch2813

Oct 11:
aussie Ange
healthygirl05
kathy060464
UncleBeezy
willowfinely

Oct 12:
afer0841
Tabularasa2018
zpratt

Oct 14:
katiemarie22

Oct 15:
allyb15
annaisbananas
April1965
JessLess
llrn90
MegsNiko (or maybe the 17th?)
recreating_courtney
redaj954
Tina6769

Oct 16:
2shea
beccaconaty87
br3n
Thisismytime
ummyasmin
Wincy

Oct 17:
Chello219
Fawksy
Grapefruit
Jlh2350
JustKeepSwimming
OpsMatt

Oct 18:
shazz73

Oct 19:

Oct 20:
Lucybear22

Oct 22:
clb164
GizzlyKitten
Kathy10/22
kimberlymi
laceco
marciamae3474

Oct 23:
emccomis
kdiddle31
llhill
mimi
tahoegirl96118

Oct 24:
Beachladee3
GirlShrinking
Lovingmyselfforever
Susiern56
tuttlemomma

Oct 25:
AndreaK.
kiwiangel23
teenyshell

Oct 26:
amanda-xo
carebear38
shany1567
TropicalBeachDoll

Oct 29:
1BigHeart
JadineC
jflower88
Kai91
kjallen
nedawson1908
notmyname
Rgiannos

Oct 30:
sleevegirl88
wishful.shrinking

Oct 31:
relaxrelaterelease

I had broccoli cheddar Soup from publix today. I did not strain it. I just mushed thecalready very mushy broccoli pieces down. I had about 3 oz. It was amazing. That was at noon. It is now almost 10 pm and I'm still stuffed. Did I mess up??

HW 230
SW 218 (10/4/2018)
GW 130

Wouldn't think so,if you haven't upchucked, if you weren't going to pass it You would have known by now. Maybe your sleeve is purring with happiness and the pylori valve just hasn't opened.
But you sure don't have my mind of problem. And I do envy you that!

I had broccoli cheddar Soup from publix today. I did not strain it. I just mushed thecalready very mushy broccoli pieces down. I had about 3 oz. It was amazing. That was at noon. It is now almost 10 pm and I'm still stuffed. Did I mess up??

HW 230
SW 218 (10/4/2018)
GW 130

If you didn't throw it up, experience pain after swallowing, or get diarrhea from it than I think you're fine and didn't "mess" up.