Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 07/29/2018 at 21:02, Beautfully Flawed said:

Hello all!!

My surgery date is August 6, I’m a little nervous , but a good nervous , I’ve been reading, going to my kaiser classes and trolling this site , so I’m full of knowledge and I’m determined to be successful. My surgery is in San Diego , anyone else having surgery in August , in San Diego ? Would love to chat, you know compare notes 🤩, I’m really interested in what kind of workouts you guys are doing, how often , how long etc

Not in San Diego but also having my surgery on August 6th! Been trolling this site too lol

Several more August 6ers, check both Bypass and Sleeves for August, I know I've seen more in passing on both places.😝👍😝

2 hours ago, jultrim18 said:

My date is August 17th!!! I found my surgery twin! Are you nervous? I am but also very excited!

Nice Jul! We're surgery twins!!

Emotions wise, I feel like literally every emotion that exists I feel most of the time (lol). I'm excited, nervous, worried, happy, anxious, and extremely curious what my own results will end up being etc all in one. But this week has been interesting - I keep seeing different foods going "goodbye, chicken wing"... "goodbye cup of coffee". lol. Pre op diet time is almost here :) I have to start mine on Friday.

Okay you 2 Are you ready to k,ow who shares your date
thus far?
KCgirl061*LuellaJean*Kcoley*snowmaker 55*LadyBossChick*
sariejack *BestDoggieMom and that's it until now😝📝😝

And San Diego Man @beautifulmess is in Georgia so she may beat you to the Surgery😷 Prom, but by the end of that day you will all have yours!

7 hours ago, ZeroCool said:

Nice Jul! We're surgery twins!!

Emotions wise, I feel like literally every emotion that exists I feel most of the time (lol). I'm excited, nervous, worried, happy, anxious, and extremely curious what my own results will end up being etc all in one. But this week has been interesting - I keep seeing different foods going "goodbye, chicken wing"... "goodbye cup of coffee". lol. Pre op diet time is almost here :) I have to start mine on Friday.

You have to start your pre-op diet early! I start mine the 10th. I know that is going to be difficult. I have not eaten that little in a long time. I am leaving for a cruise on Saturday, so that is when I will do all my goodbyes 😂 I really hope I heal quickly because I am a teacher, and I start school three weeks after surgery. Keep me posted, and let me know how the pre-op diet is!

Yeah - my dietician wanted me to start it 2 weeks prior to surgery. At least I have a fairly decent diet though. I have to have 4 Meal Replacement shakes a day (HMR 70) and a lean Bariatric style dinner (similar to what they sell on this site) and 64oz of Water a day. Sounds easy enough but maaaaan will I miss my coffee lol. I gave it up 3 months ago for about a month then I fell back and had a cup here and there. But on early work mornings like today is when I’ll really miss it the most.

And I will be sharing your miseries. My hospital gives us a choice of 2, 3, or 4 week,,i am an overachiever, I want the best results I choose to do the longest for the best results, want to,shrink. that nasty,NASH liver,done to smooth shiny,thin hood. My diet is pretty,similar to yours.
Breakfast 1 high Protein Meal Replacement shake
snack 2 hours later Another shake
lunch 2 hours later small veggie salad with 2 T low fat,dressing no eggs, nuts , seeds, cheese or bacon bits which I ❤and 1/2 to whole shake
Snack 2 hours later I small fruit- choose between small Apple small orange small banana or 3/4 cup unsweetened berries, Melon okay but I LOATHE every melon ever grown and I shake if room
dinner either low calorie frozen entree- heated to warm toastiness or 3oz meat must be no beef, fish , turkey, chicken, lean pork okay and 1/2 to 1 cup,non starchy veggies) no potaoes, corn or peas)
All no calorie non caffeine liquids my little stomach, ❤ and kidneys can stand -at least,64 oz
And I can also scarf as many more cooked non starchy vegetables as I desire I can just see me munching cooked brussel sprouts, non buttered
Sanity and Happiness- merely optional

Oh yeah and must not forget my Vitamins , Calcium and other minerals. I am on prenatal vitamins because I am deficient in Iron, calcium, Vitamin A and Vitamin D. The Vitamin D I'm not surprised I am Celtic fair, don't get much sunlight when all you do is burn, blister and peel ! By.summers end i,will have a very pale tan on exposed areas. But thought I was geeting enough milk for The calcium, IDK guess I was wrong. But you have a Buddy in Buckeye-land chugachugging along with all her strength, at 72 think is my only" prom opportunity" so I'll do my level best!😝💊😝☕🍶

My date is August 20th. I start my pre op liquid diet on 8/6. I'm nervous! But excited too of course! Since February I've lost 45 lbs so I'm hoping the liquid diet pushes me over the 50 lb mark at least.

Hi I'm new to the forum. My surgery date is August 13. Today I started my Pre-op liquid diet.