Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Dates

Good luck Missy, and yes candy, it is hell waiting... I can't wait to start the Liquid Protein diet next Monday (10 days before surgery) just to stop eating so much right now - I have the hungry horrors! Did you all go thru this before your pre-op diet?

Missy, I wish I was in your shoes but I know it will be my turn soon also. Let us know how you make out. Best of luck.

gg88, I totally feel you on the sleep thing. I thought I was going to fall asleep on the elevator in my condos going home. I would wake up just to go to sleep. Not familar with lovenox?? I was a little sore but no pain. I really haven't been noticably hungry until today when I went back to work. And that feel was quickly squashed. I am a little worried I am not eating enough, even though it is only liquids. But I am guessing that is a short term effect.

Thank you all I am just so ANXIOUS! I have the "hungry horrors" as well... I feel the need to eat everything once before I can't ever again.

yes, I think we all went through some sort of hungry hell. I have been doing good since my banding, but today is my first day back at work, and I have been really hungry today. I didn't bring enough liquids with me. Would fight somebody over some chicken wings right now!

OMG candy, chicken wings!!!! I'm staying out of stores right now cause that's what I'd target!!! I'm home today too so it doesn't help. Pack lots of liquids for tomorrow. Were you feeling okay for work today? It's your 6th day.

did someone say chicken wings....with chilli sauce, or maybe BBQ sauce...who needs sauce. Where can I get some chicken wings...would they go in the blender and turn into liquid do you think??:hungry:

Danna

Thunder, my sleepiness has resolved since I quit pain med. I am also concerned about not eating enough. I am not hungry. I have yet to get all my Protein in and calories are around 800 to 1000? I hope this doesn't stall weight loss. I have lost 6lbs since surgery! How are you doing? gg

Lovenox is an injection to thin blood to prevent blood clot, my doc sends everyone home on it. I don't have any history of DVT and just wondered if anyone else was sent home on Lovenox. gg

My surgeon doctor has told us that we would consume appx. 1000-1200 cals a day on the Protein liquid diet and even after once on solids. I think when I practiced for four days I was counting my cals and it totalled appx. 800 also. I think that's too low so I'd have to add to make it to 1000. We will lose a lot, probably 2 1/2 to 3 lbs at 1000. I think our body will get used to it and we will probably feel less hungry after a while. Getting rid of sugar and flour products is a good start for me, it will get rid of the cravings that cause me to gain weight. Also cheese...and wings...I can't think about these anymore. Why do I lose these so much! Counting down now.

Thanks for all your advice, friendly ones and not so much. Yes I know I got myself into this and can anyone truthfully tell me you didn't slip up once or twice since you've made this decision? I did call my dr and he told me I've done fine, just be sure and do my best to stick to the liquids for the next 7 days. Fortunately, unlike some of you (Jazzywoman) not so sympathetic readers, he didn't crucify me for making a mistake. I thought this site was friendly and helpful but I guess thats only as long as you are PERFECT and follow all the rules exactly.

I will probably move to a different site now, I noticed someone has already moved my December 17th date off the list but thanks to you that were supportive!

weight.png

STILL GONNA BE A MERRY LOSER!!

Don't leave the site, I am not on the list either, but no biggy. Stay with us. I need your support. Hang in there.

Ok, here goes. I apologize if I missed someone. I went back to the beginning.

MERRY LOSERS

Dec 3 - CarolK1

parrot0927

antsmith101

Christasha

Danna(sewenup1)

Heavy Heartland

Dec 4 - TXbandit

kris102003

Sandy63

candy8360

inthecitygirl

Rosie15

Dec 5 - mejr62

Chienne and her dad

Brooke (medic26541)

Babyblues425

Munchkin392

Buckeye jc

goddezz

Dec 6 – Sghatl

newlife

JEN_RN

Lost in LS

Twilight

AudricIan

gg88

NewMeFrisco

ThunderWheels

Dec 7 - Newblew

jen hollers

Meghan1983

jennypoo

tomecia25

Jais

Dec 8

Dec 9

Dec 10 - HeatherA (tentative)

Michelle28

Fanny Adams <<< NEW DATE!! EEK!

Dec 11 - ::Tracy::

vanessa

Tia Maria

Gus123

krisa

cattles

Dec 12 - Caramel

Vicki J

chatita

mrskrzyz

Sheila

Dec 13 - jmschnapf

Anyalee

Mommathang

Motogrossgirly

MissyDFE

missmonaaz

Heatherz88

secretstolen

Dec 14

Dec 15

Dec 16

Dec 17 - 100lbsforsale

MissSac

gingimop

Tishbite2

grannyk

girlygirlz

collet

lachanga (tentative)

Dec 18 - Mendypoo

Livingthe Dream

JET's MOM

HHWALJ

Kelly Mcgee

AlysonRR

Reillye

HeatherA

Just A Girl

Frisky1

Ellisa

Dec 19 - Cerrin

Dandydeb

Artsy

cajuncutie

Moosictchr

Dec 20 - Jonesy

mrsjiggles (tentative)

nhlapband

Sunshine Tx

Dec 21

Dec 22

Dec 23

DEC 24

Dec 25 - MERRY CHRISTMAS

Dec 26 - Miss Polly

jenncore

lachica39

Palarin

Tcuts

gayle21

Dec 27 - jasmona1214

glitzigirl

thundandlight

Jazzywoman

jbaines

Dec 28 - The Fox imsamiam

J.Discount

Cleo2354

Mellis

Dec 29

Dec 30

Dec 31 - Justin

Chrisann

I can't believe there are now 5 of us on the 19th. How did I miss all of you. Welcome. I am looking forward to taking this journey with your help.

I have finally made it to the pre op diet phase and I am 7 days and counting to surgery time. My doc has asked me to do the Atkins diet for 7 days but as you might have experienced you tend to eat terrible right up until it is time to go live with your new life. Well I have been eating like it was the end and today was my first day of no sugar/Atkins. I can tell you guys honestly that I am about to freak out. I won't cheat but man I am hurting big time. You guys that have done liquid only diets are SUPER impressive. I actually put a handful of Cheezits in my mouth and didn't even realize it till I tasted the sweetness. I thought why do these taste so freaking good and then it hit me. Later the same day I ran into a gas station and almost grabbed my usual $6 in pure junk food and I snapped out of it.

GrannyK, Don't let a few people spoil your experience here. You have to remember that the dieting criticism is coming from grossly obese people (myself included) so throwing rocks in a glass house rule should be in affect.