Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

6 minutes ago, planochick said:

I’m the 26th too! I bought all my shake stuff today and had a mini panic attack. I had the lap band years ago and had a bad run. Finally got it out in January and have taken time to heal. My insurance civets none of this so it’s all been very costly. Today all I could think was what if this fails? I’m scared. I know I can do this but I’m super struggling this round. Would love some friends to get through this with!

I agree - I need some support from people in the same boat. I am terrified of anesthesia complications. I don't know why because I have had surgery before. I guess it is because this time around for surgery I am very very overweight which in turn leads to a chance for more complications. Other than that, I am fairly in good health for my weight.

Same! I have so many fears I’ve never had before. This is so major that I keep overthinking it. I logically know I will be ok.

Well I’m Crystal and would love to get through this together!

Today is the day. Heading to the hospital now. Nervous are on edge!

Sent from my VS996 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so glad it's going so well. How long was your hospital stay?

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

I stayed for 2 nights and came home around noon on Friday. This is normal for gastric bypass at the Barix clinic in Michigan.

I am also happy to report that I have had normal BMs 🤣, am able to get my 70 grams of Protein in using Premier Protein shakes and Bone Broth, and also my 64 oz of Water. The pains on the left side are still pretty intense, especially when I try to get comfortable in bed but supposedly should ease up by the end of the week.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

I stayed for 2 nights and came home around noon on Friday. This is normal for gastric bypass at the Barix clinic in Michigan.

I am also happy to report that I have had normal BMs 🤣, am able to get my 70 grams of Protein in using Premier Protein shakes and Bone Broth, and also my 64 oz of Water. The pains on the left side are still pretty intense, especially when I try to get comfortable in bed but supposedly should ease up by the end of the week.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

So glad to hear overall everything went well and your doing ok. I know as soon as it hits Oct I'm gonna start panicking lol

Sent from my LG-TP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery journey begins tomorrow!!!! Super excited cant wait!

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my last appointment with the surgeon yesterday, all of my prescriptions for post op will be ready today. 5 days till bypass and I’m definitely nervous. My bag is packed so all I really have to do is buy food/beverages for post op.

Just updating everyone. Had RNY Gastric bypass 9/4/18 and doing well! They found a hiatal hernia during the procedure and repaired that also. I can't emphasize enough, get up and walk as much as you can while in the hospital and at home. It helps get rid of the gas that they pump you up with. Also use your spirometer to help with deep breathing. Knock on wood I have been very fortunate. Was off all pain meds 5 days post op. I go tomorrow for my bari class to see what I may be progressing to. Im thinking (hoping) pureed. Right now just liquids(at least 1 cup per hour while awake) plus 2 oz of that cup as a Protein Shake, of Protein Jello or broth. So getting around a shake a day. So far, no regrets and kind of wish I had done this a few years ago. Good luck everyone and keep me posted on your progress!

Hi @ RnYBeyhive my sweet friend, Hi all the rest,of my bypass peeps. Its me, 1 whole week post-op and ready to relate so put my Matrix Suit on in case someone starts stomping me. Only hospitalized 2 short days, he originally had said 3, did well, came home with a few medications and a 21 day supply of Lovenox. If it keeps me from strokes, if it prevents or lessen clots thrown from my legs to,my lungs, I'm Your Woman! I am a good smooth shooters although,many have said they are painful, I have not,found them so, don't even sting!
Came home on level 2, yesterday,I say my surgeon. Instead of having bruising around each trocar wound, Sunday I started to have a solid sheet of a purple veil spreading across,my tummy left to right, but around each incision I have a round circle of normal pigmentation. I have 6 wounds, 1 up between my breasts, just below my sternum, a large and medium on the right, 2 medium on the left, and one in my navel. How do I know their sizes , apart from the amount of steri-strips applied? Because yesterday he said I was doing so remarkably well he removed all the ones remaining. And each one has one or 2 black sutures down in but each is looking very well. The largest one on a bypass is where the big business- like stamplers and such went in, sleevers usually ( no absolute-each,of He,is different, each,surgeon has his/her own game plan) is on the left and thays where they pull your stomach remnant through and out. But still not inflamed or wicked bad looking. Now for the point I risk Death by Trompeling for, He Already Advanced my diet to Stage 3 at only 6 days out. Says he feel MY BODY AND ME are ready! I have 2 very-dear-to-ME. BariPals, one out 3 weeks today, the other 5 weeks yesterday and they are barely limping through on 2, one barfs every time the wind blows, bet I no longer get PM of encouragement from the one. Says I can now go to 6. 8.-ounce glasses, because I now know what I oz and 2 oz feel like in my mouth I can a little more free-style. I am still going to be cautious, I may be the Wonder Woman of the Western World, able to,progress, but Mama Got A BRAND NEW. bag and this is,and will remain, a Learning Experience. After only a 1 week vacation I can go back to my Prenatal Vitamins, good thing I didnt buy the Big Bottle my son was encouraging me to purchase. So I have now a choice between grinding up 2 pills or tossing down a prenatal. I have to grind down because no one with prosthetic teeth has the mouth muscle strength to grind, only way I have for me to not retch is to mix it with unsweetened applesauce and Musselmans is better than Motts, higher Vitamin count and I think it tastes better.
RYB, don't stock too heavy, although I am still going with Protein Shakes, only Premier and my soys do not have an underlying yuck😿 factor. And the ChrystalLightwater additives taste bitter, like you were vomiting up bile.
But I remain and shall remain your humble correspondent. And Hear Ye Hear Ye one and all!
I AM EXTREMELY GLAD I HAD IT DONE- It will,have me a life WITH I could not have had WITHOUT!🍀😛🍀😛❤

1 hour ago, planochick said:

I start today and I’m nervous. It’s the mental part of thinking about lack of food.

Yes! I start it tomorrow. I had my pre admit testing at the hospital as well as the consult with the medical assistant to get shakes and Vitamins. I also just found out it is clear liquid only 2 days before surgery. I’m prepared for the liquid diet just not this clear liquid part. I initially thought it was 1. The worst part? I’m a teacher and will be TEACHING during this time. Open house even falls during this time. EEEK!

@abbster_tee I’ve warned my employees I’ll be cranky and moody and apologized in advance. Not thinking your students and parents will go for that. Good luck. We got this!