Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

4 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

At high school I’d eat dry nutrigrain in a cup late at night while doing assignments. Do you have Nutrigrain or is it just an Australian Cereal? It was promoted as Ironman food by our champion surf lifesavers. Crunchy with a sweet slightly sticky when dry outer. Mmmm. Now I want nutrigrain. Lol!

IMG_0653.thumb.jpeg.34f4c24aaf11e205c2c41f7d68c74ca7.jpeg

In the US, Nutri-grain is a Cereal bar. I'm not a fan of them and they're not very nutrient dense.

image.png.7259cb954048645e475ec762f880fa13.png

59 minutes ago, LindsayT said:

In the US, Nutri-grain is a Cereal bar. I'm not a fan of them and they're not very nutrient dense.

We get them as a bar here as well too now. Back in my high school days (40+ yrs ago) it was just the cereal & it wasn’t the best choice back then either but better than those super sweet or high sugar ones we had then (cocoa pops, fruit loops, etc.) - at least it was made from whole grains - lol! The thought of eating them today actually turns my tummy. I’ll stick with my rolled oats - you just can’t eat it straight out of the box 😂😂.

We get them as a bar here as well too now. Back in my high school days (40+ yrs ago) it was just the Cereal & it wasn’t the best choice back then either but better than those super sweet or high sugar ones we had then (cocoa pops, fruit loops, etc.) - at least it was made from whole grains - lol! The thought of eating them today actually turns my tummy. I’ll stick with my rolled oats - you just can’t eat it straight out of the box [emoji23][emoji23].
Cereal, in general, doesn't sound appealing to me anymore. TBH, a lot of foods don't. It crazy the cereals they have out now. Sure, let's start our day with 30g of sugar in a bowl...lol. Or when I was young, we had plain cereal; like plain cheerios, and we'd add heaps of sugar to it. [emoji1785] Now, as adults, we just run through the coffee shop and get the 300+ calorie latte with 50g of sugar.
With Fall coming up, the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks is launching soon. Here's the nutritional facts. It really makes me think about what I was doing to myself. I'd have one of these 3 or 4 times a week.
No wonder obesity is an issue...Screenshot_20230823_080158_Chrome.jpg

32 minutes ago, LindsayT said:

Cereal, in general, doesn't sound appealing to me anymore. TBH, a lot of foods don't. It crazy the cereals they have out now. Sure, let's start our day with 30g of sugar in a bowl...lol. Or when I was young, we had plain cereal; like plain cheerios, and we'd add heaps of sugar to it. Now, as adults, we just run through the coffee shop and get the 300+ calorie latte with 50g of sugar.
With Fall coming up, the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks is launching soon. Here's the nutritional facts. It really makes me think about what I was doing to myself. I'd have one of these 3 or 4 times a week.

I love fall just for the pumpkin spice anything lol I have been on Pinterest the last few weeks eyeing variations on how to make this lighter. I usually don't do coffee shops even before surgery, but have some gift cards to use.

I did finally find Premier Pumpkin spice and have been using that in my morning coffee all week.

1 hour ago, NP_WIP said:

I love fall just for the pumpkin spice anything lol I have been on Pinterest the last few weeks eyeing variations on how to make this lighter. I usually don't do coffee shops even before surgery, but have some gift cards to use.

I did finally find Premier pumpkin spice and have been using that in my morning coffee all week.

2 hours ago, LindsayT said:

Cereal, in general, doesn't sound appealing to me anymore. TBH, a lot of foods don't. It crazy the cereals they have out now. Sure, let's start our day with 30g of sugar in a bowl...lol. Or when I was young, we had plain cereal; like plain cheerios, and we'd add heaps of sugar to it. Now, as adults, we just run through the coffee shop and get the 300+ calorie latte with 50g of sugar.

I know right? this is more like a Meal Replacement than anything. So sad I drank one of these every day it was available. I don't even go to starbucks anymore since I was sleeved. I don't really miss it. I have my coffee still and I do pumpkin kcups and sugar free Creamer measured out. I dont miss it at all.

After WLS (when I still drank coffee) I used to brew pumpkin spice coffee and add a bit more spice to give it just the right flavor. There are also sugar free pumpkin spice syrups. But I also stopped drinking anything that wasn’t skinny at Starbucks until I eventually stopped all together.

The store bought pumpkin flavors don't taste right to me. This will be my first fall since surgery, so we'll see how desperate I get...lol

4 hours ago, LindsayT said:

The store bought pumpkin flavors don't taste right to me. This will be my first fall since surgery, so we'll see how desperate I get...lol

Oh I think you won't even consider those drinks as a good/acceptable thing now - I can't have even a sip without regretting it. It's almost unbelievable what we did before in the throes of sugar addiction.

16 minutes ago, Spinoza said:

Oh I think you won't even consider those drinks as a good/acceptable thing now - I can't have even a sip without regretting it. It's almost unbelievable what we did before in the throes of sugar addiction.

Oh, for sure. It was nothing for me to make a batch of brownies and eat half of it in one day.

On 8/21/2023 at 1:29 PM, GreenTealael said:

Who else is eating their Cereal in milk?

Raises hand*

Actually, had my first bowl of cereal today since surgery. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios with sliced banana and skim milk. It was delish.

I think the only time I ate cereal dry was if it was covered in sugar. LOL

I've never seen that cereal in stores here in USA @Arabesque but I remember eating nutri grain Breakfast bars. Both made by Kelloggs.

I don’t see Cereal as a good option for me since surgery. I’m post sleeve -5 years. You have to be careful with cereals bc alot of brands claim to be “healthy” but they have hidden sugars etc-and tons of carbs w little or no protien in them aside from the milk.
I feel like for me cereal would be more of a slider food.
Like it wouldn’t fill you up. Not a lot of Protein in it.
Also, I’m not a Breakfast person so that’s prob easier for me to say too.
Bc I’m not. My go to is Ratio Coconut Yogurt w fresh blueberries.
Ratio is low in sugar 3, 25g protein and 170 calories, 8 carbs

OMG that pumpkin **** latte has 50g of sugar 😱 That’s double the daily recommended intake of sugar for an adult. It’s funny how that is so horrifying now but before it wouldn’t even have been a consideration.

What actually is in pumpkin spice? We don’t have it here. Is it just cinnamon & nutmeg?

23 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

I feel like for me cereal would be more of a slider food.

It was for me today. It's not something I plan to eat regularly after WLS. I read the label. 30g carbs/12g of it is sugar. Wasn't a good choice but so are a lot of other things posted to this thread. LOL

My nutritionist encouraged me to eat carbs pre-op and it was really tough for me to shift from my Keto mentality to 45g of carbs daily. But I lost 22 pounds before WLS in those 3 months. In a few weeks I'm supposed to up my carbs to 60g. I usually sweeten food with Stevia so today was a one off.

38 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

OMG that pumpkin **** latte has 50g of sugar 😱 That’s double the daily recommended intake of sugar for an adult. It’s funny how that is so horrifying now but before it wouldn’t even have been a consideration.

What actually is in pumpkin spice? We don’t have it here. Is it just cinnamon & nutmeg?

Not quite sure the spices, but it's best described as a pumpkin pie flavor: Pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove. Complete with whipped cream.