Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Okay, I'm going to give this a go... Starting off with a morning coffee, then starting at noon an 8-hour window, then shut it down until the next morning (~8am) and coffee again. Or maybe peppermint tea.

It's not so much for weight loss or plateau-busting or anything, more that I'm looking back on my eating patterns and I think I kind of do this IF thing already? Sort of? But with some Snacks on the fringes that I probably don't need, like a 10pm handful of cashews or a 10am string cheese.

I've spent enough of my life being guilt-tripped about not wanting to eat Breakfast ("most important meal of the day" my ass, it makes me feel queasy)! I'll keep the AM coffee for a while and see if I want to phase it out later.

8 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Okay, I'm going to give this a go... Starting off with a morning coffee, then starting at noon an 8-hour window, then shut it down until the next morning (~8am) and coffee again. Or maybe peppermint tea.

It's not so much for weight loss or plateau-busting or anything, more that I'm looking back on my eating patterns and I think I kind of do this IF thing already? Sort of? But with some Snacks on the fringes that I probably don't need, like a 10pm handful of cashews or a 10am string cheese.

I've spent enough of my life being guilt-tripped about not wanting to eat Breakfast ("most important meal of the day" my ass, it makes me feel queasy)! I'll keep the AM coffee for a while and see if I want to phase it out later.

Welcome!

Sounds like a plan!

I guess there are benefits from coming from a non breakfast eating family, no guilt trips! :P

15 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Wooohoooo Wilkommen! Bienvenute! Welcome! Aloha! :D

Never underestimate the power of hot black coffee/tea to curb appetite! I'm dryin' out after the holidays and these will be my go to salvation friends after dinner! ;) hehehe For some reason, they have the power to turn off my cravings--even for snacky food. But I agree with @sillykitty, if you are legit hungry, then have a legit snack--something of low pleasure value but high nutrient value and calories if you can. For me, if I'm legit hungry, then a hard boiled egg satisfies. If I don't want that and instead want something shenanigany--then yeah--we're talking illegitimate head hunger cravings rather than true body hunger.

16:8 is a great place to start with IF!! You'll do great! Never really bought into the breakfast thingy...I don't usually get hungry til around noonish-ish. :D I am however a late dinner eater. It's hard to get dinner in before 8pm. Don't know why...probably cuz that's what we did growing up. So we try for between 7-8pm and try to finish by 8pm or earlier. But we're a raging work in progress! ;)

Had my first day of Ramadan makeup fasting today (I have some days to makeup that I hadn't fasted in Ramadan due to period, illness & travel). This is the first time I fasted post-op and it wasn't toooooooo bad. I got an almighty headache but I wasn't really hungry at all. It definitely made dinner plans easier as I hadn't had a lot of calories for breakfast.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

How did everyone do yesterday??? Spill it!!!

I had a great 16:8 day yesterday. Didn't make it to 18:6, but hey, that's how I roll. I was fairly compliant but tangled with some smokehouse almonds around 8pm last night. Gotta get a better plan! Will try for 18:6 today though which will be first meal at 2pm--totally do-able!

Had good but not super macros. And won't report my weight cuz I think it has to be a fluke and won't hold. If it holds through tomorrow, will report it. :D ;)

No clue what my actual weight is as usual, but I'm roaming with teens in tow. Apparently I walk too much, too far, too fast (my reply - too bad) I think I did a 14/10 yesterday but I wasn't really watching the clock too hard.

I MADE IT. Slightly feral but only slightly. A very impressed coworker then took me out for barbecue, though he was disappointed in how little I could still eat and made dark comments about coming back from a business trip and finding a husk shaped like me.

Seriously though, this wasn’t a big deal at all. My biggest issue is going to be closing the gates at 8pm - I am going to miss my tiny wind-down cup of milky chai or cocoa.

1 minute ago, sideeye said:

I MADE IT. Slightly feral but only slightly. A very impressed coworker then took me out for barbecue, though he was disappointed in how little I could still eat and made dark comments about coming back from a business trip and finding a husk shaped like me.

Seriously though, this wasn’t a big deal at all. My biggest issue is going to be closing the gates at 8pm - I am going to miss my tiny wind-down cup of milky chai or cocoa.

Hilarious! What's a husk? :D

One thing about the wind down milky chai or cocoa? Go with the milky chai, and each night over the next week, you simply put a little less and a little less in the tea. Ditch the cocoa if you can, but you could have decaff coffee and put a couple ounces of chocolate Premier Protein. Similar taste, less cals/carbs. AND then you start cutting it back til eventually you are satisfied with a black drink. :)

56 minutes ago, sideeye said:

CONGRATS 💜

Hey! Let's do shots everyone!!!

Cheers!!!

MOM_3763.thumb.JPG.8ab0520f6b0f84558f2b28d7a0df3a77.JPG

Just now, GreenTealael said:

WTF is that?

Creamsickle "semi-homemade" MOM. (I didn't make the MOM, just flavored it up from unflavored zero carb version...) :lol:🍾

(so so so sick of having interruptions to the #2 train schedule...just sayin'...)

21 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Creamsickle "semi-homemade" MOM. (I didn't make the MOM, just flavored it up from unflavored zero carb version...) :lol:🍾

(so so so sick of having interruptions to the #2 train schedule...just sayin'...)

Ohhhhh,

Tea for me ...