Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wile E Bear said:

We are definitely eating a whole lot better as a family and we're doing a lot more activities

YASSSSS 👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2019 at 1:08 PM, Wile E Bear said:

Friday will be my 1 year anniversary. I'm down to 157 lbs. from 248 lbs. back in June 2018. Waist size went from 50" to 38". I was considering the surgery for a few years and the final straw was two hernias that need to be addressed. I'll be going to the same surgeon for that. I look at the whole process as a second chance to get things right with my health, and was glad to get off diabetic medication. Another reason was a desire to get my daughter active in scouting, and I wanted to particpate with her. We are definitely eating a whole lot better as a family and we're doing a lot more activities. Now the challenge is maintenance but I think I've developed some good habits. Tracking weight and food intake on the Baritastic app has been very helpful for me.

So, are you having hernias repaired after your sleeve? My hernia came back, and my doc has told me the only way to fix it is to covert to bypass (which I won't do). Would love to hear that there are surgeons who will repair a hernia on a sleeve without conversion. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's my one year sleeve anniversary today! Yay me!

I wrote up an update. Check it out here:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! Congrats!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there! I located the realistic expectations after WLS...I’m still behind about 25 lbs, so I would say I’m officially a slow looser! Hoping for goal at 18mths. Anywho, be well!

image-0.003933906555175781.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I'm a slow loser as well I'm still in the 60s going on a year a little frustrating but I still have time I'm not rushing it I'm in a size 12 from a 18 so I'm happy with that for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I located the realistic expectations after WLS. My thoughts being a slow loser remains, I’m hoping for goal at 18mths.

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not clear if the starting weight is during the pre-op or surgery weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lolaj said:

It’s not clear if the starting weight is during the pre-op or surgery weight.

It says after surgery. But any chart that doesn't take age, gender, and other factors into account is going to be inherently flawed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JessLess said:

It says after surgery. But any chart that doesn't take age, gender, and other factors into account is going to be inherently flawed.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, just found this page and had to sign up immediately! I am 18 days post surgery and i have to say, i fell so much better! Doc found a hiatal hernia while I was under and he fixed that too. hospital stay was rough due to this. well anyway, I am so glad to have found this community and hope to learn and lose with all you fine folks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. Well, that's disappointing. Today is my 1 year anniversary, and this month is the first month I've gained weight (1 lb) and inches (2.75 overall). I understand how it happened - about 6 weeks ago I was finally able to eat more real food, so my body isn't used to getting more than 600 calories. Will talk to my doc/NUT on Friday at my appt. Hopefully, my body will eventually progress to tolerating raw veggies - that would really help with being able to eat lower calories.

But, the good - I'm down 134 from my high weight, 112 from surgery weight. Lost 89% EWL. Only 13lbs over a healthy BMI. My doc tells patients to expect to get to a low point, then gain 10-15# over a few years. I had hoped where I am was the weight after a bit of regain, but I suspect I'm now at my low. I've been bouncing around the same weight for 7 weeks - about the same time I got out of the purgatory of only being able to eat yogurt.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@notmyname, you've lost so much! I hope you feel awesome about it. Although my rate of loss has really slowed, I'm stlll losing about 4 lbs. a month. I hope your team can come up with a good plan for you. I am still losing at 1,000-1,200 calories a day with moderate exercise.

Edited by JessLess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Knglover said:

Hi All, just found this page and had to sign up immediately! I am 18 days post surgery and i have to say, i fell so much better! Doc found a hiatal hernia while I was under and he fixed that too. hospital stay was rough due to this. well anyway, I am so glad to have found this community and hope to learn and lose with all you fine folks!

Hi @Knglover, Welcome to the site! You may want to also check out the thread below, it's for October 2019 sleevers...you'll find more folks at a similar stage as yourself. This one has a bunch of people further along in the process as we were all sleeved in 2018...still a good source of info though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, notmyname said:

Hmm. Well, that's disappointing. Today is my 1 year anniversary, and this month is the first month I've gained weight (1 lb) and inches (2.75 overall). I understand how it happened - about 6 weeks ago I was finally able to eat more real food, so my body isn't used to getting more than 600 calories. Will talk to my doc/NUT on Friday at my appt. Hopefully, my body will eventually progress to tolerating raw veggies - that would really help with being able to eat lower calories.

But, the good - I'm down 134 from my high weight, 112 from surgery weight. Lost 89% EWL. Only 13lbs over a healthy BMI. My doc tells patients to expect to get to a low point, then gain 10-15# over a few years. I had hoped where I am was the weight after a bit of regain, but I suspect I'm now at my low. I've been bouncing around the same weight for 7 weeks - about the same time I got out of the purgatory of only being able to eat yogurt.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

First, congratulations on all your success at this milestone! 134 lbs lost is CA-RAY-ZY.

I think you are right, your body is likely acclimating to the new influx of calories, it's probably all "oooohh, calories, haven't had these in a while, lets hang on to them, cuz I don't know how long this is gonna last..."

The last 10-15 lbs they say takes the longest to come off, staying on weight loss calories for your height will get you there eventually. Good luck with your appt with your doc/NUT :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×