Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 7/10/2020 at 11:46 AM, catwoman7 said:

I've never been a huge Jello fan and hadn't had it since my surgery five years ago (the pre-op diet...), but someone on another forum eats sugar free Jello all the time - with light Cool Whip - as a snack or dessert. Since I seem to be having trouble controlling my snacking lately, I thought I'd give it a try. It's not bad - and it's sweet - and super low in calories. I picked up this coconut whipped topping that I saw the other day at Trader Joe's (I noticed that they also have it at Aldi's) - it's even lower in calories than light Cool Whip (10 calories per 2 tablespoons), and it has a nice, coconut-y taste to it. Voila! Just had this as my morning snack...

jello.jpg

Great IDEA! And, at least you did not succumb to making Tomato aspic with meat stock! LOL.

images-4.jpeg

19 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Owned by the same family, but their parent companies split (not amicably) decades ago, became Aldi Sud & Aldi Nord. The operations of Trader Joe's & Aldi in the US are completely separate. Any overlap of products is a function of the private label industry vs. coordination. For example store brand hummus is likely to be either Tribe or Sabra. For most grocery categories there are a limited number of manufactures who have the scale to make private label in the quantities and at the price necessary.

https://www.producebluebook.com/2019/07/19/aldi-and-trader-joes-are-they-related/#

Way more info then I'm sure anyone wanted 😂

Oh, and the Everything But The Bagel is $1.95 at my local Aldi. I have found that similar or identical items are always a bit cheaper at Aldi vs. TJ's

We miss you, Silly Kitty! Wha cha got cookin' of late?! Meow.

19 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I thought this was my big break 😂

Looking to know what pharmaceutical to invest in!

On 7/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, MarvelGirl25 said:

Today’s lunch is oatmeal banana pancakes with low cal maple Syrup, a drizzle of almond butter, walnuts, a broken down cluster of granola, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and raw cacao nibs. I also microwaved some berries and used it as a sauce. First time having pancakes in YEARS.

7A9ACEF9-E1DB-493B-BB2D-C6DB2AC0A9DF.jpeg

I'm coming over for lunch! We freeze and use our leftover pancakes made with banana, oatmeal and cottage cheese batter into quick, little sandwiches. This was lunch yesterday - egg salad with that hint of banana. Yum.

IMG_4829.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Great IDEA! And, at least you did not succumb to making Tomato aspic with meat stock! LOL.

images-4.jpeg

UGH! Have you ever looked at cookbooks from 1950s - or Web sites that feature 1950s food? (like "regrettable food" https://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/ ). Awful=sounding stuff - like the one you posted!

On 7/10/2020 at 9:50 AM, rene50 said:

I am so enjoying the turn this tread has taken. Your healthy meals have given me ideas! Seeing pictures of meals of 2-3 bites missing is just silly to me, although I know people are happy about their restriction. I love my restriction too, but sharing healthy meal ideas is so helpful to me.

This is my first time here so I haven't looked at every post, but I'm with you rene50 - totally unclear on the purpose of pictures of food with 2-3 bites missing. I don't mean to offend, but that doesn't make any sense. Of course you're going to eat way less after WLS. I recently transitioned to a WFPB diet and need real-life inspiration from post-surgery peeps. The healthy meal ideas here are very helpful, thanks!

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

The two bagel seasoning brands

20200711_145104_HDR.jpg

This sounds just like dukkah an Egyptian spice & herb seasoning mix. It starts with the same ingredients as your bagel seasoning and has various combinations of other herbs, spices, seeds & nuts. I used to use one that had fennel & rosemary as a crust on lamb. Would be easy to add your choice of herbs & spices to amp up your bagel seasoning to sprinkle on meats, seafood, dips, Soups, salads...

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

@summerset can you find this brand in Germany?

Never seen Tofurkey so far. However, there are quite a few decent tasting vegan and/or vegetarian cold cuts available. Not every store carries a good variety though.

19 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

We miss you, Silly Kitty! Wha cha got cookin' of late?! Meow.

Ahhh ... miss you too @Sophie7713!

Isn't quarantine life odd? I went from constant work travel to constant stay at home-ness. I miss my old life, but it has given an opportunity to deepen relationships that wouldn't have been possible otherwise. My bf and I are half way moved in together, but still have our own closet space 🤣.

I'm also seeing close family much more frequently. During the first weeks of lockdown I started doing meal preps for some of them, because groceries were hard to come by. I've continued it because I enjoy it, and it helps out financially and/or they just like my cooking better than their own 🤣

Typical of my twice weekly preps:

IMG_1664.thumb.jpg.c3112ded602ef61b0680f002aaffc9f3.jpg

IMG_0951.thumb.jpg.4acce6004414457d78e78f66478aef89.jpg

But it's probably not a coincidence they've all recently gone on some kind of diet. My baking was probably to blame. Maybe my roll phase in particular, cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, salami rolls, coconut rolls 😧

IMG_0944.thumb.jpg.870436db72cd576e34d4a929964ed36d.jpg IMG_0954.thumb.jpg.8d2b278d898c15ab5e2ee4fe1dfe89f7.jpg IMG_1353.thumb.jpg.0cba7e46c97272fe64bd114a1d9ef5cd.jpg IMG_1355.thumb.jpg.2b4e53be62b01114b8be193a9cb4de87.jpg IMG_1352.thumb.jpg.ebd8a4ce65678af2a2a1b0c6857a84a7.jpg IMG_1358.thumb.jpg.b28bca0adb2e85a04edea206809cfdbf.jpg

Edited by sillykitty

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

This sounds just like dukkah an Egyptian spice & herb seasoning mix. It starts with the same ingredients as your bagel seasoning and has various combinations of other herbs, spices, seeds & nuts. I used to use one that had fennel & rosemary as a crust on lamb. Would be easy to add your choice of herbs & spices to amp up your bagel seasoning to sprinkle on meats, seafood, dips, Soups, salads...

Trader Joe's has Dukkah too!

dukkah.jpg.4b825124937a8ce775aa8330662bf058.jpg

On 7/10/2020 at 9:50 AM, rene50 said:

I am so enjoying the turn this tread has taken. Your healthy meals have given me ideas! Seeing pictures of meals of 2-3 bites missing is just silly to me, although I know people are happy about their restriction. I love my restriction too, but sharing healthy meal ideas is so helpful to me.

16 hours ago, MotoZen said:

This is my first time here so I haven't looked at every post, but I'm with you rene50 - totally unclear on the purpose of pictures of food with 2-3 bites missing. I don't mean to offend, but that doesn't make any sense. Of course you're going to eat way less after WLS. I recently transitioned to a WFPB diet and need real-life inspiration from post-surgery peeps. The healthy meal ideas here are very helpful, thanks!

In the very first post @GreenTealael laid out the intent of this thread

"Like weight loss before and after photos but of your new diet !

I'm especially interested in before and after meal photos (take a pic at the point you feel restriction) but it can be of recipe substitutions, your refrigerator/pantry/shopping cart/etc"

If a more narrowly focused thread is of interest to you, they exist or you can create a new one.