Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take to lose 100lbs

For those of you who have lost that much weight, first of congrats and how long did it take to lose it? 6 months, a year, longer? Taking this day by day can sometimes be overwhelming and I often find myself wishing it were already 6 months later because I can’t wait to get to where I’ll be by then. I started my bypass journey at 304lbs May 21st and I’m now 270lbs

If this question triggers you then walk away and spare me with the don’t compare yourself to others and everyone loses at a diff rate!

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

@Yo-yo girl Update your weight stats. They don't match with your post.

It looks like we have a similar starting weight, current weight, and goal weight. How tall are you?

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

About 8 or so months. I started at 226-230ish.

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-124
GW-130
Size- 2, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 34C

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

[mention=337987]Yo-yo girl[/mention] Update your weight stats. They don't match with your post.
It looks like we have a similar starting weight, current weight, and goal weight. How tall are you?

I want to and I also want to enter my surgery date and all that stuff but I don’t know how [emoji30]

I’m 5’5 my first goal weight is 250lbs then 200lbs and lastly 150lbs. I’ve broken it down into a few goals because it’s easy to get discouraged looking down from being so far up but the smaller goals are my “way to go, you’re almost there” pat in the back [emoji38] What’s your goal weight?

Go to: PATIENTS (5th heading from your left, on top of screen).

Select MY SURGERY in the pull-down menu.

Select PROGRESS (see squiggly arrow on the left side of your screen).

Enter your new stats.

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

It took me six months from my surgery date, which was my personal goal. I was heavier than you but am a slower loser. Slow, but consistent.

4 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

It took me six months from my surgery date, which was my personal goal. I was heavier than you but am a slower loser. Slow, but consistent

I wouldn't say 100lb in six months was slow, that's an average of nearly 17lb per month.

1 minute ago, 2shea said:

8 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

It took me six months from my surgery date, which was my personal goal. I was heavier than you but am a slower loser. Slow, but consistent

I wouldn't say 100lb in six months was slow, that's an average of nearly 17lb per month.

My surgery weight was 369. It’s all relative. It’s slower than many people with that starting weight. But I’m fine with my progress.

I’m at 90 lbs (woot!).... just over 6 months

It took me six months from my surgery date, which was my personal goal. I was heavier than you but am a slower loser. Slow, but consistent.

That’s pretty good.. congrats! Considering the scale has never been so generous to us before.

About 6.5 months I should hit it at my 'official weekly weigh in' Tuesday. Would have been about a month sooner, but I have increased calories a lot as I exercise and that slowed things a little. I had the sleeve so a bypass likely would be quicker

Edited by Losebig

About 6.5 months I should hit it at my 'official weekly weigh in' Tuesday. Would have been about a month sooner, but I have increased calories a lot as I exercise and that slowed things a little. I had the sleeve so a bypass likely would be quicker

I have my fingers crossed 🤞

@Myaiku_Kuraitani why did you choose RNY over the sleeve at your SW? Just wondering

On June 29, 2018 at 11:41 PM, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

Go to: PATIENTS (5th heading from your left, on top of screen).

Select MY SURGERY in the pull-down menu.

Select PROGRESS (see squiggly arrow on the left side of your screen).

Enter your new stats.

I see that you followed up and entered your current stats. Keep updating them, as the Current Weight and Weight Lost lines can be inspiring... I know they are for me.

It took me about 4 months.