Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Ok, no IF this weekend, and today is 19th anniversary! Woot!

So today I'm gonna hit IF hard! I'm trying not to eat anything until about 4pm which will be about 20 hours! Hopefully I can make it! Then going to our little Italian place for dinner where I will eat ALL the calories! :)

Don't know if this weight will hold but I'm at a new low today after 1 week of being "mostly" a good girl. I'm at 145.8lbs this morning and I'm about 2lbs shy of being in "normal weight range" which was one of my big targets when I began this journey. I was NOT gonna stop until I was in at minimum--normal weight range. And about half way to my Goal #2 of 140lbs. I'm feeling more positive that I can do this thing than I did right after Thanksgiving Fatsgiving when I bloated up to 158lbs! Gah!

How are y'all doing? Anyone IFing the crap outta Monday?

I've finally joined in. This is my 3rd day at 14/10. (Baby steps) So far, so good.

3 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I've finally joined in. This is my 3rd day at 14/10. (Baby steps) So far, so good.

Wooohoooo! Welcome to the dark side of the moon! You got this!!! Before long you'll be 16:8 without even trying! Just make sure you can still get all your Protein in while keeping your food volume to no more than what your doc wants from you at your stage of healing!!!

On 1/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

Holy cow, Fluff! How much Salad Dressing can you put on 1/4 cup of salad?

Am I the only person that doesn't eat any dressing at all?

I'm still missing hella notifications, but I'm IFing!!!!

Also dropping this here because you know I ❤❤❤❤ you all

BTW, IT'S KALE

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Screenshot_2019-01-06-19-08-55~2.png

Edited by GreenTealael

14 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Am I the only person that doesn't eat any dressing at all?

Yes. :)

But seriously, I don't eat salads like that cuz too much fat and they end up making me nauseated. Don't laugh at me, but I use Walden Farms Vinaigrette dressings: Italian (fave), Asian (2nd fave), Sesame Ginger (3rd fave), Balsamic + extra balsamic vinegar (4th fave). Wets the salad slightly and zero cals/carbs/fat. I use avocado, red fat feta/rf blue cheese, or nuts/seeds, or the meat in the salad to get enough fat in it to absorb the vits/mins from the veggies.

13 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I'm still missing hella notifications, but I'm IFing!!!!

Also dropping this here because you know I ❤❤❤❤ you all

BTW, IT'S KALE

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Screenshot_2019-01-06-19-08-55~2.png

Wooohooo on IFing with us. So weird about notifications! :( Love this piccy! Ha!

On 1/6/2019 at 4:28 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

In my case the surgeon said they didn't really form a pouch, they just connected the "stomach" to the small intestine and food just drops through. I thought this was controlled by the size of the stoma, but it sounds like the stoma, in my case, does not provide any restriction at all. My "string bean" was so restrictive because of the valve at the bottom so I couldn't overfill it. Now, there's no valve.

Oh, valves are good, ugh! :(

On 1/6/2019 at 8:52 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

@sillykitty Found this for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish that was me, instead of this

1825720898_giphy(1).gif.89dfa83dd348a210a8843ef17a4ed3d2.gif

9 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Oh, valves are good, ugh! :(

You know, one other thing he told me was really interesting. He said the pyloric (sp?) valve opens on a "timer", i.e. at regular intervals. However, the interval varies from one person to the next. It made me wonder if overweight people "cycle" more quickly than normal-sized people and if that keeps us from feeling full. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

You know, one other thing he told me was really interesting. He said the pyloric (sp?) valve opens on a "timer", i.e. at regular intervals. However, the interval varies from one person to the next. It made me wonder if overweight people "cycle" more quickly than normal-sized people and if that keeps us from feeling full. Thoughts?

Interesting. I just posted in the hunger thread, and it made me think.

I don't think I was hungrier than your average weight person. I think I just loved "bad" food more. I had less ability?, desire?, motivation? to make good choices, Choosing the grilled chicken vs, the creamy Pasta, for instance, which is what "naturally skinny people " do. That's why regain scares me, because that part of me hasn't really changed. :unsure:

13 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Very interesting comment! Dunno. I do know that people with long term insulin resistance and diabetes can develop neuropathy as a result that causes gastroparesis...

https://biologydictionary.net/pyloric-sphincter/

Dr. Google fast at work. :D

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

I don't think I was hungrier than your average weight person. I think I just loved "bad" food more. I had less ability?, desire?, motivation? to make good choices, Choosing the grilled chicken vs, the creamy Pasta, for instance, which is what "naturally skinny people " do. That's why regain scares me, because that part of me hasn't really changed. :unsure:

Right there with you!!!!

I have changed a lot--but I still allow too much. And it scares me spitless! And I still have a love affair with food and have a harder time not overeating.

12 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I wonder if you can train your valve either way as well. I remember early on my team cautioning me against drinking too fast to prevent becoming used to emptying quickly. I should have listened but I was sooooo focused on not being dehydrated. I will try and see if waiting longer than 30/30 increases any positive correlation.

Stay tuned...

Just now, sillykitty said:

I was the opposite. I mostly ate healthy foods. I love veggies, usually ate those first, hardly ever in any type of sauce. Our meats are usually grilled and I prefer chicken or fish to red meat. I just always ate way too much and honestly had never felt truly full. Not even on Thanksgiving. That's why I loved my restriction.