Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@kat0000 @chrisb428 thank you! Apparently I can’t see those quotes you guys mentioned 🤔

1 minute ago, Mel86 said:

@kat0000 @chrisb428 thank you! Apparently I can’t see those quotes you guys mentioned 🤔

Screenshot_20180812-000104_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3164c2e30d107b24a96e492b72b5e8b8.jpg

20180812_000325.jpg

39 minutes ago, Chrisb428 said:

20180812_000325.jpg

I need to start using the web on my phone when I'm using my phone to check this site instead of the app...for some reason the app doesn't give you an option to quote, but maybe only the website does.

Hi @ aliciacollete, I also will be a RuN bypass, mine will occur on September 5th when I too become a Kangaroo. I have been on and off obese since babyhood.
I grew to loathe myself, I dieted, I Yo-Yo'd like a demented child's toy all over the place. And diets, every time a new one came out I tried it, perhaps this will be🏆the Holy Grail, the one that would work as others didn't. And I had some weird ones, all-meat, grapefruit(I now hate grapefruit with a loathing bordering fanaticism) structurelised starvation Don't work, your BMR goes⬇instead). a lot of pain , sorrow and self-loathing. In October 2017, I asked my PCP for a diet drug to assist me in that search,for slenderness, he put me on Phenteramine, and I Journaled my foods, exercise and feelings, in less than a month I GAINED 30 pounds.
And I am a GOOD compliant person, I tried to fit,into someone,elses idea of "perfect", of "normal". of " average" and it never satisfied anyone for very long.
After being obese off and on,for my entire life, I grew to self-loathing.I hated to way I looked,I hated being over 300 pounds, a weight more suited to a tree than a human body, I hated my existance, for what I had was no real life, I hated being in pain, of waking up and knowing this was the least pain you would have all day, I hated knowing every day brought me closer to dying. And I was sad. I hated being told by relatives I should commit suicide, that I took up too much space, was a waste of the world's resources and besides no one of any consequence loved me.
And I sat, shook and cried. Who could I count on, who cared for me, who cared if I lived or died? And a moment of clear, rational thinking ensued. Who cares about me, just ME, Who could I trust to still 💖me? ME. Who really believes in ME, with all my scars, dings, missing paint,on my chassis? ME. And since I now 💖ME, I will give myself a beautiful, beyond cost 📦, Bariatric Surgery.
For now I DO WANT TO CONTINUE to LIVE. So I asked my PCP for recommendations. I did my own research,and decided because of some of my comorbidities, yes I did know the RIGHT term for it all, an RnY would be my best commitment to my future. So I went through,a hospital program, jumped through every hoop they required, crossed every T, dotted every I, cried myself to sleep every night, it was wearying, did my very,best with everything, tried to,maintain a happy attitude through all slings and arrows sent,my way. Then their surgeon decided, after rapeing my insurances,of all the money they could get, after I paid out $200 of my hard-earned money for,pre and post surgical dietary advice, which I didn't get and the 💰 wasn't returned., that I was , ready for this? I was emotionally and psychologically unfit and too stupid to understand the ramifications of Bariatri Surgery" FYZi although I don't attend the local meetings I AM MENSA- eligible
So I sat, I cried, I shook and shuddered to my soul. Like,the King in the Bible I had been tried and found UNWORTHY.
Then I had a moment of clear thinking. I am a child of God, God does not make mistakes and I as a being created in his image cannot be flawed, in perfect and I have still a Life's Mission. So,i stood up with,my 2 replaced,knees, for I am Noon if there. Was I going to allow a group of maladjusted individuals who claimed to Christian and looking out for,my well being to derail my hopes, to block my chance for better health? NOPE this will not and cannot happen. I have strawberry blonde hair and as a bonofide redhead I do HAVE A TEMPER. So I picked,myself up, brushed off the dirt thrown at me, all the degrogatory phrasing and set out for Ohio State, the premier program in Central Ohio, the place,i would have chosen had I followed my own mind instead of listening to someone's
recommendation. They accepted me after an introductory,seminar,in March, met with their staff psychologist Dr Kramer in April, dietician , nurse- practioner and exercise physiologist in May, took my presurgical blood labs that day, met with my surgeon-of-record Bradley J Needleman MD for my surgical conference and physical , Was assigned my surgical date at that time, I will meet with someone from the Anesthesia Department August 24 and then at 7 AM EDT, on my Wonder Wednesday, my REBIRTHDAY,occurs and I think I am the oldest surgical candidate at 72, nut I have no fear,he has no fear and something WONDERFUL,will,occur. All my fears were drowned in my tears. I am thrilled, a little awed to strong,in my belielf that this is THE RIGHT THING, AT THE RIGHT TIME, FOR THE RIGHT,REASONS AND FOR THE RIGHT,NOW WORTH PERSON, ME. and how,you gave the Frustr8 Story.
And do you know why we will be Kangaroos? Because we will leave our O..R. with,our own little pouch. So sproing, sproing my Bari-Sister, sproing sproing!

Well, tomorrow’s the big day!

RNY bypass first thing in the morning

Today is day three of my liquid diet. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I’m not hungry, I just want to chew something and Jello just doesn’t cut it.

I was planning on sleeping the day away so tomorrow would come and I could just get this over with, but my back just isn’t going to let that happen. So, I guess I’ll try and keep busy.

Congratulations @Fluffy Grandma, you have ,made it to Surgery Eve and I am envious. Why envious? Because your day is coming tomorrow and mine hadn't come yet.
Last night,was my high school reunion. It was, TaDa, 55 years ago as a young 17 year old, on May 28, 1963 I had my high school graduation . And although I have returned to my home town, many of these people I have not seen for the whole 55 years. And many traveled a very long way to return here. Oh there was sadness, over 10,of my classmates have died in the past 5 years m One of my classmates had gone b through the past pictures, the casual ones people had,,of those days, as well as showing each of their graduation pictures, where we all looked so solemn, he had done a beautifull video collage. And there were tears, at 72-73 we are more prone to cry than we were when we were young, but there was also laughing, some of us were caught clowning around. I saw two, Janice from Maryland and Leslie from Oregon that I had gone clear through elementary school also with. We had started Kindergarten together in September 1950, and especially with Janice the years just faded away. We had been in Brownies together, I was the first friend Leslie had when she moved here a couple years later And she remembered I introduced myself, and we went out to the playground and teeter-tottered. And they said I hadn't changed much, bless their 👭💕.
I have been very concerned about how I am going to get to Columbus. You see I must be at my hospital in Columbus at 5 AM for my surgery at 7AM on September 5th. We no longer have a 24 hour transportation service in my little town, I was an only child, so no siblings, no car and I don't drive. Uber and Lyft, they may have heard of Columbus, that city's population is perhaps 750,000, but Mount Vernon at just under 20,000 pffft!
I was a chubby nerd-ette in high school, no large clique I travelled with, actually pretty timid, wasn't a cheerleader or majorette, never dated anyone,on the football or basketball team. But in the ensuing years I have learned love and be proud of ME. I learned I don't have to walk anyone else's path, only my own. So I resolved to speak to a few people about my upcoming surgery, if that didn't work I would grap the microphone and do a P.A. about it. I live 48 miles NE of my surgery site, no place closer does RnY surgery, which is the right variety for me personally. To make it to Columbus by 5 AM you must leave my town at 3:30 am, 4 AM at the latest, even if you can jump on the Interstate.What kind of 72 year old person asks another person that when to be at her house by 3:30 AM and what kind of person agrees to give up their sleep for me? At 70 sleep does get MORE important not LESS.
The second classmate I asked agreed in a heartbeat, I have known her since age 6, although we attended 2 different grade schools we've played together, known the ups and down,of each other's lives, have both had a son die in the prime of life. And I admire Kathy greatly, she has lost 2 breasts, an uterus, both ovaries to cancer but she is a survivor. Joked, "well here I am flat-chested" yes but SHE has a perfect excuse for it. She is one "tuff"broad! So a big worry if odd my shoulders, we exchanged phone numbers, cried a little on each,others shoulders, my husband 6 years ago on the 4th of July, hers is slipping into Alzheimer's pretty fast, accompanied her last night but kind of sat on the couch in the meeting area. Sad, so sad, he was an Industial Engineer when he was younger.
So tomorrow when you have your surgery I WILL be thinking about you, sending prayers to HEAVEN upon your behaft. Knowing, 3 weeks from Wednesday I will be facing my,own REBIRTHDAY, my Wonder Wednesday. Fears, Anxiey, ASORROW, not having it in my life. Since 2000,started I have lost to death my mother , my mother-law, 11 aunts and uncles, a best,of classmates & friends. my husband at 70, my first son at 31 to a heart defect no one, even his doctors suspected. I have lived with obesity too long, list several jobs I lived through no fault of my own, it hasn't always been a wonderful life but it has been mine. I am certain that I will not die, so many other stresses haven't killed me, so pffft if I do die, I will wake up in Heaven with my,Lord and Savior, and that will be a WIN also. In the meantime I will love as hard as I can everyone and every thing I can , for that is truly the" Frustr8 Way!"

Started my liquid pre-op diet yesterday. I have horrible stomach cramps now! Could it be the Protein Shakes? You would think this healthy eating would cause awesome BMs but nope! Ugh [emoji58]
No because not enough Fiber. All Protein.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, Fluffy Grandma said:

Well, tomorrow’s the big day!

RNY bypass first thing in the morning

Today is day three of my liquid diet. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I’m not hungry, I just want to chew something and Jello just doesn’t cut it.

I was planning on sleeping the day away so tomorrow would come and I could just get this over with, but my back just isn’t going to let that happen. So, I guess I’ll try and keep busy.

Oh Good Luck, excited for you. I will right behind you Tuesday. And my back is the same way. Are you nervous??

After many last-minute hurdles to jump through the last few weeks (as late as Friday there was still uncertainty - I discovered on Thursday I had to have a CPAP machine at the hospital - so I had one day (Friday) to acquire one. Also PCP only cleared me for surgery last Wednesday (had to get cardiac clearance after a last minute echocardiogram) - surgery is a go for tomorrow - fingers crossed! I'll try to post updates...

Edited by _Shane_

@_Shane_ Good luck, make sure you come in and give us all the ugly details as soon as u feel up to it!

11 minutes ago, _Shane_ said:

After many last-minute hurdles to jump through the last few weeks (as late as Friday there was still uncertainty - I discovered on Thursday I had to have a CPAP machine at the hospital - so I had one day (Friday) to acquire one. Also PCP only cleared me for surgery last Wednesday (had to get cardiac clearance after a last minute echocardiogram) - surgery is a go for tomorrow - fingers crossed! I'll try to post updates...

Oh wow, they threw alot at you at the last minute. Best wishes and keep us updated and how your doing.