Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I’m joining your ranks. Vsg scheduled for August 27th. I was on this board under a different user name 8 or 9 years ago when I got banded. It slipped in 2014 and I had it removed then. I’m very nervous but also motivated. No liquid pre op diet from my surgeon but he wants me to do a low carb low fat high Protein diet in the 2 weeks leading up to surgery.

21 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Rock it Kasey , you got this! Beat the worries and fears to death, YOU ARE POWER MAMA!

Thanks, less than 20 hours, so excited!!

1 hour ago, AtlantaRed said:

I was 8/6. Going home now. Also had a hiatal hernia repair (did any know I had one. It wasn't there when I had the sleeve.) Also had a congenital hernia in my diaphragm, so he fixed that too. That is where my pain is. I have dilaudid this time, which is really helping. I usually don't have much success with pain meds working. Clears only in the hospital, Water and broth are going down fine. Full liquids when I get home.

I have a hiatal hernia that is going to be repaired as well. Hopefully your pain eases. Take it easy at home.

Looks like I'll have to start a September surgery buddies board if one isn't already started. Last week, the surgeon decided he wants me to have another scope to see if my ulcers have healed and there are no dates for a scope before 8/20 (my original surgery date.) So, now I have a scope on 8/31 and surgery 9/10 if all goes well with the scope :( Good luck to everyone having or who has already had surgery this month!

Hi Natalie I’m Aug. 24th which is pretty close to your date and close enough to Aug friends you’ve already made.

Hey everyone !!

I had surgery 8/6 will be in the hospital until 8/8 . I’m doing well , I also had a hernia in which doc repaired while doing vsg. I’m having no pain just bloated so I’ve been walking like crazy and I have to say I feel better, I’ve only had ice chips which I tolerated well , no real food since Saturday and I don’t really feel hungry , poor to surgery I would have been hangry. Last nigh I had some nausea but nurse gave me something for that and Tylenol which has all done the trick . The whole experience has not been bad and I’m grateful .

I was 8/6. Going home now. Also had a hiatal hernia repair (did any know I had one. It wasn't there when I had the sleeve.) Also had a congenital hernia in my diaphragm, so he fixed that too. That is where my pain is. I have dilaudid this time, which is really helping. I usually don't have much success with pain meds working. Clears only in the hospital, Water and broth are going down fine. Full liquids when I get home.
Congratulations to you. I hope you don't have too much pain

@ NatalieB and Svedlux come join me in the September Surgeries and successes forum . I Think,you are our first September 10th-- love to,have you over there!

Had my surgery on the 6th. Despite a cheat day due to stress, my liver was small and pretty clean.

But let me tell you... GAS PAINS ARE NO JOKE.

Was in hospital until about 5pm today, pain is not fully gone but alas, was not prescribed anything but liquid tylenol, anti-nausea, and gabapentin. Pharmacy is out of the anti spasmodic.

Now that I am home and had some deep sleep, the coughing has started. With 5 incisions and gas pain and nausea, this is hell.

All well, since I pretty much have not been drinking, going to try to now. Maybe that plus the meds will also quiet the cough some.

Best to all!

3 minutes ago, Starr2015 said:

Had my surgery on the 6th. Despite a cheat day due to stress, my liver was small and pretty clean.

But let me tell you... GAS PAINS ARE NO JOKE.

Was in hospital until about 5pm today, pain is not fully gone but alas, was not prescribed anything but liquid tylenol, anti-nausea, and gabapentin. Pharmacy is out of the anti spasmodic.

Now that I am home and had some deep sleep, the coughing has started. With 5 incisions and gas pain and nausea, this is hell.

All well, since I pretty much have not been drinking, going to try to now. Maybe that plus the meds will also quiet the cough some.

Best to all!

Good luck to you too. Hopefully today will be the last day of misery for you and each new day it gets a bit easier on you.

Hope everything goes well for your hubby and that his healing is smooth and uneventful! Congratulations to both of you!

Sorry I’m late, just got my surgery date scheduled today. I’ll be getting surgery on August 29th. I’m nervous and excited!!!

Hey everyone, I just got scheduled today for August 29th.