Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

14 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@notmyname, glad to hear thing are getting better (if even just a little bit :) )...is your team still recommending a revision for you?

Haven't seen then since my 6 month check up (9 month is in early August). At that time, they still want me to do revision. I am still fairly against it. I tend to get random complications from surgery, and I don't feel comfortable putting myself through another major surgery. Plus, I have figured out how to live with my current state of being. I'm not sure I'm up to figuring out new complications if I got the bypass.

Hi everyone! I was converted from lapband to gastric sleeve on 10/1/2018. I have lost 67 lbs going from 227 to 160. My goal is 155! After lots of consideration and advice from doctors I went again and got a full Tummy Tuck and breast lift on Wednesday! I am sooooooooo thrilled, I never though I would be here in my life. Everyone keep up the great work!

25 minutes ago, aapb79Gmail.com said:

Hi everyone! I was converted from lapband to gastric sleeve on 10/1/2018. I have lost 67 lbs going from 227 to 160. My goal is 155! After lots of consideration and advice from doctors I went again and got a full Tummy Tuck and breast lift on Wednesday! I am sooooooooo thrilled, I never though I would be here in my life. Everyone keep up the great work!

Congrats on the weight loss! And Yay you for getting the plastics done! How to do you feel/how is the recovery so far?

7 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Congrats on the weight loss! And Yay you for getting the plastics done! How to do you feel/how is the recovery so far?

Thank you!!! I had the survey Wednesday morning and came home yesterday. Honestly this isn’t as bad as I thought it would be at all. My doctor and his staff are VERY much on top of the pain management and it is helping. I can get up and down ok alone, my husband helped me take a shower for the first time. He didn’t tell me how much he took off but he showed me picture. Holy gross!!!! I’m very happy I did it and recovery is totally tolerable so far!

I can't believe how far I've come. Still have work to do but I'm getting there. Wow! You guys have been great!!!

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by Ellen_2610

On 7/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, ms.sss said:

Check out this long running thread on IF, lots of good resources and discussions:

Check out this link. I've found it useful

I have my 9-month apt. Wednesday this week after a week of vacation on Nantucket and a business trip to Las Vegas all with no scale. Fingers crossed for my weigh-in tomorrow.

And... I weighed in at 70 pounds down since I started this journey at my 9-month apt. Everything is going really well! I hope you all are feeling good, doing well, and having a good summer!

Hey ... my surgery was 31.10.18... what a journey! Well done to everyone! 🤗🎉🎈

I can’t believe I’m now taking meds for cholesterol. I was so sure it would go down after losing weight.

I haven’t lost any weight in weeks. Is anyone else struggling past the 6 month mark? Did I just lose all I’m going to? I need to exercise more but I moved and had to put my elliptical in storage :-(

I thought it was just me. I haven't loss a single pound since April

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9

I thought maybe it was just me. I've only lost 4 lbs in the last month. It has been a nightmare since hitting the 6 month mark the end of April. I need to get working out more but between work and my kids schedules I just haven't been able to get a routine down. I'm still 27 lbs from goal and feel like I am never going to get there. 🥺

I hear you guys! I gained 7 pounds after being put on a new medication but thankfully lost it after I was switched to something else. Other than that, the scale hasn’t budged. I need to find a way to exercise but with my elliptical in storage and no money to join a gym I am SOL.

I definitely slowed down. I also seem to gain, then lose. So last week I was up 2#, this week down 4 (so average 1# loss over 2 weeks). But, my doc told me to expect it to slow at 6 months and taper to 0 at 12-18. I'm still about 20# into the overweight category, but at least not obese anymore. And I've lost 80%+ of my excess weight. My goal is to lose enough weight so that if I do end up gaining the 10-20% that some folks do, I'll still be solidly in the overweight and not obese category.

Hey guys! Hope all is well with everyone. Just an update, after having gallbladder removed I feel SOOOOOO much better. I've noticed that I am able to eat pretty much everything (just in smaller quantities). The diet has started to struggle a bit when it comes to making the best choices. But at least I realize it and can correct it ASAP. In June I hit the -100 lbs mark and broke down in happy tears in the locker room at the gym. It has been very hard not to compare myself with others who have had the same surgery. But we really are very different and will lose/gain at different rates. Best of luck to everyone! Remember not to be so hard on yourself. You did this because you love yourself and want better health for yourself.

Good morning y’all...just came to thank you all for the support and also to share my progress so far.
Almost 9 months pp and down from a size 18/20 to a size 8/10! I am in Brazil because my mother had some serious medical issues and don’t have a scale around but last time I weighed I was 90 lbs down and have 28 more to go to reach my goal.
I am beyond happy!
Hope you’re all doing great!

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg